Electric grilling is a favorite pastime of many Americans, but it hasn’t always been. It used to be that there was only one option – the most famous, George Foreman. Today this isn’t the only option, but it’s always a favorite for consumers because it’s such a well-known brand. After all, electric grills exploded onto the grilling market in the 1990’s. Cooking at home isn’t always fun, and most of us can attest it isn’t always easy. When you’re using an electric grill, everything is a little easier. Clean up is typically easier when you’re using an electric grill as well.
Plug-in grills are important to those of us who live in apartments, townhouse, condos and other multifamily dwellings. Because they’re smokeless, they are also fireless, which makes them safe for indoor or patio use.
Some plug-in grills are meant for at-home use only, and come with very short cords. Others have sure signals of portability, with handles and longer cords. Take note of whom you plan on cooking for, how often, and where you plan to cook for them, and keep these in mind while you’re shopping for your new plug-in grill.
Here are the best plug-in electric grills 2018-2019 has to offer us:
- This electric grill can cook up to 4 servings at a time, making it a perfect appliance for a small family. It comes with a short cord that plugs in directly into the wall. This grill warms up quickly when you put it on preheat and is known for keeping a solid temperature throughout the grilling plates. If there are a lot of extra fat drippings; you may experience splatter, so try to avoid using extra oils while you’re cooking with this grill. You may want to put some extra paper towels or even a plate under the drip tray to catch any extra splatter. The tray comes out and is easy to clean.
- This electric indoor grill is extremely popular for people who live in rental homes and apartments. It is meant for your countertop, and is not very portable for parties or tailgates. As a grill, it’s a great choice. It heats up quickly, leaves little mess, and can get to very high temperatures so you can sear meats etc. as you please. One drawback is that the searing can cause a bit of smoke, so it’s recommended that you turn on the fans in your kitchen to draw smoke away from the smoke alarm. All of the trays are covered in nonstick coating and are easy to clean with soap and water. When you try this grill, make sure you pay attention to cooking times. If you’re not sure, check the manual. Burgers usually cook in about 15 minutes. The grills will need to be cleaned regularly to keep this grill in the best condition. Choose warm, soapy water to clean it.
- This is a great electric grill you can use right out of the box. It preheats quickly and is ready to use once it’s plugged in and you have found a good spot on the counter. You can cook vegetables; steak, pork, poultry and this grill can cook up to about 4 servings at a time. The searing part of the grill will let you really lock in taste to your steaks or chicken thighs. Clean gently with a plastic grill brush and don’t put parts in water. Keep this in a safe place on your kitchen counter, away from anything you worry about getting hot. Make sure that you use your kitchen fan if you plan on searing.
- This electric grill looks great on your countertop and that’s where it will stay once you’ve tried it. You can use it took cook more meal types than a stove. This grill offers you 6 cooking options in one. It functions as a contact grill, Panini press, full griddle, full grill, half grill, half griddle, and even a top melt. You’re offered a precise temperature control to help you optimize whatever it is that you choose to cook. The contact grill can handle thick cuts of meat or fish. There’s a lot of space to use, anyway, about 240 square inches worth, which means you can cook all the courses of your meal on one surface. This is sure to save you a lot of time. All of the trays are removable and you can clean them with soap and water in the sink.
- If you want a grill that lets you cook up to 4 servings at once, as well as thick Panini sandwiches, then this is the model for you. This grill goes up to 400 degrees, and it’s built to be portable – which means that it’s compact and easy to store. It’s got a decent size cord, and you can use it outdoors and indoors on a tabletop. Don’t crowd the food in this model or you’ll risk uneven cooking. Make sure that you wash the trays by hand with a soft scrub brush or rag. The gentler, the better.
- This is another electric grill that’s great for the kitchen, but should probably stay in one place. It’s not really built to be portable, however, it is meant to be versatile. You can use this grill as an indoor grill, double griddle, combo grill/griddle, or a bacon cooker. You get a lot of grilling space with this model, adding up to 200 square inches of cooking space. When working with this appliance, be aware that the fatter the meat, the more drip tray wastes. Empty it often and place a towel under it while you’re cooking to minimize the splash.
- This great Power Smokeless Grill is one of the best indoor smokeless grills. It comes with a lid which is really helpful in reducing smoke. Also your meal is ready earlier because the lid locks the hot air.
- You can sear your meat with the 450 F hot temperature which you can set up with the touch switch. The grilling causes excess fat to drain away from food.
Summing it Up
Using an electric grill can be a lot of fun, especially if you’re pressed for time and need to find a way to cook nutritious and flavorful dinners. When you choose your grill, always read the instruction book. There may be recipes for beginners in that book, or you may need to go online to get some good ones. Start searching here: Grilling Cookbooks. Whatever works for you, work for you. Don’t be shy about experimenting with your electric grill and learning new recipes. You’ll be on your way to flavorful meals in no time once you’re used to knowing the basics.
And what will be the best plug-in electric grill in 2020? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!