If you can’t resist the charred flavor in your food and want to enjoy as much as you can, you need the ideal basic charcoal grill. It will be the best part of your kitchen to add that smokey taste and aroma in your food.
Different brands on the market have their basic charcoal grills to offer. You will only get confused to have a look at each of them. Therefore, we have our recommendations for you to consider in your list.
Scroll down to find everything you need to know about the best basic charcoal grills of today.
The Top 5 Best Basic Charcoal Grills in 2021
|Products||Weight||Cooking surface||Number of people it serves||Materials||Price|
|Portable Charcoal Grill||2 lbs||150 square inches||2||Chrome and enamel plated steel|
|Char-Broil 465131014 Charcoal Grill||8.6 pounds||187 square inches||2-3||Steel|
|Large Portable Charcoal Grill||12 lbs||230 square inches||4||Porcelain, Stainless steel, steel|
|Amazon Basics Charcoal Grill||13.22 lbs||240 square inches||2-4||Black enameled and chrome-plated steel|
|Barbecue Charcoal Grill||3.79 lbs||210 square inches||3-5||Stainless steel|
- The best basic charcoal grill now is the one by Cuisinart. This portable grill is 14-inch in size and available in two different colors. It provides you with a cooking surface of 150 square inches with a chrome-plated rack. With this coating, your food will not stick to the grates and will be cleaned effortlessly.
- The grill features a dual venting system to ensure you can manage the temperature effectively. With this feature, you can achieve the taste and aroma of coal in your food. The grill also comes with 3 handy lid locks when you are looking to transport your grill.
- This model is compact and you can take it anywhere because of its light weight. It is a suitable choice for balcony cookouts, tailgating, camping, and a lot more. There are an ash catcher and a firebox, and they both are coated with enamel. Your cooking with this grill will be easy, mess-free, and safe.
- It is a perfect choice if you are looking to grill a small but quick meal. It serves a couple of people pretty well. You won’t be able to host your entire family or a group of friends with it, but it is not designed to achieve that purpose either.
- Judging by the looks, if you want to choose a true basic charcoal grill, there is no better option than Char-Broil Kettle Grill, to consider. The best feature of this grill is, you don’t have to be an expert to use it. It has a very simple design with a minimalistic construction. The grill is portable to be taken anywhere you like. It only weighs 8.6 pounds and you can conveniently place it on your tabletop.
- You can either use lump charcoal or briquettes to cook food on this grill. It provides you with a cooking area of 187 square inches and porcelain-coated grates, to ensure the food doesn’t stick. It can be easily set up and you can conveniently storage it.
- It is extremely durable and long-lasting. The porcelain coated grates are rust resistant to ensure the grill continues to perform for years. It is equally great for camping, tailgating, and any other place where you want to cook BBQ recipes.
- Want to invest your money in a better-looking basic grill? The Raptor Portable Charcoal Grill won’t disappoint you. If you love to enjoy great barbecue recipes on the go, this grill will do wonders. This basic charcoal grill is versatile and a perfect choice for tailgating and camping.
- You can char-grill, smoke, hibachi, broil or do anything you want with your food. It is an efficient fuel burner so you can use it for your extended camping tours and road trips. The lid handle and the stand of this grill ensure you don’t have to deal with any mess when cooking with this grill. If you are planning to take it on the beach or to the mountains, you won’t have coal stains on your hands, clothes, or your skin.
- Another excellent feature of this grill is, it doesn’t take much time to cool down. There are air valves with tight tolerance ensure you get the right temperature quickly. Raptor grills are truly ideal when it comes to cool down quickly. This grill provides you with a cooking surface of 230 square inches and you can serve a small group of your family and friends. Therefore, it is a good choice for RVing too.
- Here’s another great option that you can consider as your portable charcoal grill. This 18-inch grill provides you with a cooking area of 240 square inches. The grates of this grill are coated with chrome, so cleaning up after the BBQ party won’t be an issue at all.
- It is compact, lightweight, and comes with a carrying handle that has a swing-away loop. There’s an integrated venting system that makes sure you don’t have to face any trouble when controlling the internal temperature. Therefore, temperature management is not an issue with this charcoal grill.
- The lid and also the firebox of this grill has a black enamel coating for better durability. It also comes with an ashtray so cooking on charcoal and cleaning after will be trouble-free. Being a compact grill, it is an appropriate choice for outdoors and you can utilize it on your gallery, seashore, or inside a lodge. It is one of the best essential charcoal grills with regards to no-wreck cooking.
- There is nothing too complicated about using this grill because total control of the entire cooking process is in your hands. It allows you to handle the temperature and cook great food.
- The best basic charcoal grill in terms of versatility is SurHome Portable Barbecue Charcoal Grill. It is a great choice for cooking indoors and outdoors, whether it’s your backyard or your patio. Since it is a lightweight grill, you can take it out for a picnic and cook delicious recipes for your friends and family. If you want a basic grill for camping and hiking purposes, it will serve you in that department as well.
- It has a foldable design and is very simple to clean. SurHome has used high-quality and durable steel in the construction of this grill.
- Hence, you can use it both for direct and indirect grilling. It is not limited to cooking meat and veggies. You can also use this grill to cook steaks, fish, burgers, corn, hot dogs, and a lot more for up to five people depending upon their appetite. Its easy foldability makes it a great option for convenient storage. The grill is easy to assemble, can be set up effortlessly and you may cook delicious food in no time.
There are some important points you need to consider before buying any charcoal grill. These grills require experience and patience to work with. Heat management is not that easy so you need to be careful at what you’re doing. And dealing with charcoal is messy work too. But of course, you are doing it all for that classic charred flavor. So here are some points that you need to consider before buying.
- Make sure you go for a charcoal grill that features an ashtray for catching all the ash from the burnt charcoal. It would be better if this ashtray comes with enamel coating because cleaning it would become so much easier then.
- For better control of the internal temperature, you are not going to find a basic grill with an inbuilt thermometer. Therefore, you can invest in a separate thermometer to precisely get the idea of how hot it is on the grates.
- If you are looking to use your grill on road trips or use it on the go, it is better to choose foldable designs because they are conveniently stored and extremely portable.
The best basic charcoal grill you can find on the market is the one by Cuisinart. It is the best one because despite being lightweight, it still provides you with a bigger cooking area. You can conveniently prepare a meal for two and can easily carry it in your backpack if you want to. It comes with a venting system and temperature management becomes easier with this feature.
So which one of these basic charcoal grills are you looking to buy for your next outdoor excursion?
And what will be the best basic charcoal grill in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!