There are many types of electric grills on the market, but which compact models are available, and which model is right for you? We take a look at 5 top compact grills on the market. These grills are typically small enough to fit on a countertop, but large enough to cook 2-4 servings depending on which model you like. Because they’re compact, you’ll be able to store them away on a shelf in the kitchen with easy. And all compact grills are able to cook steak, fish, burgers, and even veggies.
When you’re shopping for a compact electric grill, you’re probably looking for a few key features. Many people use small electric grills as a tool to take on vacation to the beach or a great way to cook at an indoor tailgate party. Apartment dwellers typically need to use electric grills to comply with fire regulations but still want to have their steak and eat it, too. An electric grill can afford you these types of luxuries. Whatever your reason for buying a grill, it’s important to feel comfortable with your choices. This article will guide you through some of the most important features.
Apartment & Condo Dwellers: Meet the Electric Grill
For people who love to cook in an apartment, condo, or townhouse, you know that there are a lot of regulations to comply with. Your apartment community may have specific rules that usually forbid any open flame cooking outdoors, but you also may need to check with local fire regulations as well as neighborhood or condo associations as well.
If you’re not allowed to put a grill of any type on your patio, then a compact grill will have to do. If your goal is to cook meat or sandwiches, then a compact electric grill is the best candidate for your daily meals. You will want to explore the different models and see what they offer. Some indoor electric grills now allow cooking for up to eight people, yet you may not have enough counter space to use and store them. If you’re really into cooking daily, then an electric grill on the counter isn’t a bad thing. If you plan on using it just a few times a month, however, you probably want to find a small model that can be stored away easily.
6 Best Compact Electric Grills in 2017-2018
Looking for the best possible compact grill for your needs? Let’s go over some of the most popular compact models, their features and their benefits. There are actually a lot of great choices available, but for the purposes of this article, we’ll focus on the next 6 choices.
- Families of 4 will rejoice and this easy-to-use grilling solution that can cook multiple servings at once. The Foreman grill has an excellent reputation and is known for its compact size. If you want, you can use it outside, but there’s plenty of space for this grill on your counter or table. Besides, if you want to, you can downsize this grill to two servings and use it for meals for couples, instead. Both options are available and this contact grill is simple to use. There are plates that can flip over depending on the textures you want your finished food to have.
- The Weber grill functions as well as a charcoal grill and belong on your patio or outdoors. It’s listed, however, because it is portable and can be used for any outdoor celebrations easily. You can purchase a grill stand separately or, with the 6 foot electric cord, you can plug it in and place it on a table.
- This smokeless grill uses advanced infrared technology in its heating components to cook all of your food evenly and completely. Think of this as the geek’s grill; you can watch it heat up and use it even as a griddle, but you don’t have to do very much once it’s at the correct temperature. Temperature control is precise through the knobs and it’s a joy watching your food as it’s cooking.
- This model is one of the best indoor BBQ grills that’s out there. Offering both temperature control and portability, this Hamilton Beach model allows precise temperature controls with a “sear” option that turns up quickly and the turns back down again for thorough cooking. Steak lovers especially will love this grill.
- This grill is great for the cooking enthusiast/foodie. If you’re looking for a grill that can do a few extra tasks, such as doubling as a Saturday morning breakfast griddle, this is the perfect choice for you. Griddle, make pancakes and Paninis as well as steaks and burgers, all done perfectly to your specs.
- This is a simple, basic electric grill with enough space to cook large cuts of poultry, beef, or pork. The lid on the grill is not as heavy as a Foreman grill, which means that it doesn’t crush or sandwich the food you’re cooking. It still has the fat collecting tray and helps you get the healthiest main dish possible. It’s just a bit more basic and yet easier to use than the other models, and perfect for a single person or a couple.
Tips for Shopping for Your Compact Electric Grill:
When shopping for your grill, it’s important to look at a couple of aspects to make sure it really is the grill you want and need. Ask yourself, does it have the type of temperature gauge you need? Some models of electric grills, especially grills like the George Foreman models, only have a temperature gauge that shows that it’s ready to use and then another that shows that your food is done. Other models may provide you with an exact temperature, which can be very important when cooking regularly or in larger quantities.
Many compact grills plus into an outlet, making them portable but not moveable once they’re cooking. Check to find the length of the cord if you’re worried about it. Many models, like the Weber model, also sell grilling carts if that is something that will help your grill be more portable.
Finally, it’s time to evaluate what’s inside the grill. Does it offer removable plates and is that something you need? Many grills will offer attachments for grilling Paninis or other food items. If you’re interested in this, make sure that you check for what types of plates and how they are used.
Summing it Up:
There are many compact electric options on the market today, but do your homework and try to stick with the options that are most important to you. Almost all electric grills are easy to clean and use a Teflon-like surface on their grilling plates. So don’t look for the common features, look for the features that are less common. Precise temperatures, removable and exchangeable plates, and other features add more value to a grill. Of course, you should also read the reviews. Happy grilling!
And what will be the best compact electric grill in 2018? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!