Indoors electric grills are one of the most popular grilling items on the market today, especially with so many of us living in apartments or condos. Multifamily dwellings forbid gas or charcoal grills, and pretty much anything that emits smoke can be a challenge in terms of rules and regulations. Always know the rules for the place you live, including county and city. Fire regulations can be very strict and you don’t want to get issues citations, or worse, put anyone in danger due to your own behavior.
If your community prohibits charcoal or gas grilling, don’t push their limits. Instead, use your energy for better things, such as finding the perfect electric grill for your individual living situation. Ok, lecture over. Now it’s time to find the grill that you fall in love with. Just remember to keep in mind a few things before you get started looking for that perfect grill.
Before you buy an electric grill for your apartment
Finding the best smokeless electric grill for apartment living doesn’t have to be a challenge. After all, there are a lot of great grills already on the market and a lot of reviews out there to help you make up your mind.
Keep in mind a few things before you buy:
- How often do you plan on using your grill? If it’s meant for frequent use, choose a model that’s built for that purpose – don’t go for something fancy when you need something practical.
- Remember whom you will be cooking for. A group of 10 guys from work? You and your fiancé? Or your husband and kiddos? Make sure there’s enough space on the grill for all of those servings.
- What will you be grilling? Sure, the answer is usually “meat” but maybe you want to cook some veggies or pears? Make sure your grill is as versatile as your menu.
- How much space do you need for storage? A lot of people need to keep their grill on their countertop, but is that really the best option?
The Top 7 Best electric grill for apartments in 2019
- A model that can heat up and sear your food at nearly 500 degrees, this grill is a great choice for condo and apartment owners. It can take up a permanent space on your countertop and help you cook every dinner to perfection with its accurate and precise temperature gauges. This grill is meant to feed 4-5 servings and last for years.
- This electric grill is built for parties, both indoors and outdoors. This grill comes with a stand but is equally useful on countertops or tabletops. You can cook about 15 burgers or over 20 hot dogs on this grill’s surface with no problems at all. And it comes with a lid if you want to keep things warm and let them simmer.
- The Excelvan electric grill is a relatively new model of grill that is pretty popular. It takes about 15 minutes to heat up but once that has been handled it’s ready to go. You get a wide 10 by 15 inches of cooking area with this model and like the others; it has a drip tray to catch the grease. The removable grill plates are easy to clean with soap and water. Make sure that once your food is done, you let it cool and sit before you clean anything.
- This indoor charcoal electric grill is a dream for folks who just can’t go without their charcoal BBQ flavor. The double grill pan system helps keep the mess to the minimum and once you’re done grilling, it’s easy to wipe clean. You can use it indoors or outdoors, but run the fan if you choose the indoor option. It comes with a carrying case for road trips or picnics.
- This electric grill is meant to be versatile, and you get a lot of choice depending on what you’re in the mood for. Ready for sandwiches? That’s great; the contact grill will adjust widths to make sure it cooks through. If you want to cook multiple you can do that with the fold-open griddle plate and cook up a mighty find breakfast. The sleek design makes it perfect for your kitchen countertop. You can cook both this and thick cuts meat completely and thoroughly.
- This is a classic electric grill for singles living in apartments, where you may want to cook yourself a balanced meal or simply cook up two hamburgers for yourself and a friend. This is a simple grill for a person that doesn’t have too many needs aside from a delicious cut of meat, fish or poultry. Concentrate on cooking small portions and you can graduate to a larger grill in a later life stage.
- This is a smokeless electric grill that still manages to contain charcoal, which is a true novelty for those people who have difficulty enjoying their BBQ without the authentic taste of smoke. This is one of the best electric grill choices for condo owners and apartment dwellers. You can cook about 15 servings and have it truly taste and feel like meat from a traditional grill. You can also use this grill for skewered food such as kebabs. This grill can be used in many creative ways for those who are ready to experiment.
Know Your Condo Association/Apartment Grilling Rules
Electric grilling an ideal choice for apartment and condo dwellers because rules can be pretty strict when it comes to grilling. Most of these multifamily homes forbid open flames on balconies, especially in wooded areas or areas where there is a chance of wind. Even if you believe it’s okay to own and use a smokeless electric grill, make sure that it is truly “smokeless” and that you are able to provide ventilation. Even smokeless BBQ can cause a small bit of smoke due to grease splatter and other things beyond your control.
Electric Grill Benefits
Aside from simply being ideal for apartment living, there are a lot of other advantages to indoor grilling. You may not be familiar with electric grills or think they are inferior to gas or charcoal grilling. That’s simply not the case – sometimes they can be different from a grill with smoke, but that’s not to say they are inferior. Electric grills can offer a fantastic main dish and many are even made to simulate the taste and texture of a charcoal grill.
Another benefit that is simple is that electric grills are much healthier than most other grills – they help melt the fat off what you are cooking and the byproducts are typically collected in a tray. Some grills are able to boast that they are up to 80% less fat than other grills. Once that fat has “melted off” a tray collects grease that you can dump in the trash. After that, you just pop the removable elements into the dishwasher for sanitizing during your next dish round. Another advantage is that indoor grilling offers shelter from the elements outside. You can grill year-round with electric grills, which can only be a good thing. When you’re interested in tailgating, then a grill stand will work great indoors. A lot of indoor grills work outdoors just fine when you’re not in inclement weather.
Electric grilling is also cleaner when it comes to the environment. After all, coal adds toxins to our environment, and it’s pretty much the dirtiest energy out there. An electric grill only uses a certain amount of energy in a short amount of time, and then it’s out of service. But coal releases toxins into the air that damage it.
Learning to Love Your Electric Grill
Grilling is a great way to cook your meat in a tight living space, and there are a ton of great grills built to meet you and your family’s needs. Make sure that you check each grill to see if it has the temperature gears and cooking space that you need for some of your favorite dishes.
Grilling indoors isn’t 100% like grilling outdoors, but that doesn’t mean that your final meal isn’t going to be excellent. Choose the right meats, use the right tools, and always cook at the right temperature. Then you’ll always get the perfect meal every time. Don’t rush things!
And what will be the best electric grill for apartments in 2020? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!