Tailgating is a social event that takes place during the pre-game festivities in sports such as basketball, soccer, hockey, football but it is also seen happening at other events such as weddings, concerts, and barbeques.
It is usually held around the vehicle’s open tailgate. Furthermore, it has become a lifestyle involving the consumption of alcohol and most importantly grilling of food. It isn’t only about cooking food, there are certain rules to follow as it is usually an all-male event but with similar sportsmanship, the females pack in for the fun as well.
Key points to remember while tailgating
To ensure a safe and an exciting experience there are usually rules to follow for tailgate parties.
When tailgating, it is essential to properly pack and prepare by keeping a portable toolbox that has the required stuff for tailgating.
A cooler should be taken for the storage of beverages and frozen items and the usage of the cooler should be learned. A first aid kit should be kept to treat any minor burns or cuts.
Next, when it comes to choosing the best large tailgate grill, whether it be a gas grill, electric grill or charcoal grill, it is important to know the proper working of it and the surrounding area where the grill would need setting up.
Try to marinate meat the night before and keep the toppings sliced in advance.
When it comes to grilling in a stadium, it is prohibited to have open flames and to use deep fryers. Oil-based cooking can cause grease fires that is able to spread quickly. For the usage of charcoal grills, it is important to make sure that the grill is covered.
Most importantly when positioning the grill wind direction is essential to know.
Lastly, try to start tailgating early so there is enough time to eat and clean without any interference with the game.
Product reviews of the best large tailgate grills in 2019-2020
Below mentioned is the list of some tailgate grills. The best large tailgate grill is usually considered from the charcoal variety but then every individual has his or her own preference as well.
- The first one on the list of the best large tailgate grills is the Coleman Road Trip Propane Grill. This grill is famous for its versatility and portability. It is considered by some as the starter version of portable roadside grills. It has a ton of features.
- Moreover, it is easy to carry and move around. It comes with two burners having adjustable cooking powers and an interchangeable grill and stove.
- The only thing to keep in mind when it comes to this grill is its size. Despite being advertised as portable it is quite big i.e. around 285 square inches. However, as the wheels can get towed this makes it easily portable.
- Next grill on the list is the PengMei Compact Charcoal Grill. This grill has been labeled as nicely compact and easily assembled. This charcoal grill has been quoted as worth the money due to its sturdy appearance and large size with adjustable air vents.
- PengMei charcoal grill is well known to cook meat with at an excellent temperature. The grill according to its size and price is good for camping, picnics plus due to its large size, it is perfect for 5-10 people.
- Next on the list of best large tailgate grills is the Blackstone Grills Tailgater. This grill is famous for its portable gas grill and a griddle combo. It is versatile and comes in the budget with legs. You can adjust it on an uneven ground.
- In addition to this, it is an all-purpose outdoor cooking unit with cons such as being too heavy to easily move and not having a carrying handle. Variety of foods can be cooked due to the presence of a built-in gas grill and griddle.
- One of its key features is that it comes with a vented heavy duty grill box, having a handle and grill plates that are of cast iron and durable.
- This is an outdoor portable gas grill, there is a built-in tubular burner of stainless steel that runs around the firebox and provides even heating. Some of the pros of the grill include large cooking area alongside offering grease management.
- Apart from the pros, there are some cons as well including the flame tamer which is of thin porcelain steel. The presence of large-sized side tables are the ones that do not go with the look of the grill and it is also a bit heavy for a portable grill around 35 pounds.
- This is the last grill that qualified to be on the list of the best large tailgate grills. This grill is perfect for tailgating or any other outdoor event for instance camping. It has a huge cooking space that is very well suited for to cook for decent crowds. The grill does not weigh that heavy. Furthermore, the folding of legs makes it a lot more portable.
- As a user, you will love the temperature gauge as it warms up easily and cooks up meals more quickly than other grills due to the presence of a tight-fitting lid.
Tailgating is such a social event that gives everyone an opportunity to have a good time. The selection of the grill is very important for tailgating, the grill should be portable and not too heavy with the right surface area for cooking.
The selection of the grill is completely the choice of the griller. He or she would know the area’s environment where tailgating would be plus the number of the people that need feeding.
Tailgating for beginners might prove to be a challenge from the selection of the grill to the cooking of the meal. However, if you follow the rules for tailgating, this would prove to be such a fun-filled event.
And what will be the best large tailgate grill in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!