Every machine will need to be tended to if you want it to last for a long time. Cleaning the weber spirit grill will require from you the right tools if you want to do it properly.
Maintenance, aside from taking time, will also need proper procedure. In this article, we will learn how to clean a Weber Spirit gas grill. With the right maintenance, the Weber Spirit gas grill guarantees to be more efficient and more durable.
Using the Weber Grill Brush
Although you were in love with the pork steak you had last night, it doesn’t mean that it had the right to taint the cooking grate the following morning. To avoid tainted pork steak taint, it is necessary to clean the cooking grate.
When the cooking grate isn’t cleaned properly, what is left from the previous cooking process would affect the flavor of today’s seasoned food.
The best way to clean the cooking grate is to use the Weber grill brush before performing another cooking process.
Because brushes are known to collect grease, debris, and other contaminants, it is necessary to replace the grill brush frequently. Replacing it is essential to keep your food safe and your grill properly maintained.
Keeping your food clean and safe is a top priority in cooking. Brushes tend to lose bristles over time especially if it is regularly used. These bristles could remain with the cooked food. This, in turn, would expose the one eating food into dangers.
If you’re planning to buy a weber grill brush, we’re here to go give you some advice, so that you’ll be able to choose the right brush for you.
First advice is to deliberately select a good quality brush. One of the criteria of choosing a good quality brush is its bristles. Choose a brush that has stainless steel bristles that are strongly anchored in the grill head, so they wouldn’t usually fall off and penetrate through your food.
Second is to choose a brush with a long handle. A long handle will keep your hands, arms, and clothing away from the dangers of cooking with open flame. Clothing is a fire hazard that one should always keep in mind.
Weber cast iron grate seasoning
When seasoning an iron grate, you have to follow safety instructions provided by the manufacturer. One of these safety instructions is to use mitts to protect your hands while you’re brushing a hot cooking grate.
Your goal is a rust-resistant, non-stick surface. Seasoning means a procedure using oil to coat seal the pores in cast iron cookware.
- First is to rinse the grates. This is must be done to remove the dust and other residue. Afterwards, you may dry it with a towel.
- Second is to heat the grates for a few minutes, around 15. The suggested temperature ranges from 150-200-degree Fahrenheit.
- Third is to rub a thin coat of flaxseed oil (except olive oil) on the grill grates. Spread the oil all throughout the sides of the grate. Use a spray that doesn’t contain lecithin, so that sticky buildup will be prevented.
- Fourth is to put the grates back in the oven. Set to the highest baking temperature that your oven would allow when you’ve placed the grate back inside. Turn the oven off after a while. Allow two hours for the grates to cool down. Repeat the process for five more times to seal the cast iron.
How to remove weber grill burner tubes
Removing the weber grill burner tubes is a step-by-step process but with this guide, it will be easier.
- Know your model number in ordering the right burners.
- Turn off the valve on the propane tank before separating the cylinder. The cylinder is removed from the tank including the cooking grates.
- Take out the screws that are holding the control panel in place.
- Take a pair of pliers and use it in loosening the nut underneath the burners.
- Separate the burner along with its tube by pulling it up.
- You many now insert your newly purchased burners at the same place while deliberately ensuring that the burner tubes will fit inside the venture tubes that are located behind the control panel.
- To keep the burners in place, attach the locking nut that you’ve just loosened under the grill.
- Place the control panel, the cooking grate, the flavorizer bars, and the propane tank back in their proper places from where you’ve taken them before.
- Place the propane gas regulator to the valve back and turn it on.
How to clean a weber grill lid?
It is necessary to clean the weber grill lid. All you have to do is to use a bristle brush and a putty knife.
Debris will accumulate around the weber grill lid. You will need to scrape it off by using a putty knife in scraping flakes and grease.
How to clean the exterior of your Weber Grill Cleaner
It takes a little bit of exercise when you’re cleaning the Weber Grill, but it will be worth it in the end. You’ll simply need to create a cleaning solution by mixing water and soap in a bottle and squirt it on the grill.
This simple cleaning solution is guaranteed to be a safe solution for cleaning gas grills. After mixing the medley, wipe the exterior of the grill with a rag that has been dipped into the solution. Afterwards, soak another rag into clean water and then wipe the soap residue away.
Keep the grill dry after removing the soap residue.
How to clean a gas grill with vinegar?
Vinegar is one of the most versatile ingredients from the kitchen used for seasoning, for medicinal purposes, and even for removing stains from a shirt. It even works as a detergent!
Yes, you can use white vinegar to remove grease from your grill. All you have to do is mix vinegar with water. After mixing it, dip a rag into the mix and apply it all over the surfaces that accumulated grease.
If you’d like to perform an overall grease-removing procedure, you may mix 2 cups of vinegar and 1 cup of baking soda in a garbage bag. Seal the grates in the bag with a band. Afterwards, soak it overnight. Remove the grates and wash it with water. Scrub any remaining grease if you find any. Dry the grill with a rag afterwards.
Cleaning is a commitment
With this guideline, you may now start cleaning your grill. Even if you may find it tedious at times, it is a commitment to maintain the good state of your grill if you want it to perform accordingly.
Purchase the proper tools and choose the best accessories that have been listed here, so that your cleaning would also be smoothly done. Enjoy cleaning!