If you can’t use a propane or traditional coal grill this summer, due to regulations or your own time restrictions, you may want to try an indoor BBQ option to cook your meals instead. Let’s face it, many barbecue recipes take a lot of time that we don’t necessarily have. While we can’t get the perfect slow-cooked meat from an electric grill, we can get it pretty darn close to perfection.
And unlike charcoal, gas or propane grills, most smokeless barbecue grills are electric, safe to use both outdoors and indoors. This gives you the added benefit of year-round cooking.
When talking about the best indoor grill for barbecue, there’s going to be a lot of opinions. After all, there are small contact grills like the on George Foreman makes, there are stand-alone grills that look like the real thing, but rely on electricity, and there are other options such as rotisserie smokers, skewered smokers, and other contraptions modeled after traditional barbecue and grilling recipes and methods.
When people think of an electric grill, they often think of the George Foreman grill, but today, there’s a lot more involved than the tabletop grill. Many popular models look and feel just like an open-flame grill, and offer the authentic taste of smoked cooking. As they say, technology is grand! This article will go over some of the best products for cooking smoking BBQ today.
Smokeless Indoor Barbecue Grill Choices in 2020
|Product||Editor’s Ranking||Energy Source||Product Dimensions||Weight||Price|
|Power Smokeless Grill With Glass Lid||6.6 out of 7||Power||21x15.4x8.1 in||15.4 lbs|
|Hamilton Beach 25361 Indoor Grill||6.5 out of 7||Power||12.4x16.7x6.8 in||8.14 lbs|
|Philips HD6371/94 Indoor Grill||6.7 out of 7||Power||7.5x21.9x16.9 in||15.5 lbs|
|GOTHAM STEEL Smokeless Electric Grill||6.3 out of 7||Power||17x4x14 in||6 lbs|
|Chefmaster Smokeless Grill||5.4 out of 7||Stove Top||12.8x1.5x12.8 in||1.45 lbs|
|George Foreman GGR50B Grill||6.3 out of 7||Power||22.2x20.5x13 in||21 lbs|
|Utopia Kitchen Cast Iron Grill||5.6 out of 7||Stove Top||17.3x10x0.9 in||8.7 lbs|
There are many products geared towards BBQ lovers, and these grills are considered some of the best and most authentic when it comes to slow cooked, smoked meat and veggies.
- This great Power Smokeless Grill is one of the best indoor smokeless grills. It comes with a lid which is really helpful in reducing smoke. Also your meal is ready earlier because the lid locks the hot air.
- You can sear your meat with the 450 F hot temperature which you can set up with the touch switch. The grilling causes excess fat to drain away from food.
- This indoor electric grill was built for searing, which makes it a really fun tool to cook grill or any other barbecue you want, indoors, without smoke. You’ll get juicy steaks, chops and burgers on this grill, too. The high searing temperature will make it easy to sear even fish with precision, locking in the juices and adding that authentic barbecue taste. This particular model has a window so that you can watch as the food simmers. Otherwise, the temperature controls are pretty basic. There’s an indicator light that tells you when it has heated up — and preheating can take as long as 10 minutes.
- Because this is a larger model, it comes with a larger drip tray to catch your excess oils and fat. As far as clean up, you can easily remove the drip tray, and the manual says that the trays are all dishwasher safe. If you’re like me, however, you’ll wash it manually. Manual washing makes nonstick materials last longer. Use a sponge to scrub it gently.
- With this smokeless indoor grill, Philips entered the smokeless “charcoal” grill market with an impressive first model. Although it runs on electricity instead of charcoal, it mimics the charcoal cooking pretty well. It uses advanced infrared technology in its heating components to make it very “charcoally”.
- It will cook all of your food evenly. If you’re looking for a smokeless electric indoor grill, this is a great choice for intermediate grill masters and experts alike.
- Gotham Steel manufactured one of the bests electric smokeless grill and griddle that is easy to use as preparing indoor BBQ. The ceramic material used for surface coating helps to provide even heat for cook the perfect meal.
- You can use this product as a grill or as a griddle as your requirement and preferences. The frame that is constructed by using aluminum material makes it heatproof while the handles are cool to touch.
