Burger, steaks, kebabs, and so much more! All these remind everyone of summer and a good barbecue party. There is no way summer is complete without at least one BBQ party. You either attend it or host.
For all the grillers out there, we understand this is your time. BBQ is your spotlight where you shine with your trustee steed, that is your grill! We bring you the best BBQ pro charcoal grills to help you make your grilling ventures even more fun. Since these are charcoal, there are consistent developments and new highlights.
Let us take a look at what are these and how they work.
The Top 5 Best BBQ Pro Charcoal Grills in 2021
|Products||Material||Total cooking area||Portability features||Price|
|American Gourmet Offset Smoker||Steel||430 square inches||Two wheels|
|Charcoal Grill with Offset Smoker||Alloy steel||800 square inches||Two wheels|
|24 Inch Charcoal Grill||Alloy steel||598 square inches||Two wheels|
|Charcoal Grill with Side Fire Box||Steel and wood||830 square inches||Two wheels|
|Stainless Charcoal Grill||Stainless steel||686 square inches||Four wheels, two smaller than the other|
- Char-Broil is relatively newer in comparison to its competitors. However, they are high on innovation and work great as a barbecue grill, and smoker. The modern design is big and functional. However, it is not bulky at all. The overall design makes it one of the best BBQ pro charcoal grills. There is a top chimney-like structure which is a damper. This part works great to control the heat of the coals. The lid also has a temperature gauge that allows you to keep an eye on the temperature to ensure you get the best food at the best temperature. To help manage the grill, there is also an additional customized height adjustment. The height of the grates helps determine the distance to manage heat on the food.
- The main chamber has a cooking surface of 290 square inches. The second chamber is in the firebox which is 140 square inches and perfect for smoking. The cooking grates on both sides have a coating of porcelain to make it long-lasting and nonstick.
- This grill stands on four legs. Two of these legs are wheels to help you take it anywhere you like. The other two are regular stands to help you keep it stable when in use. This grill also has a firebox. This box stockpiles the ashes and you can easily take it out and clean it before putting it back.
- The Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill is another ideal BBQ pro charcoal grill. Royal Gourmet is a popular and trustworthy company that produces grills. This grill is an example of their uniqueness and innovation. The material is alloy steel which ensures durability and easy maintenance.
- Even the storage rack on the front and the bottom is of alloy steel as well. They have a mesh design to reduce the accumulation of any liquid on them. This charcoal grill stands on four feet. Two of these have wheels which make it easy for tailgating and camping outdoors.
- There are two cooking chambers on this grill. The main chamber is 438 square inches. It has steel grates with a diameter of 1/4”. These grates have coverage of porcelain to make them corrosion free and nonstick. The other chamber is smaller in size and 179 square inches. Since this is a warming rack, the chrome coating allows better and even distribution of heat. It also lasts longer and does not rust over time.
- To ensure you manage the temperature well on this charcoal grill, there are dampers. They manage airflow to control the fire on the coals. There is a lid with a thermometer to monitor the temperature on this grill as well.
- Royal Gourmet is a trustable brand. Over the years the users became the witness of their quality and customer support. This charcoal grill in the list of the best BBQ pro charcoal grills proves this theory. This is a slightly different style than the others. It has a unique shape with the perfect curves and features. It will find a great place on your deck even when not in use.
- Furthermore, it has four strong cubical legs and two of them have wheels for portability. The other two have a wide base because of the cubical structure. The wide base further helps to ensure stability when the grill is in use. The lid of this grill has a cool handle. Even when the grill is in full force, the handle remains cool for safety against burning.
- You will also find two side tables on this grill for storage. There is an additional storage shelf at the bottom.
- One great feature of this grill is the height feature. The charcoal pan is height adjustable which helps you decide the distance of the food from coals. The grates are steel wires with a porcelain coating that helps them stay nonstick. However, for the warming rack, the grates are of chrome steel that helps maintain the temperature evenly. It also reduces the chances of corrosion. The cooking surface is 393 square inches on the main grates and 205 square inches on the warming rack.
- The Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro is another leading BBQ pro charcoal grill. This grill needs special attention to the specifications. Since it is so aesthetically appealing, we loved it at first sight. So let us talk about the features.
- The build is simple but the additional use of wood makes it perfect for your deck. There are two side shelves of wood. The handles are also wooden to keep from overheating when in use. There are two capsule structures in this grill. One is the main griddle and the other is for smoking and warming. The smaller one comes close to the coals. There are charcoal drawers in this grill. This allows you to easily place the coals and slide them in. You do not have to use dangerous methods to burn your hands or any other hazard. Besides, it has a coating of heavy gauge powder for added structure and durability.
- The main surface is 580 square inches. The smaller one is 250 square inches. The lid on this unit has a chimney to blow out the smoke safely. The fire grates are adjustable in height. The grates have a heavy-duty cast iron material to ensure your food cooks well. The lid has a temperature gauge to manage the heat according to the food.
- The Dyna-Glo DGN486SNC-D Charcoal grill is one of a kind. The unique features make it one of the most desirable BBQ pro charcoal grills. It is aesthetically very attractive and will make an alluring combination with your deck or patio. The body has a silver and black finish which makes it look fabulous. The body is stainless steel which makes it durable and easy to maintain. There are two side storage trays and one storage basket at the bottom. This grill stands on four legs with wheels. However, two of them are bigger than the other two for easy maneuverability. The little wheels have brakes on them so it does not move around when in use.
- There is a height adjustment lever and you just have to turn it to adjust the distance between grates and the coals. The grates have a cast iron material with a porcelain coating. Cast iron works great to evenly spread out the heat. Porcelain enamel coating helps in making the grates nonstick.
- The cooking surface is 686 square inches to accommodate your cooking process. One great feature is to check on your food, you do not have to open the entire lid. The small peaking door upfront allows you to keep an eye on your food without eliminating the smoke.
Do I need new charcoals every time?
No. You can always reuse your charcoals if they are solid. However, try to brush off the excessive ash on them and make them clean to reuse. Make sure to extinguish them entirely to reuse them.
How much charcoal should I use?
The exact number of charcoal is a little tricky. But remember, the more the charcoal the more the fire. For very basic grilling, mostly 15 to 20 charcoals work great. However, if you want something more advanced like steaks, you will need more to burn. The best solution is to figure out the temperature of cooking. Make sure to get the best BBQ pro charcoal grill with a damper and thermometer to maintain and control the temperature.
What do I do after cooking?
Once you finish cooking on your charcoal grill, extinguish it. Close all the lids and the dampers to cut off the oxygen supply and let them die down. Ideally, open it after two days. Remove the ash and clean it thoroughly. Do all necessary maintenance steps before storing it away.
Of all the BBQ charcoal grills, we have a tough time choosing the best for you. Each of them has at least one feature that makes us go gaga over it. Perhaps, this is the gist of charcoal grills. They advance with time and it becomes hard to choose the features which make them more functional. Sometimes advance features backfire too.
As for the winner, we’ve found the Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro best for use. This grill is not only aesthetically appealing but also rich in features. It has a little chimney structure to ensure the safe removal of smoke. The grill has ample storage capacity. There are two chambers and they work great with their amazing grates. One of the best parts is the height adjustment to maintain the temperature.
Overall, this seems the perfect match for you. Do you agree?
And what will be the best BBQ pro charcoal grill in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!