Get the best barbecue book that will suit your preferences when it comes to barbecue grilling. These recipe books have been selected over many others as they provide the most detailed and most beloved recipes that you have to try. Aside from it, these recipe books feature recipes ranging from the most basic to the complicated ones.
Most of the recipes included in each book trace their origins to original family recipes that were mostly developed from interesting stories. Aside from their detailed account, you’ll be reading chronicles of the journey of pitmasters and even learn to replicate their grilling techniques. Even if you cannot fully replicate their techniques, you could surely enhance your own by incorporating their grilling styles. Oftentimes, we just savor barbecue because it’s just so delicious. But sometimes, it is also delightful to learn the story of how it was made and where it’s originated from.
There are times when you are confident enough not to rely on a cookbook and that’s perfectly fine. An experience is a good avenue for growth. You could even create your own recipes inspired by the listed recipe books. You could even cook all the recipes listed in the books, even around five every month if you’d want to. Grilling barbecue is a great hobby that is not only refreshing but also social because you could invite your family and friends to prepare and cook barbecue.
The Top 5 Best Barbecue Books in 2020
|Barbecue Book||Dimensions||Weight||No. of pages||Price|
|A Meat-Smoking Manifesto [A Cookbook]||8.3 x 1 x 10.2 in||2.4 pounds||224 pages|
|The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling||8.2 x 1.3 x 10.1 in||2.6 pounds||400 pages|
|Whole Hog BBQ [A Cookbook]||8.3 x 0.9 x 10.3 in||2.4 pounds||208 pages|
|Pitmaster: Recipes, Techniques, and Barbecue Wisdom||8.4 x 0.9 x 10.3 in||2 pounds||224 pages|
|Southern Living Ultimate Book of BBQ||8.2 x 1.1 x 10.2 in||2.8 pounds||368 pages|
- This cookbook is a manifesto of a heartwarming narrative of Aaron Franklin and his wife Stacy, who started their barbecue business when they opened a small barbecue trailer in Austin, Texas in 2009. With that small step, they have actually become one of the best loved barbecue joints in America. Their barbecue has been praised by critics, and they have always been enriching the taste of their barbecue.
- So, it has been much anticipated when the Franklins wrote their recipe book with the famous coauthor Jordan Mackay. They’ve shared their barbecue recipes that they have been developing for many years now. Reading the book allows you to study their wisdom as each chapter has considered you in many ways from customizing your own smoker, seeking the type of wood to use, creating the right amount of fire, and even locating where to get the quality meat. With each chapter, you could assure that you are not only learning how to cook a mouthwatering barbecue but you’re also reading the journey of three dreamers who have achieved their wildest dreams by combining hard work and passion for barbecue.
- Cooking is both science and art at the same time, so it is essential to understand the grilling process because it is more than just tending the fire and mixing ingredients. When this cookbook has been written, it has covered many aspects of cooking barbecue such as the equipment, methods, and the right commodity. This cookbook has been brought to you by the popular and trusted founder of the barbecue website, AmazingRibs.com.
- You could assure that this cookbook has been thoroughly been researched with the help of a physicist and food expert scientist Prof. Greg Blonder, PhD, of Boston University. It has a hundred recipes that should be tried out by barbecue lovers. Dr. Blonder explained the benefits of dry brining, why you should use digital thermometers, how to calibrate your griller, and everything you should know about pellet smokers.
- Although the recipe book is informative, it also injects some humor sometimes. The recipe book contains hundreds of full-color photos of traditional recipes and original recipes that include making barbecue, smoking salmon, sweet and sour pork, turkey and more.
- This recipe book has been a favorite of many people because it contains one of the most iconic barbecue recipes, the Carolina-style chopped pork. It has been created by the third generation pitmaster of San Jones BBQ. This cookbook provides about 20 family recipes that you could use for intimate family gatherings or for large banquets.
- Aside from featuring the recipe of the slow-cooked Carolina-style pork, it also chronicled the journey of the North Carolina barbecue while at the same time, Sam Jones and Daniel Vaughn are recalling the history of the Skylight Inn which was opened in 1947.
- You will find the recipe book very helpful as it provides detailed cooking instructions for cooking a hog right at your very own backyard. It even describes how to build a burn barrel. With dozens of exclusive family recipes, you would surely find this book delightful. These recipes include burgers, country-style steak, turkey, coleslaw, and different kinds of pudding.
- If you’re looking to enhance your barbecue recipe then you’d love to get this recipe book because it is a detailed guide how to become a barbecue pitmaster. This recipe book has been developed by chefs Andy Husbands and Chris Hart.
- Cooking barbecue is an art and not just a backyard staple food during cookout sessions. Barbecuing is a style that you could enhance on your own with the help of the perfect recipe book. The recipe book is considering any level of cooking even if you’re just new or if you’ve already mastered the art of grilling. With this cookbook, you can start preparing the basics then moving on to the more complicated ones.
- Becoming a pitmaster won’t happen overnight because it is a long process. The journey into becoming a pitmaster include joining regional traditions, barbecue contests, roasting hogs, and even mastering the art of barbecuing during family gatherings.
- This recipe book is a collection of different recipes in cooking barbecue that will help you become an expert in preparing it. With this recipe book, you’ll be able to learn how to use your grill in the right way. This book also includes basic and more advanced recipes of preparing barbecue. A great part of this recipe book is that it features a guest pitmaster in every chapter who shares their exclusive recipes.
- This recipe book is based on the expertise of Southern Living magazine. It is the ultimate guide for barbecue and outdoor grilling. The recipe book has more than 200 barbecue recipes that detail different techniques in grilling and in smoking.
- The recipe book features step-by-step instructions with photos of mouthwatering recipes that you could use when preparing great backyard barbecue parties. It also includes cooking techniques and equipment that have been picked by award-winning pitmasters. With contribution of pitmasters and detailed recipes, you could totally rely on this recipe book in your barbecue journey.
A trusted companion
These recipe books will surely become a reliable companion to whom you could turn when you’ll need answers to your questions. These questions can include what type of equipment you should use, the type of tools you should use for your barbecue fests, the ingredients you should buy, and all the techniques that you could learn from.
And what will be the best barbecue book in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!