- Therefore, this portable grill and griddle have removable parts that are easy to clean as well as they are dishwasher safe. This smokeless grill and griddle are PFOA, PTFE, and PFOS-free. If you are looking for a smokeless indoor BBQ grill then this Gotham product is a great choice for enjoying the BBQ parties with your friends and families to collect memories.
- I’m listing this here because it’s quite popular, but while it is smokeless, it’s not a grill per se. It’s more of an indoor grill cooktop. This smokeless indoor stovetop grill fits on top of a gas stove to mimic an outdoor grill with smoke. It’s more of a griddle than a grill, and it’s great in a pinch on a bad weather day for the family to cook up something interesting.
- However, if you’re looking for more advanced barbecue cooking, you’ll want to skip this offering for something that actually works like a grill, rather than an electric stovetop grill like this one. It will serve you well as a smokeless stovetop barbecue grill.
- This smokeless indoor “charcoal” grill is an ideal solution for those who want to cook both indoors and outdoors at a low temperature for a long period of time. This smokeless BBQ grill is a favorite of families, tailgaters, and barbecue fans, and is sure to be a hit with your household as well.
- Similar to the Chefmaster offering, this smokeless indoor grill offers more of an authentic texture for your food. If you’ve been wondering how to grill on stove without grill pan, this may be the closest you come without resorting to purchasing an electric grill. Have you been wondering how to use a stovetop grill?
- This is a great place for beginners to start. Just use some light oil and fit the grill/griddle on top of your stove burners. Wait for it to heat, and make sure that you’ve got everything you’re grilling on top. It should cook as quickly as pan-frying but offer a more grill-like taste and texture. This may be one of the best stove top grills on the market today.
Questions to Ask When Buying a Smokeless Indoor Grill:
When buying a smokeless indoor grill, there are a few things you should think about. Not all indoor grills are alike. Here are a few questions you should ask if you’re shopping around:
- Does the grill have an on/off switch or knob, or do you have to unplug it from the wall to turn it off? Avoid models that don’t have the switch – there’s simply too much danger of a fire.
- Does the grill really get hot enough to grill meat? Typically, a grill with 1,000 to 1,500 watts is powerful enough to cook meat until it browns or sear it, but lower temperatures will cook your meat but slowly, losing the texture of grilling in the process and making it softer.
- Are there removable grill plates? If you’re cooking raw meat, this feature makes it much easier to get things clean. Go for removable grill plates whenever you can so they can be cleaned thoroughly.
How to Use a Non Stick Grill Pan
When cooking on a smokeless stovetop barbecue grill, and other types of grill pans, there are a few things that you need to consider. Safety always comes first, so remember to wear your oven gloves when you’re cooking with a non-stick grill pan for the first time.
You’ll need to lightly oil the surface where you’ll be cooking, start at a low temperature and wait about 5-10 minutes; depending on what temperature you’ve chosen.
Here are a 3 questions to ask when you’re cooking with a non-stick grill pan:
- When you’re placing it, does it fit tightly over your burners? Take it back to the shop if it moves easily when you fit place it on. It may move while you’re cooking, and that’s too dangerous, especially if you’re dealing with oil.
- Does the oil splash too easily? If so, you’ll need to turn the temperature down and try cooking at a slower temperature instead. If this isn’t acceptable to you, it’s time to find a different model.
- Did you remember to cook some veggies? It’s a legitimate question. Most people use these grills for meat only, but it’s important to have some vegetables too. Stovetop grills make a great platform for grilling Brussels sprouts, tomatoes, and other vegetables.
Electric Grills Are Here to Stay
Smokeless indoor grills are very popular, especially among the “responsible bachelor” crowd that cooks and cleans. Foodies in college often resort to contact grills like the George Foreman, due to the lack of space and time in their lives. This is where many people fall in love with grilling.
An electric grill is a great way to make your grilling hobby work in a tight space. You can live in a small apartment but still grill up fish, steak, and veggies that are highly flavorful. Many people fall in love with indoor grilling for its convenience and ability to make flavorful cooking in just a matter of minutes.
If you’re interested in indoor grilling or BBQ, make sure to check out our other articles. There’s a lot of great information here about these topics.
And what will be the best smokeless indoor grills in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!