Welcome to our post about the best electric griddle with removable plates. Electric griddles come with a large cooking surface. With it, you are providing even heat to the food you are cooking. It means that you can forget about those half-brown-half-blonde foods.
In addition to that, you can easily control the temperatures for different items and recipes. You can not only cook pancakes for your small family but can also make many burgers for a crowd. An electric griddle with removable plates becomes more useful if you have trouble cleaning with that electronic stuff.
You can remove the plate after cooking your food, clean it off and then place it back in the griddle. There are different types of the foldable electric griddle with removable plates also available on the market. If this is not convenient, we don’t know what is! In this article we will present you our top 5 choices of the best electric griddles with removable plates, so let’s get on with it!
What are the advantages of the removable plates?
There are various advantages of these electric griddles that come with removable plates. The biggest one is the convenient cleaning. The best electric griddles with removable plates enable you to clean the cooking surface and make it ready for the next round very quickly. You don’t need to make any effort and keep the electrical systems of the griddle safe from getting wet.
Just remove the plate, clean it, place it back and you are good to go. It is the best option for those who don’t want to spend much time in cleaning. Furthermore, this feature comes in very handy when you are traveling or want to cook plenty of food very quickly.
Best electric griddle with removable plate in 2018-2019
|Griddle Name||Weight||Cooking Surface||Dimensions||Power||Price|
|DeLonghi America CGH1020D Grill/Griddle||20 lbs||260 sq in||18.0x14.0x7.5||1800 W|
|Hamilton Beach Electric Smokeless Grill & Griddle||9.3 lbs||180 sq in||12.5x23x6.7 in||1400 W|
|Magicook Electric Reversible Grill Griddle||6.8 lbs||180 sq in||19.7x13.8x2.8 in||1700 W|
|Hamilton Beach Durathon Ceramic Griddle Electric||5.7 lbs||200 sq in||10.7x3.5x26.5 in||N/A|
|Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler||14.8 lbs||200 sq in||13.5x11.5x7.1 in||1500 W|
- The CGH1020D from DeLonghi America is a combination contact griddle that provides you with the open BBQ facility. The stainless steel construction ensures durability, and it comes with removable plates for easy and convenient cleaning.
- It has five different cooking functions including open-full grilling, half-griddle-half grill, Panini press and contact grill, open full griddle. The die-cast removable plates are dishwasher safe, and they have a heating element that DeLonghi has embedded in them. In addition to all that there is a digital LED control panel with two different knobs. These knobs enable you to control temperatures of the two plates separately.
- The dimensions of this griddle are 18-inches x 14-inches x 7.5-inches and weigh around 20 lbs. It is the best electric griddle with removable plates that you will find on the market. Its self-adjusting hinge comes hanging which means that it won’t crush your burgers or sandwiches and even large meat pieces. Though, the griddle will cook your food well.
- The 38546 from Hamilton Beach is on the second spot in our list of the best electric griddle with removable plates. We like this 3-in-1 smokeless griddle due to the variety that it offers. Two grids are reversible, and you can quickly snap them in and out for convenient adjustments.
- There are two different cooking areas that you can use for cooking food, and in the center, there is a grease channel equipped with a drip tray under the plates. This drip tray collects all the fat and provides you with healthy meals. There are three different cooking options that this griddle provides you: a griddle, a grill, and a combo of both.
- The plates are removable and are dishwasher safe too. It is one of the best electric griddle with removable plates available in the market. Its dimensions are 12.5-inches x 23-inches x 6.7-inches and weigh approximately 9.3 lbs.
- Next on our list of the best electric griddles with removable plates is an electric griddle from Magicook. It comes with removable plates that are nonstick. It means that cleaning them is a breeze. The compact size of this griddle makes it one of the best options for indoor and outdoor cooking purposes.
- The griddle also features a temperature control that allows you to alter the heat that you need for cooking different food items. The adjustable thermostat will ensure that you can bring the heat but don’t burn the meat. Another benefit of its compact size is that you can take it with you anywhere you want and use it for any occasion too.
- It has a drip pan for the fat, along with the non-stick cooking surface that you can remove. It means that you are not going to spend hours cleaning after the party. The griddle weighs approximately 7 lbs, and its dimensions are 19.7-inches x 13.8-inches x 2.8-inches.
- Another one from Hamilton Beach, the 38519R griddle is one of the best electric griddles with removable plates because it comes with 200 square inches surface for cooking. If you like colored appliances, then go for this portable griddle with a removable plate.
- It will not only make you cook food easy and quick, but you will also be able to clean it later on very fast. Like the previous model, the 38519R also comes with a reversible design that allows you to use the cord on both sides. You can reverse the cord or clean the griddle plate with ease by removing it.
- The cooking surface is made of ceramic and is nonstick, and it provides a good area for cooking food for your family. The nonstick ceramic coating of this surface is highly durable. It is four times stronger than the conventional coating. The PFOA and PTFE free surface will not peel or crack no matter what temperature you use for cooking. Furthermore, the griddle also comes with a temperature control that you can conveniently adjust. Its dimensions are 10.7-inches x 3.5-inches x 26.5-inches and weigh approximately 6 lbs.
- The GR4N from Cuisinart is among the best electric griddles with removable plates because of the value that it offers. GR-4N comes with conventional temperature control dials, and there are five different functions that you can use including Panini press, contact grill, full griddle, full grill, and a combo of grill and griddle.
- This griddle from Cuisinart has dimensions of 13.5-inch x 11.5-inch x 7.1-inch and weighs around 15 lbs. It has a highly durable housing made of stainless steel and also features a handle (Panini style) attached to the floating cover. The floating of the cover enables the griddle to adjust according to the thickness of your food. Moreover, it also features nonstick plates that are reversible and removable.
- A drip tray is also there to drain the fat away and provide you with healthy food. The removable plates are dishwasher safe as well. There are different indicator lights near the temperature control dials to highlight the heat intensity. Your purchase also includes a gourmet recipe booklet and a tool for scraping.
The winner of this roundup of the best electric griddles with removable plates is the CGH1020D from DeLonghi America. If you are looking for a top quality griddle, then this should be your choice. It is highly durable, and you can use it in five cooking functions. The removable plates are very easy to clean, and you don’t have to spend boring hours of cleaning after partying. It delivers maximum value.
And what will be the best electric griddle with removable plate in 2020? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!