Charcoal is one of the most accessible sources for fuel and very important for cooking barbecue. Choose the best charcoal grill cookbook from these authors who have thoroughly researched, combined passion, and gathered various recipes from many places to learn the possibilities of charcoal cooking.
The Top 5 Best Charcoal Grill Cookbooks in 2020
|Grill Cookbook||Dimensions||Weight||No. of pages||Price|
|Weber's Charcoal Grilling Cookbook||8.5 x 0.9 x 11 inches||2.6 pounds||256 pages|
|New Ways to Cook with Fire: A Cookbook||7.7 x 0.9 x 9.4 inches||2 pounds||256 pages|
|The Secrets to Great Charcoal Grilling||8 x 0.5 x 9.1 inches||1.4 pounds||192 pages|
|Master of the Grill: Foolproof Recipes||8.5 x 1 x 10 inches||3 pounds||454 pages|
|The Backyard Fire Cookbook||9.4 x 0.9 x 9.4 inches||1.9 pounds||208 pages|
- Charcoal fire can make or break your grilled food. There is no substitute for a good food that has been done over charcoal fire. It produces that familiar aroma that only grilled food could make. It also creates satisfaction to hear it crackling over the embers.
- In this regard, you’ll be delighted with this recipe book that covers various topics ranging from grilling styles to authentic barbecue recipes from around the world. The recipes that can be found in Weber’s Charcoal Grilling cookbook feels like the old homemade meals as it has been designed accordingly.
- Go creative with a hundred of these tested recipes that range from roasting vegetables, smoking fish, and much more. It is also colorful with full-colored photographs that fill up the pages of the recipes. With these vibrant colors, the pictures illustrate the cooking process and the results that will inspire you even more.
- Cooking is a process of constant re-invention while still minding the standards. This is what chef Josiah Citrin and Joann Cianciulli wanted to manifest in their new cookbook, Charcoal: New Ways to Cook with Fire: A Cookbook. Trust this cookbook as Citrin owns his own restaurant, Mélisse. The author has been one of the biggest names in L.A.
- Growing as a chef, he has also opened another restaurant, Charcoal Venice. This restaurant is fully committed to cooking with charcoal. He started cooking this way for his friends and family as backyard cooking sessions are a pleasure for him.
- Joann Cianciulli is one of the food industry’s top insiders. She has written a dozen cookbooks. She is also a culinary producer, producing famous television shows like Master Chef or Top Chef.
- There are many ways to cook with charcoal that isn’t only possible with cooking outdoors but also possible by bringing it indoors with new creative strategies for smoking and searing. The cookbook concentrates on charcoal. And if you’re a vegetable lover then rejoice! It also provides an abundance of vegetable recipes as part of its one hundred recipes because the author/chef believes that vegetables inspired cooking.
- Satisfy human craving with these good recipes that you can cook over fire.
- From the success of his first two cookbooks, Bill Gillespie is back with his third. Gillespie’s cookbooks have some magic that makes you an expert of the Weber kettle grill in the simplest manner.
- Gillespie’s recipe books are a memento of his father who spent grilling with him when he was a child. In this regard, expect that he has combined his memories, emotions, and expertise in this book. You will learn alongside with him as he explores the possibilities of cooking with barbecue.
- Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, you’ll be able to meet halfway with him because he will start from the beginning to the more advanced recipes. He doesn’t only teach you how to cook, he’ll also teach you how to start with the coals and how to achieve the exact flavor.
- Gillespie believes that you can be a master with enough practice and guidance right from his cookbook.
- Bring in all the ingredients ranging from poultry, vegetables, and even pizza because Master of the Grill recipes could provide you with the right recipe for each one. These recipes aren’t complicated, so you can make them right away without so much fuss.
- You can start with burgers then move on to steaks and pork ribs once you’ve mastered the basics. Suggested in the book, you should prepare grilled potatoes that will surely be a great side dish alongside the main course.
- The cookbook also presents the classic specialties that include preparing Alabama BBQ Chicken or Kansas City Sticky Ribs. The recipes include step-by-step photographs that make them much more appealing for visual learners when guiding you through the process. There is also a grilling section where the book covers the advantages and disadvantages of cooking with charcoal grills.
- Gather everyone around the fire with the Backyard Fire Cookbook. True to its name, the author Linda Ly gathered recipes that would teach you how to master cooking with flames.
- The cookbook pushes you beyond your comfort zone. First, it advises you to build a home fire pit, or use vessel fire pits, or tabletop grills. An advice from the book states that cooking with kettle grill will provide more flavor than cooking with gas.
- Aside from the recipes, the author also discussed fuel sources such as hardwood and smoking wood, accessories, tools, and etc. that gets you to know more about the author. She also discussed safety for cooking such as the cautions when cooking with fire.
Cookbooks closer to heart
There’s no denying this set of cookbooks have been written that combined the author’s passion, creativity, emotions, memories, and strategies. Reading them would provide us more insight, not just with cooking but also with the art of barbecuing.
And what will be the best charcoal grill cookbook in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!