Cooking on an electric flat top grill at home is a lot of fun, but there are so many choices for the home, especially if you have adequate counter space. The best foods for cooking on a grill in your own kitchen are always going to be foods that usually take a longer time. After all, aside from the taste, grilling has always been a way to cook your food more quickly than baking or steaming.
Grilling on a grill in your home will help you feed a large family and also continue to be creative with your meals even when you’re pressed for time. There are a lot of grills out there that qualify as flattop grills, so we’ve found 8 top options for you to choose from. These are great for any apartment, condo or home.
The Top 8 Electric Grills for the Home in 2019-2020:
- This electric grill is also sold as a commercial grill because it’s a trusty countertop appliance. Perfect for smokeless grilling, it does take a bit of counter space. At the same time, it gives you grilling space. It’s not light enough to be portable, but at least it’s not built in. You can unplug it and clean it as needed. It can get quite hot so don’t have anything with plastic wrappers near it when you heat it up. The cooking plate material is cast iron, which makes it a bit more difficult to clean. However, you don’t have to worry about what happens if it deteriorates. Put it in a safe space on your counter near ventilation, and don’t move it; it’s 49 pounds and will do better if you make it a permanent fixture. You can cook burgers, fry potatoes; make eggs, ham and whatever you like on the grill top. It’s still small enough to be a cook addition to most kitchens, as long as you have counter space.
- This indoor electric grill was created for versatile use. This multi-grill can also be used to make grilled sandwiches such as Panini’s, and it has a Hibachi style grill that you can use to create many creative combinations while you’re trying it out. The flat surface is perfect for grilling up eggs, bacon, or even steak, if you prefer it not grilled at all. The grilled clamshell section of the grill can press sandwiches, grill burgers, steaks, or fish. It all has to do with your preferences. The temperature settings are accurate but it’s up to you to do your homework and know what foods will be best cooked at what temperatures. All of the plates clean up easily due to the nonstick surfaces they are not removable. It’s recommend you use a small amount of oil before cooking, and be prepared to always clean the grill once it has cooled down. (Make sure it has been unplugged for about 10 minutes to be on the safe side.) Because this grill/griddle is shaped oddly, it’s not as easy to transport as I’d like. Choose another model if you plan on traveling with your grill. In fact, the next grill might be just the thing you need if you want a smaller grill you can take on the road with you.
- This flat top electric grill is truly flat in a way that involves accuracy. How else can you use it to make the perfect crepe, as well? This is a unique usage for the grill when it’s not being used for hamburgers, but it’s an impressive feature if you’re planning on using it for date night or brunch on the weekend. The 12 inch cooking diameter helps cook traditional crepes, but this grill is fantastic for cooking an entire breakfast platter of bacon, ham, eggs etc. You can also use it for other meals, but make yourself a promise to at least try the crepe recipe that comes with this grill at least once. Otherwise, this flat top grill only weighs about 3 ½ pounds, and is also a great tool for cooking your burgers or fish on a day you’re feeling like you want to eat a more basic meal.
- Raclette, a traditional Swiss cheese, is commonly used for melting and dipping your food. That’s what these flat top indoor grills are used for – with the bottom layer melting cheese, and the top layer filled with whatever you want. You’ll see Swiss folks using the top to heat up veggies, fruit, bread and even small slabs of meat. But you don’t have to use it that way. You can boil meats in the bottom if you like, or you can grill them on the top. It’s up to you. This particular grill will only appeal to those who want to use their grilling skills to make the ultimate snacks or party platters – you know who you are.
- This great little 3-in-1 can accomplish some cooking tasks that will make you proud. It has two reversible grids, one side for the “griddle” and one side for the “grill” – complete with the BBQ marks that we all know and love. It has ample space for indoor grilling – 180 square inches, in fact, and it can cook up to 8 servings at a time with no problem. You can grill and griddle at the same with the removable plates. There’s a grease catcher that comes with this griddle, but it isn’t as efficient as some of the other models. Due to this, it’s recommended that you avoid using your cooking spray if at all possible, instead concentrating on getting the most use out of your nonstick plates. Wash them by hand instead of in the dishwasher so that they last longer. This model is lightweight and easy to transport.
- Don’t let the photo fool you; while this stainless steel grill is handsome, it’s not too big to take with you on the road or vacation. It’s got 11.0” x 5.9” grilling space, enough to make a meal for 2-4 people depending on the meal size, and it heats to warm relatively quickly. While this grill is sturdy and will last a long time, there are a few design flaws. For one thing, while there is a grease plate, it doesn’t catch a lot of the splatter. Put a rubber sink matt underneath it (not a towel) and it should be okay. It’s much better than waiting to clean it up after you have finished cooking.
- This electric grill is a favorite of many indoor grilling fans and tailgaters alike. Meant to emulate an old school flat top outdoor grill, this grill can cook up to 15 servings of burgers or fish at a time (I hope that you’re eating fish every once in a while) and up to about 20 hot dogs for your next party. So there are many things to love with this grill, because George Foreman has really gotten the flat top grill right. You can seal the food in with a lid as you cook, helping keep the temperature steady as well as making it steam a bit to make your food juicier. This grill really has a charcoal grill feel to it. You can even buy a stand to go with it and make it feel even more like a charcoal grill. This is very important if you’re an apartment dweller. This grill is marketed as portable, however, it weighs about 19 pounds, and so it is not portable for everyone.
- This is another electric flat grill/griddle that’s perfectly made for families and fits right on your countertop. You can also tuck it away in the cabinet when you’re not using it. It’s fairly portable and it really takes up a minimal amount of space when not in use. This grill has a fairly basic temperature control, so if you’re cooking something outside of the different categories, you’re going to have to be clever about it. Otherwise, check the instruction manual to learn how cooks your fish or breakfast platters.
Summing it Up:
There is actually a great variety of flat top grills available for your kitchen, and most of them are portable, not built-in. If you’re interested in a flat top grill and you’re not sure which model suits you most, you may want to buy one of each and test them. If one doesn’t work out, give it to a loved one. Finding the perfect indoor grill for your own needs is worth the sacrifice. After all, a good electric grill can last you years and years if you care for it properly.
And what will be the best electric flat top grill for home in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!