Are you looking for a way to grill that’s less messy and safe enough for your patio? Most apartment and condos have explicit rules forbidding grilling with charcoal grills on your patio. This is just one reason why electric grilling is the way to go! Often people think of the George Foreman grill when they think about electric grilling. While this is a great standby grill, today’s variety of electric grills offer a lot more than just a small machine that can hold a few steaks. There are many sizes of grills to choose from with various capacities that will thrill everyone from the novice to the expert. In this article, we’ll take a look at a few them.
When you’re cooking on a patio, you must always be mindful of apartment rules. Outdoor electric grills easily solve this problem for modern grill masters; there’s no smoke, but there’s still a lot of flavor. Indoor BBQ grills are also a common way to make sure that your meal is healthy and low fat – they awesomely melt the fat off the meat you’re cooking into a tray for cleanup later.
Choosing the Best Electric Grill for Patio in 2018
People buy different electric grills for different reasons. The classic electric grill, George Foreman’s compact grill, is a great go-to for the beginner. Using this grill also helps you maintain a healthier, lower-fat diet. The grill melts the fat off of steaks, chicken, and other meats and catches it into a cleanable tray.
The classic-style George Foreman grill comes in a variety of sizes to meet different needs. Here are a few to check out:
- For a family of four, a small indoor electric grill is perfect for nights that you want to make meat or poultry. You can take it outdoors on your patio if you choose, and this classic George Foreman electric grill for patio comes in two sizes, and can double as a tool for making hot sandwiches such as Panini’s and grilled cheese.
- This electric grill for patio is perfect for those looking to cook a consistently low-fat diet. Similar to the 4-serving meal, this model offers a boast of removing up to 42% of fat, and takes half as long to cook as cooking it up in a traditional pan on a stove.
- The Weber grill is larger than the Foreman grills, and meant to truly replace the gas or open-flame grill. It’s very suitable for apartment life and can be taken indoors if you have the space and a proper grill stand. It goes up to 1500 watts, so be aware that it can heat a space up fairly quickly.
- This electric grill for patio is a great compromise if you’re looking for more of a “grill” taste and can’t ante up the money for a larger grill.
- Sur la Table offers a great indoor grill as well via Amazon. The grill can handle fat hamburgers as well as sandwiches, allowing the cook with a lot of flexibility and creativity.
Of course you’ll need to learn a few great recipes. Try WebMD’s healthy indoor grilling recipes to find some delicious meals that the whole family will love. You can always take your time with
Choosing a Portable Patio BBQ Grill
What if you’re looking for indoor BBQ grills, rather than the classic Foreman style grills? These types you can take it anywhere. Most grills that you use for indoor grilling can be used as makeshift indoor electric BBQ grills. Typically small and portable, some of these electric BBQ grills even are battery-powered.
The indoor BBQ grill is typically a smoker, and meant for the patient, barbecue lover. The equipment is a bit upscale.
Charbroil makes an excellent smoker, the Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker. This Char Broil electric grill has an excellent reputation for mimicking true barbeque flavors, and although it’s on the upper end of the budget range, you can often find it on sale from different vendors on Amazon.
Is There a Such Thing as an Indoor Gas Grill?
Yes, there are models of grills that run on gas, on variable prices, depending on the size and your needs.
Philips makes a grill that mimics fire, using advanced infrared heating technology. While the device is smokeless, it gets hot; up to 446 degrees. Check out the Philips HD6371/94 Indoor Grill to read reviews of the product and more about the features.
If you’re interested in a great – and economically sound – alternative to indoor gas grills, consider purchasing a griddle attachment if you have a gas stove. Not only does it offer the experience of flame-cooked burgers and hot dogs, you can also whip up a great breakfast complete with eggs, sausage, and hash browns all on one surface. They’re a great alternative to the indoor gas grills on the market today.
As the Chef, It’s Up to You
The person who does the cooking should always be the one who choose the electric grill for your patio or kitchen. Some people like grills that can cook both steak and sandwiches, while other chefs will want an indoor smoker to use on their patio to create a great barbecue dinner. Whatever your preference, grilled and barbequed food is delicious, and you can always find an indoor device to cut the fat and leave the taste. Enjoy!
And what will be the best electric grill for patio in 2019? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!