Smoking is one of those gradual cooking processes that takes a lot of patience, but in the end, is truly rewarding. Even if you have so many years of mastering smoking or if you’re still learning the marvels of it then a good smoker is a must companion. Given the right equipment, you could surely master the art of smoking.
A smoker is an apparatus that you’ll use when you are cooking at a low temperature in a controlled, smoky environment. A smoker is usually used for barbecue to produce juicy and tender flavor. Because of the high demand of smokers, a variety of them have already emerged in the market. There are a lot of different types and sizes of smokers that you can choose from. There are smaller units for intimate family gatherings and there are bigger sizes if you’re planning to cater the whole neighborhood.
Modern smoking equipment are use fuels, electricity, propane or natural gas, wood, charcoal, and pellets for function. When smoking, you should tend to its smoking temperature, ensuring that it’s set at around 225 degrees F. And oh, before anything else, prepare wood to create heat and smoke.
The advantages of a hot smoker include the unit to being controlled by a heat thermostat to allow a wide variety of cooking styles. Aside from the heat thermostat, it is easier to load thanks to its chip tray where you put wood chips for smoke flavor.
The Top 5 Electric Hot Smoker in 2021
|Old Smokey Electric Smoker||24 pounds||15.5x15.5x29 in||370 sq. inches|
|Landmann Smoky Mountain Electric Smoker||33 pounds||28.7x18.9x15.3 in||442 sq. inches|
|Masterbuilt 20070910 Electric Digital Smoker||45.9 pounds||20x17x33.5 in||730 sq. inches|
|Southern Country Smokers Electric Water Smoker||23 pounds||27x21.5x37 in||351 sq. inches|
|Char-Broil 19202101 Digital Electric Smoker||58.8 pounds||32.5x18.1x16.5 in||725 sq. inches|
- Smoking is truly an ideal cooking experience because you can actually smoke anything from chicken, pork, to seafood. Most people would rather fry their food because it only takes a few minutes, and food can be served already. If you compare it to smoking, it takes hours to finish.
- But why is smoking still popular? This is because smoked food produces a juicy and tender flavor that doesn’t just come from any other cooking methods. Weighing 24 pounds with dimensions of 15.5 x 15.5 x 29 inches, the smoker won’t take up too much space, being practical to use. This smoker is controlled by a heat thermostat to allow a wide variety of cooking experiences.
- To ensure good flavor for your food, this smoker has a flat top so the juice will drip right back onto the food. These juices ensure that the flavor is rich and full. Another feature of the Old Smokey Electric Smoker is its chip tray where you can put wood chips for smoke flavor.
- Home is where the heart is, and of course, it’s the most comfortable place for you. You don’t have to go to the beach for a barbecue party because you can smoke barbecue right at your backyard with Landmann Smoky Mountain Electric Smoker.
- Weighing 33 pounds with dimensions of 28.7 x 18.9 x 15.3 inches, it features a non-insulated cooking chamber and double-walled door. The unit is user-friendly and gives you the full control due to its removable variable temperature controller.
- It also includes a 3-in-1 combination tray and it can be easily carried around by using the side handles to move conveniently.
- Masterbuilt has been serving many people for so many years. This is because they are always striving to combine quality and innovation when it comes to their cooking products.
- Weighing 45.9 pounds with dimensions of 20 x 17 x 33.5 inches, it includes 4 chrome-coated racks that allow you to cook flexibly because they provide cooking space that measures around 730 sq. inches.
- Working with an 800-watt heating element, it features timer controls and allows you to monitor the temperature digitally. You can set the thermostat temperature control to ensure even cooking from 100 to 275 degrees F. It is convenient in adding wood chips through its side load system.
- It is also easy to clean-up after use due to its removable drip pan and top air damper.
- Aside from the mentioned features, it is customer-centered because it is built-in with a digital control panel with a 0-24-hour digital timer with auto shut-off to ensure evenly smoked food. If you want to save on your electricity bill, this is the perfect smoker for you because it is built in with 100-percent insulation for energy-efficient cooking.
- Smoke slowly with the Southern Country Smokers that guarantees juicy flavor that would truly be savored by everyone. It is convenient to control the smoke because you can minimize it without completely snuffing it. This is possible through shutting all the vents, so only the smoke is permitted to vent around the hood perimeter.
- Weighing 23 pounds with dimensions of 27 x 21.5 x 37 inches, you could create perfect juicy and tender product without exerting too much effort. You could also cook a variety of ingredients with its cooking space that measures 351 square inches. It includes 2 chrome-plated cooking grids with built-in temperature gauge.
- It is easy to set it up because there are no prior instructions to assemble it. It has heat-resistant wooden side and hood handles. It also includes sliding access doors on the body, making it easier for you to add water and wood chips during the cooking process.
- This Char-Broil digital electric black smoker deluxe is the perfect smoker for those who don’t want to tend to a live for many hours. It could be used by anyone because of its intuitive digital display and integrated temperature probe. It only requires a few steps to smoke with the Char-Broil because you’d simply set the desired temperature, keep your food warm, and wait until it is ready to be served.
- Weighing 58.8 pounds with dimensions of 32.5 x 18.1 x 16.5 inches, you could cook with various ingredients because it offers a 725 sq. inches cooking space.
- It features an advanced control panel with easy-read, blue LED display. You could remove the integrated temperature probe and clean it when it is not in use. A high-capacity grease tray located under the smoker easily slides out for grease removal and cleanup.
Insulated and easy to clean-up
The perfect smoker will always be at your arm’s reach. Before choosing one, make sure that you’re going to consider its features such as heat thermostat to allow a wide variety of cooking methods. Another feature to consider is a removable drip pan that will allow convenient cleaning, so that your appliance would last longer.
And what will be the best electric hot smoker in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!