No family time is complete without outdoor barbeques. With the passage of time people have realized it and for this reason, the demand for grills and griddles is on the rise. There are different brands that have introduced a variety of products for the people who love to have fun while cooking food in the outdoors and sharing beautiful memories with their loved ones.
A couple of these brands are Traeger and Weber. Both these brands have an array of grills and griddles for you at their disposal. Therefore, we have developed this comparison of Traeger vs. Weber gas grills for your convenience. Given that they have numerous products in their catalog, finding the right one can be an irksome task.
This guide will provide you with some assistance on two of their best products. It will also compare all the positives and negatives associated with those products. So let’s start with a brief industry history of both these prestigious brands.
Traeger is the brand that specializes in grills and smokers that are powered by wood pellets. Pellet grills made their mark during the oil crisis of 1973. During that time home, heating affordability was a major preference for a great number of people and it spearheaded the push towards alternative methods of heating sources.
During that time Joe Traeger and Jerry Whitfield were working on stoves with pellet burning. These stoves run on electricity but looked like the traditional stoves. Traeger developed the first pellet grill in 1985 and patented it in the following year. And with the introduction of these smokers, convection cooking gained tremendous popularity.
Weber is one of the oldest brands when it comes to outdoor cooking and grilling. Like a true pioneer, Weber has introduced the world with its top quality grills and griddles that run on gas, electricity, and charcoal.
Back in 1893 George Stephen used his experience in metal works and altered the design of buoys to create BBQ kettle. The kettle entered the market and was an instant hit. It was this time when other brands also realized the importance of this product and started working on different ideas that we see today on the market.
If you are looking for convenience and versatility in outdoor cooking then Traeger should be your choice. These units combine the features of kitchen ovens, charcoal smokers, and gas grills. The units feature control panels that enable the users to grill and even bake a variety of foods.
The units are capable of automatically feeding fire with the wood pellets and regulate airflow. It is a crucial feature to maintain the temperatures for a variety of cooking purposes. Wood pellets are capsules that have small eraser size and they comprise of compressed sawdust. These grills come with a hopper that is present on one side of the grill and it serves to be the firebox as well.
A three-position switch is also there just like in a pellet stove. Feeding the wood pellets is very easy and for this reason maintaining the temperatures are extremely convenient with Traeger grills. The food remains free from all the grease due to deflector plates and flare-ups don’t occur either.
On the other hand, if you want durability and if you are a huge fan of grilling then Weber should be your choice. Weber products focus entirely on grilling and smoking. With these grills, you can smoke or grill different foods. However, you don’t get to bake anything in these units. This option is only available in Traeger units.
The brand has a huge variety of products that use different types of heating sources including charcoal, gas, and electricity. Weber is all about barbeque cooking with simplicity yet sophistication. Your food will get an even amount of heat from all corners and will retain its flavors for a long period of time.
Which product is recommended for whom?
The Traeger product that we recommend
Traeger TFB65LZBC Lil Tex Elite 34 Pellet Grill
If you don’t want to use charcoal or gas while cooking or grilling food then the TFB65LZBC from Traeger is the right product for you. Using wood for cooking is an age-old trick that provides you with excellent tasting food.
With this wood pellet unit, you will be able to enjoy a top-notch wood cooked taste that you have always craved for. This unit enables you to bake, roast, cook, smoke, grill BBQ and braise food to the juiciest perfection. There is a digital controller that enables you to control temperatures with a very convenient dial.
The consistency in the taste of your food will always be predictable every time you cook. This Traeger grill enables you to set it and then forget it. The size of the unit is ideal to cook at home with a 646 square inch of cooking surface. This cooking surface can easily house 9 ribs racks, 6 chickens and a couple dozen burgers.
- This wood pellet unit comes with a cooking surface of 646 square inches. This means that you have an ample amount of space to cook for a medium to a large-sized gathering of people.
- It is an ideal option for the people who don’t want to use charcoal or gas for barbequing. You will be able to use wood for cooking and grilling that provides an exceptional taste to your food.
- With this pellet grill you can roast, bake, braise, BBQ, smoke and grill your food. These many cooking options are not available in all outdoor cooking units.
- With the help of the control units, you will be able to gauge the temperatures according to your needs. The dial enables you to manage it with ease to cook food to perfection.
- You can also use different kinds of wood pellets and provide your food with an awesome taste.
- There is an auto-switch to start the ignition at your will with ease.
- It is not the best option for small scale or occasional cooking. This means that if you are a casual griller who just wants to grill foods for 3 or 4 people fortnightly.
- It is not the best option for you if you don’t like wood-fired flavor in your food.
The Most Important Traeger Pellet Grill Accessories
The Weber product that we recommend
Weber 62030001 Genesis II E-410 Liquid Propane Grill
Weber is the brand that doesn’t need any introduction. It is a well-renowned brand that has a huge variety of gas, electricity and charcoal grills. The E-410 Genesis II gas grill is a top quality product if you are looking for a gas powered unit to cook foods in the outdoor.
It features the GS4 grilling mechanism with four heavy-duty burners of stainless steel. The unit also comes with Weber’s signature Flavorizer bars with porcelain enameled coating. E-410’s grease management is highly effective as it limits any risks associated with those harmful flare-ups.
It also reduces the grease in your food and keeps it healthy for consumption. The unit comes with a cooking surface of 646 square inches. In addition to that, there is a small tuck-away rack for warming your food that measures to be 198 square inches. This warming rack is present right above the cooking surface.
The unit comes with the Infinity Ignition which means that each burner will start without any issue and just with a single turn of a dial. On each side of this grilling unit, you will also have access to workspaces for preparation. Above all, this unit comes with a generous warranty of 10 years as well.
- The E-410 has a cooking surface of 646 square inches.
- There is a 198 square inch of warming rack right on top of the cooking surface.
- On each side of the grill, there is a workspace to prep food.
- The GS4 grilling mechanism of this unit along with Infinity Ignition keeps the performance at a high level. For this reason, igniting is not an issue with this grilling unit.
- The grill is equipped with a highly effective grease management mechanism. It prevents flare-ups and also keeps your food free of unwanted fat.
- It is not the best option for you if you prefer wood-fired foods.
The Most Important Weber Genesis Grill Accessories
It entirely depends upon the flavors you like and the foods that you want to cook with your outdoor cooking unit. If you prefer wood-fired recipes then Traeger grill is the best option for you. On the other hand, if you like using gas or charcoal powered grills then Weber is the best option for you.
The wood pellet unit does provide you with additional options of baking, roasting or braising your food. With a grill unit, you can only BBQ, grill or smoke your food well.