There’s nothing better than cooking outside in warm weather, even if you’re just tailgating or camping. When the weather gets too hot or cold, however, you may not want to brave it. That’s why electric grills are so popular in modern society. When they were first invented, they were touted as a great way to lose weight by cutting the fat from your favorite cuts of meat. Other benefits are also a part of the tradition now of cooking with electric grills; they heat up pretty darn fast, and then, on top of that, you can usually cut your cooking time in half one’s they’re ready. Electric grills have become a mainstay of modern society. Everyone seems to have at least a small one on hand for emergencies.
But what if you have outgrown the model your Mom or Dad gave you for your birthday? Today, there is a wide array of grills to choose from, many which are not only sleek and handsome but can even cook up a restaurant quality barbeque grill. Electric grills are popular additions to boats, tailgating parties, camping trips and other events. You’re just as likely to see an electric grill at a campsite as you are to see a charcoal or gas one.
When you’re shopping for an electric grill, there are a lot of factors you’ll want to consider. How often do you plan on using it? Where do you plan to use it most – at home? Outdoors? On a camping trip or at your favorite team’s parking lot? Grill top space is also an important factor. A portable grill may work well if you’re cooking for a small family, but if you’re planning a backyard party with a lot of guests, you’ll need to be able to cook at least 10 burgers or hot dogs at a time.
Some people who buy tabletop electric grills plan on using them so much that they become a part of their indoor décor. If this is your plan, then you’ll want to pay attention to the aesthetics of the grill and make sure it’s sturdy enough to keep its finish. A stainless steel electric grill is quite popular for this purpose and will fit in neatly with any modern kitchen design.
Electric grill storage should always be indoors, away from the elements, even if you have an indoor/outdoor grill. If you want your grill to last a long time, keep it away from extreme temperatures and, of course, any children in your home. A closet or cabinet is the best place to store it for safekeeping when not in use.
Best Electric Grill 2017
As you can see, there are a lot of factors to consider when purchasing an electric grill. Let’s take a look at some of the best models available on the market today before you narrow down your options. There are different grills that fit well with different lifestyles, so these grills have been reviewed with this in mind.
Small Size Electric Grills
Different grills serve different purposes. If you live alone and plan on cooking meals with your grill, then a small electric grill is usually cost-effective and easy to use and store. A small grill should fit your purposes pretty well, and if you want your meat or chicken cooked-through perfectly every time, then this is the one you’ll want to try out at home. A small electric grill is almost always the best grill for cooking fish because both overcooking and undercooking can be a disaster when it comes to both taste and food safety. If you cook a lot of fish, a small grill is probably your best choice. You can plate a perfectly cooked fish while you concentrate on making impressive side dishes, too.
- George Foreman has always set the standard when it comes to indoor, electric grilling, and his modern grill variations are no exception. This grill can cook thoroughly and efficiently, and it’s easy to use, too. This is a great beginner’s grill for any skill level, but don’t expect it to taste smoky. It’s so compact you can take it and use it pretty much anywhere you go.
- This small grill is a great way to get barbeque or grill-quality food when it’s not possible to light up the charcoal. You’ll love its sleek look as well as the taste of the final product. The meat always comes out juicy, just like regular grilled food. It also offers 245 square inches of grilling space. This small grill is the best choice for cooking barbeque dishes; while it may take a bit of time to warm up, it’s built to handle long, consistent temperatures without sacrificing taste or causing any safety hazards. Chicken is one of the obvious first choices to try when you’re using this grill. Do not use this grill indoors; it’s built only for outside use and presents a fire hazard otherwise.
Medium Size Electric Grills
A medium size electric grill is ideal for small gatherings, such as feeding a family of four or six. Because this usually requires a larger grill size, sometimes it’s difficult to find a grill that produces consistent results across the grill surface. These electric grills get the job done, and are built to have a long life.
- This indoor electric grill is ideal for cooking indoor dinners, with a lid that adjusts to the thickness of each particular meal you’re cooking. This grill is a favorite for cooking indoor hamburgers, especially in large families where everybody wants a great meal but doesn’t have a lot of time to spare. Veggies and even sandwiches can be cooked on this grill, and it cleans up and wipes down easily when the meal is over.
- If you’ve got a crowd of 4 to 6 and want to cook up food that tastes just as authentic as any BBQ meal, then this is the grill for you. This amazing grill has multiple levels where you can boil up veggies or fry some eggs at the same time you’re barbequing. It heats up quickly and is a great way to cook up your steak or pork.
Party-Size Electric Grills
Tailgating or hosting a party may never be the same once you’ve found your favorite electric grill, and why should they be? There’s a lot of pride to be had in cooking some tasty food up in practically no time for your ten or fifteen favorite people. You’ll make some exciting memories as well as feed some of your best buddies, and for many of us, that’s what grilling is all about.
- This model of Foreman grill is quickly becoming a classic in the world of tailgating, and it’s no surprise. It can cook up 15 servings quickly, with relative ease, so you can mingle with guests without worrying about burning the meat. Temperature controls help you make sure you cook everything thoroughly and evenly. The grill breaks down in a way that makes it portable, and you can easily use it indoors or outdoors – including without its legs on a countertop.
- This Char-Broil electric grill model is meant to party, and it does the job well by cooking up 8-12 hamburgers at a time. The porcelain plated cooking plates are a breeze to clean, and its precision temperature control helps you get the perfect cook-through every time. This grill is ideal for cooking hamburgers, hot dogs, and fish, but don’t expect it to be able to sear anything when it’s at capacity. Choose a smaller model if you want the kind of control searing provides.
Best Electric Grill for Foodies
Finally, there’s a great grill for entertaining that every modern chef should be aware of, and it may very well be one of the best electric grills for BBQ out there on the market at this time.
- This is a handsome addition to any kitchen, taking up a bit of counter space but it’s well worth it if you’re looking for a versatile appliance that will make you fall in love with indoor grilling. If you’re really just looking to create amazing dishes on a daily basis, then it’s time to get this grill and start experimenting with making some amazing dishes. It gets hot enough to sear and has the temperature control that will allows you to use it as a contact grill, Panini press, full griddle, full grill, half grill/half griddle, and even a top melt. Like most electric grills, it’s also a snap to clean; just pop out the plates and put them in the dishwasher or wash by hand. The sturdy design is meant to last a long time, even with heavy use.
Summing it Up:
The electric grill has grown up a lot in recent years, and it’s become so much a part of modern life that everyone who likes to cook should have one on hand. Grilling with an electric grill is easy, fun, and healthy. If you haven’t tried one yet, what are you waiting for?
We have a lot of information on this website to help you choose the best grill for you, so if you have other needs, please take a look around, and enjoy!