Grilling is such a rewarding way to cook, and electric grills only make things more convenient. There are a lot of choices on the market, but many people prefer the grill that can also function as a griddle. Especially when it comes to things like steak and burgers, the grill griddles offer a lot of flexibility.
Here is a list of recommended choices – the best electric grill/griddle list of 2018:
- This is such a reliable electric griddle/grill; it’s easy to use a few times a week for a main course. It heats quickly and efficiently, and you can use it as a grill, sandwich press, or griddle. All parts come out easily for quickly cleaning with simple soap and water. You should be careful with the oil if you’re cooking on this model; if there’s too much liquid, then grease or liquids may have trouble draining properly if it goes through the drain hole. Don’t overload your griddle with fatty food – you should leave a few inches between burgers and steaks anyway.
- This is a great way for a large family to cook a complete meal; breakfast is particularly satisfying on this griddle. You’ll have space to make eggs, pancakes, and potatoes on the griddle part. The griddle gives you a lot of space, about 18 1/2″ x 15″ are to cook. This electric griddle is also very evenly heated and helps keep a consistent temperature no matter which areas you are using. The nonstick surface really works, so don’t overload this with any sprays or butters; you simply don’t need to. Just wash gently with water on a paper towel and allow to air dry.
- 2-in-1: Double-sided removable, reversible plate to use as a GRILL or GRIDDLE powered with 1500 watts for fast and even cooking. Non-stick coating ensure even coating while releasing food with ease. BPA free for healthy cooking, with an expansive cooking surface that makes up to 10 eggs or burger patties. It has drain holes and a slide out drip tray that can easily be emptied and cleaned after each use (although you may want to put a few paper towels under it – this model can be kind of messy.)
- The Secura electric grill is a truly versatile countertop electric grill griddle combo. It’s got up to 180 square inches of cooking surface, which means you can cook up items such as potatoes, eggs and bacon all at the same time. Even better, it’s got a removable glass lid that can help provide splatter protection and heat retention – so if you’re making pancakes, for example, you can keep them warm while the rest of your meal is cooking. It cooks evenly, and with the ceramic plates, clean up is just was easy as a Teflon grill.
- This electric grill is BPA free and free of other PFOAs and PTFEs, which the health-conscious griller will love. With ceramic plates, you get griddles that can stand up to a lot more wear and tear without losing the coating, which means this electric grill will last for a long time. It can heat up to 450 degrees – perfect for a hamburger – incredibly quickly, which most models just aren’t set to do. It also heats evenly, which is exactly what you need when cooking multiple portions.
- This impressive and versatile electric grill acts as a contact grill, a griddle, Panini press, full grill, full griddle and half grill/half griddle – it can do almost anything you want it to do, and it comes in handsome kitchen counter style, too! If you’re a huge breakfast fan, you can also buy add-on pancake and waffle plates that can make up to 4 servings a plate. The removable nonstick cooking plates drain grease for healthy cooking, and catches then in a drip tray that cleans up easily later on.
Cooking Burgers on an Electric Grill
Grills have always been a favorite of the restaurant industry, and the advent of the electric grill truly revolutionized the modern diner. Today, you can walk into any diner-style restaurant and watch chefs hunched over large electric griddles, flipping pancakes, hamburgers and all of your favorite fixings.
A griddle can provide a consistent temperature, and a grill can do the same, but sear up some of your favorite meat selections, such as steak and bacon, on a grill that’s built to reach higher temperatures.
For most modern households, that electric grills works as a large, hot plate that can cook several courses of a meal in just one place, saving you a lot of time if you’re cooking for a large group. The only downside to griddle meals is sometime the perfect temperature for your pancake just isn’t the right temperature for your potatoes. Something will often be a bit too cold, while another item is cooked just right.
Grilling has similar problems, but electric grilling is always a healthy way to cook meat, that doesn’t hurt flavors when you’re cooking meat and vegetables. Electric grills work great for a lot of meals because you can control the temperature. When you find out how to grill just right, you can help the meat can retain moisture and air.
Grill or Griddle? Your Choice.
Griddles are easy to use to cook a family meal all in one place, but there are times you probably will simply want to use the electric grill feature. One of these times will be when you’re cooking up ham or turkey burgers. Burgers remain juicier when they’re being grilled, and they also are less fattening, especially when you’re using an electric grill for your meal. Electric grills also add a “grill mark” which can trick your brain into thinking it’s more authentic that the griddle would make it.
Here are a few things that people love to cook on griddles:
- Veggie burgers (home made)
- Thinly sliced potatoes
- Hash browns
- Ham slices
- Grilled cheese sandwiches
It’s important to remember that a griddle will yield you a completely flat surface for whatever you’re cooking. Some people even make their cookies on a griddle, but that’s a subject for another day.
Here are a few things that people love to cook on electric grills:
- Hot dogs
As you can see, there are reasons to love both products, and when you have a 2-in-one or more, you can have a lot of fun experimenting with which model you prize the most, and which foods you think come out the best. Enjoy yourself, and you’ll learn to cook on either platform like a pro.
And what will be the best electric grill with griddle in 2019? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!