Grilling with an electric grill is considered one of the most safe and efficient methods of cooking up hamburgers, pork chops, and other lean meats for the whole family, and sometimes more! Some electric grills can function as griddles, and provide a good surface space worthy of breakfast, lunch or dinner. Usually, they’re also meant to cut the fat.
Pretty much anyone who loves grilling should have an electric grill for the purposes of cooking indoors in inclement weather. They’re a snap when it comes for cooking for family get-togethers, and typically heat up so quick you can be cooking in about ten minutes. There’s nothing quite as quick as that when it comes to gas or charcoal grills.
Cleaning up a portable electric grill is also super-easy; most of them feature removable plates that are dishwasher-friendly, and come with a tray that catches the fat and the grease so you can empty it out safely every single time.
Small Versus Large Electric Grills
Some of the electric grills now on the market are a bit larger than the classic, original models of electric grills. The smaller ones will always do in a pinch, but the much larger ones aren’t quite as portable. If you want to cook for two sometimes but host a party or go tailgating, you may want to get one of each.
You should also think about quality when it comes to electric grills. After all, if you plan on hosting parties regularly, you want one that that’s made of sturdy materials and is built to last a long time. It may be worth it to investigate the warranty or even invest in an additional warranty if you choose one of the pricier models.
If you plan on cooking for a family regularly, choose a larger model. Consider investing in a model that advertises a non-stick surface and removable trays that can fit in the dishwasher. This is a serious time-saver that almost everyone can appreciate – especially the kids if it’s their night to do the dishes.
A small grill is ideal for a bachelor or a couple, and the clean up is a total snap. You don’t need to go overboard, just choose a grill that fits the type of food you like to cook. You’ll find cooking can be a lot of fun, and that’s what grilling is all about, really, anyway.
Portable Grills available today
: Let’s Look 4 Options
- This compact portable electric grill perfectly fits a cut of meat for a family of four, even if your dinner is actually a thick Panini and not a cut of fish or steak. The great news is it can handle either of these, and it cooks your meat thoroughly in about 10 minutes. There are removable, non-stick plates that come with this grill that you can easily pop in the dishwasher once you’re done.
- The downside of this grill is that it’s not as authentic as some of the other grill models; however, it’s the size that’s already almost perfectly portable. It’s a great idea to take on vacation with you or for a lazy Sunday where you just don’t want to do a lot of work for dinner.
- This portable electric grill can serve a larger family, or a friendly small gathering of six or less. Adjustable to different cuts of meat, it has 90 square inches of grilling surface and nonstick grill plates. Grease drips away from the meat as it cooks and collects in a tray. If you’ve been asking yourself what’s the size that’s already portable, this grill is a close runner-up to the Foreman.
- It only weighs 5 pounds, meaning you can have one of your kids bring it into the cabin for you when you’re on vacation. What’s the downside of this grill? Unlike the Foreman grill, however, the plates are not removable, so you’re going to clean them by hand.
- While this electric grill is portable, it’s not an easy haul because it weighs in at 21 pounds. You’ll need to fold up the legs and pack it into the back of your vehicle and it will take up a bit more room than a traditional Foreman grill. However, this is the perfect electric grill for taking trips on boats, tailgating (in good weather) and simply entertaining a decent crowd of friends in your home.
- It can accommodate a lot of food, while still cooking thoroughly in about 15 minutes, which is a true testament to the power of grilling technology. It also has a temperature gauge, which will allow you to preheat it to your desired temperature before you fire it up. Because pork, steak, chicken and seafood all have their own optimum temperatures, this is a feature whose value should not be overlooked.
- This portable electric grill with a stainless steel lid is known for delivering a taste of the outdoors while you’re indoors. It has an adjustable temperature control to make sure you get the perfect taste for your cut of meat, whether it’s poultry, fish, burgers or pork. The removable hood, plate and drip tray are all dishwasher-friendly. And with a weight of only 8 pounds, you can take this with you on the go almost anywhere, from the beach to the in-law’s house.
- The grill doesn’t deliver a lot of smoke, but you may want to run your stove’s fan if you’re in a tight space and plan on cooking food until it’s well done. If you can’t go without a grill in the winter, this is a suitable replacement (or a great gift if that describes somebody you know.) The only serious con is that sometimes the grill times take a bit longer than indicated in the manual, so plan accordingly.
Summing it Up:
Choosing an electric grill that meets your needs is important, but it’s not a difficult task if you pay attention to the features. Keep in mind – who will you be cooking for? How many people? Will you want to take this grill out of the house? The above options are only suggestions. You may want to continue to shop around on Amazon to find the perfect grill, and that’s fine. Sometimes it’s a good idea to get a small grill and larger grill for events, if you love the way an electric grill cooks your food. If this may be an option for you, start out with a small purchase before you seek out the larger model so you can get comfortable with some of the features that are unique to electric grills.
And what will be the best portable electric grill next year? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!