In the world of home grilling, most people favor charcoal the most, but in life, there are situations where we don’t get exactly what we want. Apartment and townhouse dwellers are often forced to use electric or gas grills. An electric grill pan is a great idea if you plan on cooking up more than just hamburgers and hot dogs. These types of grills are meant for cooking up ham, eggs, sausage, and all other kinds of breakfast items naturally. They tend to have a large grilling space as well that can let you grill your steaks with your asparagus on the same grill pan.
One major advantage that electric grills have is their power source. They’re convenient — simply plug it into a normal wall socket and throw a switch, and when it’s ready, a light will switch on, unlike the other grill choices, which take considerably longer to be ready. You won’t ever run out of fuel with your electric grill, either, unlike a gas grill that can run out of propane any moment or a charcoal grill that requires a bag of briquettes on hand at all times.
Electric grills are also generally safer than other types where flames can toss sparks or cause grease fires.
Electric grills are typically allowed in apartments or condos where restrictions usually outlaw grills that have open flames. This is why so many stand-up balcony electric models are made at smaller sizes – and you can take them on vacation or to a picnic with outlets, too. Tabletop and countertop grills tend to be the favorite type for chefs. They’re simply easier to use and clean up.
What Should I Cook on an Electric Grill Pan?
The appliances that work as grill pan usually have a lot of space on top. What do you normally cook on a griddle? Most likely you’d like to cook up one meal at once. For dinner: Veggies, a main course, and maybe some potatoes are all things that come to mind. For breakfast, you’ll have the space to cook the bacon, potatoes (yes, of course!) with onions, an omelet or simply eggs, all in one spot. That’s a great advantage. It’s like a giant stove that heats up evenly.
6 Favorite Electric Grill Pan in 2021
Ready to get started with exploring all the satisfaction of owning an electric grill pan? Let’s get started by looking at some of the favorite models.
- This 16 inch an gives you a lot of space to make a great meal all in one on this griddle. You’ll do very well with one-dish meals on here, too. This electric grill pan features a built-in pour spout that also works as a spoon rest. High sidewalls provide extra space so you can make thick kabobs or burgers. The glass cover and heat-resistant handles will also let you to use this pan as a buffet server.
- This great little electric grill pan features a non-stick surface that’s large (neatly 19 inches on the long side) and features adjustable steam vent holes for evaporation. The appliance itself is quite easy to clean with a dishwasher-safe lid and a nonstick surface that comes clean with a wet sponge and dish soap. This is a great one-surface grill that lets you cook up breakfast, lunch or dinner. The fully embedded pan base makes sure the heat is distributed evenly as you’re cooking.
- One of the most striking things about this Presto pan is how handsome the design is. It looks like a miniature backyard grill. This is a highly rated electric grill pan that does more than just grill. (It also has the space for large dishes.) It’s about 3 inches deep, making it a great applicant to use to fry, grill, bake and stew. It can fit thick cuts of chicken and other thick meats. It boasts a nonstick surface that’s easily cleaned with a mild dish soap and water. The only complaint about this model is that with regular use, the nonstick surface starts to lose its quality. This usually happens when you’re using it regularly and at 400 degrees and up.
- This electric grill pan is capable of searing, frying, baking and so much more. Although it’s a compact size, it has the capability to make a full meal for two people. It can function as a grill, pan and stove. You can cook burgers, sear seafood and even cook casseroles in it if you desire. (But it’s always better to cook meat, trust me!) It features an easy-to-read, adjustable temperature control and it’s made for easy cleanup. You can just put it in the dishwasher — pan and lid and continue on with your day.
- This 8-lb electric grill/griddle pan is highly portable, which makes it a good appliance to consider if you like to travel and cook on your vacations. There’s a lot of space to accommodate a whole family’s breakfast, dinner or lunch request. It features a temperature control on one side that lets you change modes for cooking different types of meals. The nonstick coating is easy to clean with soap and water.
- One of the first significant things about this electric grill pan is its ability to change between two extreme temperatures, from just 120 degrees to 400 degrees. This actually makes it great for reheats, or do soft and slow sandwich sears. (Grilled cheese for the win!) The trays come out and can be safely washed in the dishwasher. This unit has a takoyaki plate accessory that you can also buy can make up to 26 large takoyaki at a time. Takoyishi are traditional Japanese snacks. They look like little meatballs and they are delicious. This grill can also cook your meatballs and kebabs in a similarly satisfying way.
Summing it Up:
Grilling at home with an electric grill is fun and relatively easy compared to mastering charcoal, and the rewards are an easy-to-clean appliance that will treat you well if you treat it well, year-round. Each grill has special attributes that you will love, so take your time to think about who you will be grilling for, and what you love to cook most. It’s amazing all the things these little suckers can do for your meals!
And what will be the best electric grill pan in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!