George Foreman grills have been popular since the late 1990’s, but before the Foreman grill, the product was virtually unheard of. George Foreman signed on as the spokesperson for the Foreman brand, and a legend was born. Today, George Foreman grills are simply the most popular and loved electric grills on the planet. Since first launched, the George Foreman grill has sold over 100 million products. George Foreman himself has made a lot of profit, too.
The George Foreman grill is one of the first clamshell grills invented and marketed en masse. Its unique design allows the grilling plates to heat the top and bottom surfaces of the food. People loved the idea of grill that they don’t have to flip their food on top of. The Foreman model grill is neat and efficient, usually heating up in about 10 minutes and cooking up your steak in another 10. The heating surfaces are grooved to reduce contact area, and every Foreman grill is made with grill plates that are non-stick and easy to cook.
All George Foreman grills are also built to cut and drain the fat from your fish, cuts of steak, and burgers. Usually there is a drip tray that is designed to collect the fats and other byproducts from your meat. On current models, the lower heating surface has an angle that helps the byproducts to drip towards the tray. People trying to live healthier lives are often drawn to the Foreman grill because they want a good lunch and it’s just easier than anything else. Just pop a salmon and some asparagus into it, and you’ve got one of the healthiest lunches a person can get, all in about 20 minutes or less.
All of these grills have something special going for them. Choose the model that works best for your needs. There will always be a new model in a few months, so try to focus more on your needs than the latest bells and whistles. After all, if you want to cook both breakfast and dinner on your electric grill, you’re going to need a flexible appliance to do that for you.
Best Foreman Grills in 2021
There isn’t going to be just one grill that’s proclaimed the best electric grill, I’m sorry to tell you. There are many choices available and they’re really broken down by which will meet your needs. Some of these grills are compact while others are large. One thing they all have in common is that they’re great grills that are relatively easy to use. You won’t even have quality suffer when you buy a Foreman grill.
- This George Foreman electric grill is one of the best grills on the market for people who love to party or tailgate, and here’s why: it’s easy to use, it cooks evenly, and it has an easy waste disposal. This particular grill can hold 15 hot dogs or more, and can also do hamburgers and steaks. You can use it either indoors or outdoors, which is a huge bonus if you were to be cooking in unsteady weather. Best of all, it’s sturdy and it comes with a removable plate. This is not a clamshell style grill, it functions mostly as a replacement for charcoal, and it’s modeled to look like a traditional charcoal or gas grill. The great part is that you can put this in your kitchen and not worry about it starting a fire because it’s an electric grill.
- This Foreman electric grill is a great choice for those with a small family or if you like to cook multiple courses – such as steak as well as grilled zucchini – on one plate. This is a traditional clamshell grill where the top of the grill cooks one side as the bottom cooks the other. It has a decent drip tray and a sleek design, making it perfect for your kitchen countertop. The lid adjusts to different cuts of meat and this grill is also specifically designed to cook your Panini sandwiches, too. The removable plates can give you two different textures and are easily popped in the dishwasher for cleaning. (You can put the drip tray on the top rack, too, but make sure you dispose of the grease properly.)
- This George Foreman electric grill is meant for couples, and it’s great because it’s also such a space saver. If you’re not cooking two servings of meat, there’s still plenty of space for grilling up veggies as your second serving. This Foreman grill comes with the standard features, such as a drip tray for food byproduct, and non-stick surfaces that are easy to clean up with just a paper towel, soap and water.
- You’ll love this right out of the box for its sleek design that is reminiscent of fast car, and not a grill. This larger Foreman electric grill has removable plates and enough space to cook up to 5 burgers at once. Total, you’ll have a 72 square inch cooking surface to use for cooking fish, poultry, meat and more. The sloped design helps the fat and other waste from the food find its way to the grease tray. This is a great little dishwasher-safe electric grill for a family.
- This electric grill is remarkable as a Foreman grill because it takes functionality a step further, making it so that the appliance can also be used to bake muffins and things like casseroles. It is a grill, a Panini press, a baking dish and a muffin pan. This is a great Foreman grill for a small family or party, and the removable plates make it easy to clean up when you’re done grilling, baking or whatever else you use it for. Like previous Foreman grills, this one heats up quickly (10 minutes) and has an accurate temperature control that allows you to sear food as well. You can also buy an add-on waffle pan for this model or an even more exciting omelet plate set to make unique breakfasts.
- This is a larger George Foreman electric grill that’s appropriate for a family that wishes they could grill outdoors. You’ll love the size of the grilling space on this grill –80 square inches. This model features a nonstick coating that’s considered safer than previous versions. It’s free of PFOA. On top of that, it’s considered to be about three times as durable. It’s as easy to clean as any other nonstick model – just use soap and water. This model also boasts a 30% faster preheat time. It heats up in just a few minutes. You can also use the adjustable temperature control to get the perfect heat temperature for each meal. You have a choice of three colors: silver, black and red.
- This interesting Foreman electric grill comes in a copper color that gives it a handsome sheen. You can use this model to grill, broil, create Panini sandwiches or top melts. Free of PTFE and PFOA, the ceramic coating on the grill plates is just as nonstick as others. In fact, it’s a dramatic improvement over past nonstick surfaces. Tests show that the grill plates in this model are five times more nonstick than previous versions. Take that as you will. But the PTFE and PFOA-free nature of the material at least help prevent worry about harmful chemicals getting into your foods. This model also comes with a griddle/grill plate. You can open the grill out flat and cook eggs and bacon, or perhaps some burgers and hot dogs. The temperature controls are precise enough to that you can cook a large variety of food, and not worry so much about the food you’re cooking being unevenly heated. There’s just a lot to love about this model, and it’s ideal for a family kitchen. Use it a few times a week and you’ll always get your money’s worth.
- This is the closest grill to the classic, original grill that still exists today. Perfect for young and old men (and women) who really love a burger now and then, this grill can meet your needs quickly. But it’s not only burgers that you can cook up quickly. You can actually cook up two medium-sized servings at a time. You can also, apparently, toast your burger buns pretty quickly. You can use this grill like the original grill. It is, in fact, the very same model that started the Foreman line of products. You can grill just about anything on it in 10 minutes or less, but don’t do thick cuts of meat. All of the parts wipe clean pretty easily and there is also a drip tray.
Summing it Up
The Foreman brand will always be one of the top electric grill brands. They’re the inventors and they’ve won their reputation by being exactly what they say they are: a great electric grill that helps cut the fat and make lunch more exciting. If you are not allowed to grill with a charcoal grill because you live in an apartment, townhouse or condo, a Foreman grill is a great solution when you want something that mimic the taste and can cook enough servings for everyone.
As I mentioned before, there is simply no one best grill, although my personal preferences for chemical-free cooking put #6 and #7 in the running. However, you may have a larger crowd to feed or less time to spare and want a slimmer model. It’s all up to you. Whichever model you choose, make sure you clean it thoroughly and store it away from children. The great thing about most of these grills is that they are easy to transport. Even when you’re tailgating, you will have a way to cook the foods that you personally want to eat.
And what will be the best George Foreman electric grill in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!