Grilling with an electric mini grill is a fun method for foodies – especially because it’s considered one of the most safest and most efficient methods to grill hamburgers, pork chops, and other lean meats for a few people or a group, depending on your grill as well as your inclinations. In general, most mini-grills can cook up about four servings at most, perfect to provide a function similar to griddles. It’s easy and convenient to cook up your lamb chops and a side of veggies. Mini grills are notoriously easy to use, and alongside that benefit, they’re also known for being an excellent method of cutting the fat, in some cases up to 85%, which is such a huge bonus when you love to eat, I really can’t stress it enough.
If you love grilling and grilled food, and you’re a big foodie at heart, then of course you should have a mini grill to cooking indoors in inclement weather. Many foodies I know use them all winter long, especially because of their quick cooking times. Whether you’re a single person, a couple, or a small family, they cook quickly and thoroughly, making it easy to forego the meat thermometer.
Cleaning up a portable electric mini grill is also super-easy; most of them feature removable plates that are dishwasher-friendly, and come with a tray that catches the fat and the grease so you can empty it out safely every single time.
Mini Grills Can Pack a Big Punch in Flavor
The electric mini-grill can pack a big punch when it comes to flavor, and if you’ve used a rub, herbs, or seasoning, you’ll be very pleased with the final results. Juicy and even cooking is the name of the game when it comes to the electric indoor grill. Make sure you read the reviews if you choose a model outside of this website.
Grilled food is tasty, but there are always optimum temperatures and cook times that should be observed to get the best flavor. Some mini grills will have a temperature gauge, while others just have a knob ranging from low to high. Most of us plan to cook meant with a mini grill, so make sure that you get a grill that has flexibility and accuracy. Sure, you can simply grill your food according to food safety standards, but wouldn’t it be awesome to get that pork chop cooked just perfect?
Some of the mini grills now on the market are a bit larger than the original models, which are traditionally thought of as George Foreman style grills. Some are not safe for both indoors and outdoors. Think of your safety and practice it well. No matter what size grill, an electric grill will pack a large punch when it comes to juiciness and quality of the final product.
Quality is also an important factor when it comes to electric mini grills. A sturdy, mini-grill that can fit on your countertop or tabletop is so important – if you choose a low quality grill, it could be a fire hazard.
Choose a larger model mini-electric grill can be a good choice for your family. They’re still small enough to carry around but not as light as a one-person grill. If you’re cooking for four, you should be able to accommodate all the food you want to grill at one time. Make sure the model you choose has a non-stick surface and removable trays that can be easily cleaned if you’re choosing a family-size electric mini grill. After all, larger and more portions make larger messes, and you don’t want to be stuck with cleaning up a lot of mess or grease, especially if you’ve got kids around.
Electric Mini-Grills in 2017-2018: Let’s Look 6 Options
The recommended products pros and cons are listed in these reviews.
- Looking to feed a get-together quickly, indoors or out? This baby can cook up to six hamburgers at a time in about 10 minutes, which makes it ideal for those who plan to use an electric mini-grill for tailgating or other gatherings. It can be used outdoors in good weather, and cook up a lot of food at the same time. Hint: Try a few servings of asparagus alongside a few burgers for a great couple’s night. This one’s not built for accuracy but it can make a heck of a burger or steak. For this mini electric grill, Lowe’s isn’t even the destination. It’s for sale at Amazon. True, it’s a larger grill, but it’s a great buy for any family or couple. Not only can it grill meal and veggies, it can also cook up Paninis and small pizzas for you, too. Nothing like having one of these mini grills at home. It’s a little bigger, but it’s still compact enough for a countertop.
- Hamilton’s electric mini-grill allows you the accuracy you need to get the perfect burger, chop, or steak every time. Cooking time for fish and chops differ, and this grill recognizes that fact, giving you actual temperature controls to help make each dish come out almost perfect. Like the smaller mini-grills, this portable grill has a hood, plate and drip tray that can be tossed into the dishwasher when done, and it’s portable enough to go on vacation with you with a weight of only 8 pounds. People have complained that the grill manual for cook times is inaccurate, so make sure you heed the cook times in the recipes you’re cooking. It may smoke a bit; so make sure you “grill” in a place that’s ventilated.
- If you’re just starting out with grilling, and plan on cooking for yourself and sometimes a companion, start with the classic Foreman Grill. Foreman grills are known for their reliability, their ability to cook thoroughly, and their ability to cut the fat efficiently. You will always have food that’s cooked all the way through on a Foreman grill as long as you follow directions. If you live in a dorm, apartment or on your own, this electric mini-grill is always your best bet.
- This great electric mini-grill is meant for family dinners, and can serve up anything from a couple pork chops and veggies to a four member family main course. Meat is cooked thoroughly in about 10 minutes, but you don’t get a lot of temperature control. Fast is the name of the game when it comes to the Foreman brand. Your meat will have significantly less fat, too, while all of the drippings are caught neatly in the drip tray. While not the most accurate grill for foodies, you’ll love the fact that it’s consistent and cooks meat safely, and that’s already almost perfectly portable for vacations or picnics. Skip a fast food trip and try this for a quick dinner instead.
- This is a great mini-grill for get-togethers and tailgating. The grill itself is portable, but heavy and larger than most mini grills in these reviews (about 20lbs so you can’t make a kid haul it for you.) While this is a con, the pro is simply that it can accommodate a lot of food, and a lot of people, while still cooking thoroughly in about 15 minutes. This means a ton of awesome hamburgers, maybe some asparagus or carrots. You could even feed a whole Girl Scout troop dinner if you need to – a few half-sized paninis could fit on this grill too.
- This mini electric grill can help you grill multiple vegetables or meat on top, while cooking the cheese to dip your meal in on the bottom. It can accommodate about 8 servings at a time, which is great for a holiday or birthday get-together as well as game night. The meals are traditionally from Switzerland, but they’re a fun activity for any type of get-together, and this electric mini-grill is worth learning a few things about traditional raclette cooking. Each tray on the bottom of this grill holds (the trays are called coupelles) about 1.5 ounces of cheese, and the top of this grill can hold multiple servings – probably about 4 of a main meat, and at least two veggies.
Summing it Up:
While considering which grill to buy, remember that each mini-grill is unique and serves a different purpose. Variety is the spice of life, and each grill master or chef really needs to decide what type of meals or courses they want to cook, and purchasing accordingly.
Mini-grills are great for parties as well as individual meals.
And what will be the best mini electric grill in 2018? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!