A hearty barbecue is the one true sign of summer. People have been bonding over lavishly smoked meals since the beginning of time. Improved tech and gadgets have now made the experience excitingly convenient.
One example of a handy cooking gadget is the cast-aluminum charcoal grill. It is an upgrade over stainless steel grills in every imaginable way. Aluminum, as a metal, is more durable, lightweight, and resistant to corrosion. Aluminum grills also last longer and give you a higher quality of cooking, every time.
To find the best cast aluminum charcoal grill that will knock you out this summer, have a look at the rundown below.
The Top 5 Best Cast Aluminum Charcoal Grills in 2021
|PK Original Grill & Smoker Combination, Regular, Graphite||Cast aluminum||16 x 35 x 35.5 inches||10 years||Check Price|
|Charcoal Grill and Smoker Combination||Cast aluminum||12 x 54 x 43 inches||10 years||Check Price|
|Charcoal Grill and Smoker||Cast aluminum||15 x 9.4 x 5.5 inches||10 years||Check Price|
|Portable Aluminum Charcoal Grill||Cast aluminum||21.4 x 4.6 x 1.5 inches||10 years||Check Price|
|Space-Saving Charcoal Grill||Aluminum alloy, stainless steel||32 x 24 x 24 inches||N/A||Check Price|
- Looking for an award-winning option? This one was Consumer Digest’s Best Buy in 2017. It also won the Best Value Pitmaster Award every year from 2015 to 2018. In case that wasn’t enough, it was Cook-Off Association’s Official Grill too.
- Now that you have heard the grill’s credentials, let’s talk about its specifications. PK Grills’ PKO-GCAX-X is set in durable cast-aluminum. Made with carefully selected materials, its cooking tray is extra safe for food preparation. The grill gets hot super quick and stays that way for a commendable amount of time.
- Professional grillers love the GCAX. If you barbecue several times a week, this grill will hold up just fine. It cooks food evenly and all the way through. So, whether you are planning to grill hot-dogs or have your steaks well done, the GCAX has you covered.
- Out of the box, the grill only takes five minutes to put together. Its assembly is a breeze. Its ten-year warranty is an added relief. And in case you ever run into a problem, PK Grills offers incredible customer service too.
- The grill is detachable from its stand which makes it extra portable. You can use it as a standing lawn -cooker or take it with you on picnics.
- The GCAX has a legendary repute and has been a trusty BBQ companion for decades. Whether you are a seasoned griller or a complete newbie, this cooker will serve you just fine.
- PK Grills’ PK360 is one of the hottest grills out there. With four vents, the PK360 gets enough air to stay lit for longer than other grills. Its ventilation system also gives you advanced temperature control over your cooking. That means you never have to worry about medium-rare steaks going well-done, ever again. You also get a super accurate thermometer built right into the tray. All these features make the PK360 a chef’s dream.
- Even if you are not an avid griller, you will still love the 360’s durability. Its cast-aluminum body makes it resistant to rust and weathering. PK Grills’ high standards of quality make this grill a long-term investment.
- It has an excellent design for looks as well as function. For example, it has an ash bucket which is easy to clean. Because of its large volume, you empty it fewer times than in other grills. The cooking tray also has a large surface area, so you can get more grilling done at once. No more second-rounds of skewers, get them all in one go!
- Most prominently, the grill comes with two trademark Durabilium shelves on each side. This makes it looks upscale and doubles its working space. You can use these shelves to store plates, hold ingredients, carry a drink, or anything you want.
- This product really deserved its spot on the list of the best cast aluminum charcoal grills.
- PK Grills’ SSB-X is ideal for grillers on the go. If you are always camping, picnicking, or taking long trips, you’ll love this cooker. Weighing around 60 lb, you can easily throw it in the trunk of your car and take it wherever you go.
- The grill folds down for easy transport. This means it takes less storage space in the trunk as well as at home. PK Grills promises that it is ideal for newbies and professionals alike. So, if you want to buy a grill without fretting on requisites, this one is a safe bet.
- The SSB-X uses 2-zone technology to give your food an even cook. It has 4 vents, which is twice as many as normal grills. The added ventilation helps in keeping the fire burning for longer. It also keeps the temperature uniform and under control.
- It comes with a dual-purpose stand that also becomes a trolley to wheel the grill around. You also get a little shelf for extra storage space. The SSB-X comes in many color options too, so you can add a personal flair to every cookout. Since it is one of the best cast aluminum grills on the market, you don’t have to worry about its color chipping off.
- Despite its portability, the grill still has a large cooking tray, so you can whip up more food at the same time.
- With advanced cooking functions, portability, and endurance, the SSB-X is a solid all-rounder.
- PKGO by PK Grills is one of the most portable professional grills on the market. Weighing just 43 lbs, this is PK Grill’s handiest offering yet. This grill packs an advanced 4-vent design. This means it gets scalding hot at every use. It also offers advanced temperature control, making it great even for professional cooks. The grill cooks food evenly and thoroughly, no matter where you set up camp.
- The PKGO comes with a compact stand. It is petite enough to fit in a large suitcase. But it isn’t high enough to use while standing unless you have a table nearby.
- If you’re worried about this grill being too tiny to fit all your food, you can relax. The PKGO impressively packs the same sized cooking tray as larger models. You get a 300 square-inch tray across all the grills mentioned so far. Pair this with the PKGO’s compact design, and you have got a lightweight champion.
- The grill’s cast aluminum design is rust-proof and super durable. It also comes with a ten-year warranty, so you can chuck it in your supplies on rough trips without a second thought.
- With its great features and portable design, the PKGO is an outstanding offering. All its features combined make it the best portable cast-aluminum grill on this list.
- If the grill’s size is all that matters to you, Lumeng’s Space-Saving grill is indeed the one you need. At a baffling 13 lbs, this cooker is as light as they get. You can stow it away while traveling because it is foldable. You can also fold it down to save space at home. It comes with adjustable side-handles, which make it easy to move around.
- Despite its focus on portability, Lumeng’s grill also packs vent-control features. This makes it a safe bet for even heating and gives you a uniform grill all over. The grill has stainless-steel grates which are durable, rust-proof, and low-maintenance.
- Lumeng’s minimalist grill is sleek and attractive. It is easy to clean and maintain. If you live in an apartment with a balcony and would like the option to BBQ sometimes, this grill is perfect for you. Or if you are a casual cook with storage concerns, this is the best charcoal grill for your needs.
Which cast aluminum grill is best for a beginner?
Any grill by PK Grills is a safe play for a newbie. Having said that, the PK Grills SSB-X has an excellent reputation for professionals and beginners alike.
What does a venting system do?
A grill with a venting system gets better air circulation through its charcoal. This keeps the fire burning and regulates safe heat levels.
What’s the difference between cast-aluminum and other grills?
Cast aluminum grills are lighter, more durable, and more resistant to rust.
You’ve explored five of the best cast-aluminum charcoal grills out there. Now it’s time to pick the one grill to rule them all. Based on popularity, function, and reputation, the PK Grills PKO-GCAX-X takes the cake.
This grill’s got fans from as far back as the 1960s, and tons of raving reviews to find on the internet. With half a dozen awards and hundreds of happy users, the GCAX is a BBQ superstar.
Now, if you are just looking for delicious summer fun, any one of the products on this list will do well. But if you want nothing less than the best, the PKO-GCAX-X is the way to go.
Remember to enjoy yourself as you grill up a storm. Happy cooking!
And what will be the best cast aluminum charcoal grill in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!