Choosing the right grill or smoker doesn’t have to be a difficult decision. A vertical grill is a favorite for backyard and patio grillers; it takes up less space, and it’s easy to reach the food when it’s time to flip it.
Part of selecting your grill will simply be taking a look at what you want to use it for. Will you be cooking steaks? Burgers? Corn on the cob? How many people do you plan to cook for? Will you be cooking on a patio or do you plan on tailgating? There are a lot of things you can consider when choosing a vertical grill.
When looking for a vertical grill, we came across a lot of great models. Vertical grills make different use of space than any of the other grilling styles, and they do a fantastic job of lending an authentic, juicy taste to your meals. These grills are amazingly versatile, and they make great use of space. Some grills have a temperature control and way to cook other foods that are vertical, such as kabobs or corn. Others stick to simple grilling tasks. What they are capable of depends on the style and design. Checking the manual that the grill comes with will help you realize which model cooks the way you want it to. You can also read the reviews on the internet.
All of these products feature easy-to-clean drip trays for safety and convenience.
We took a look at several of the grills on the market, and found that these are the 5 that merit a second look. Any of them will help you cook a fine dinner, with little fuss or muss. The recommended products’ pro’s and con’s are also included within the review, if applicable.
Top 5 Best Vertical Grills 2018
- This vertical electric grill opens like a large book to create space for not only grilling your favorite foods such as steak or salmon, but there are stands that can hold up kebobs or any favorite treat on a stick. The grill allows you to cook different items at the same temperatures on each side, and even fold up the grill entirely with steak in it to offer more authentic searing and grill patterns on each side. You can also take this vertical grill almost anywhere. It’s lightweight, easy to carry, and it only weights 12lbs. This grill is appropriate if you plan to both grill horizontally and vertically, leaving you options to do both at the same time. It can easily function as a kebab machine for home use.
- This vertical electric grill is the ultimate grill for those who love to grill vertically, and is set up for melting cheese alongside grilling vertically. With this awesome party grill, you can create traditional raclette plates and melt cheese on top of them easily. The “vertical grilling sombrero” gives you the space you need to cook both veggies and meats at the same time. Multitask while grilling veggies or meat and then dipping them in your favorite cheeses. It comes with a nice recipe book if you’re not completely familiar with traditional raclette dishes.
- This is the ultimate household electric grill kebab machine, and it has really no other purpose except helping you cook a kebab thoroughly and upright. An oil collector keeps the machine clean and safe, and it features six skewer slots so you can cook for a decent sized group all at one time. While the meat should cook thoroughly, it’s recommended that you don’t combine two different meats on a single skewer; they cook at different rates, as do the veggies, so there’s the danger of either undercooked or overcooked contents.
- This powerful and compact machine is the one of the best vertical grills for those who love to roast. Large enough to roast a whole chicken, two small hens, or a large cut of ham, this is also fantastic choice for those who want to create juicy kabobs. In fact, it can hold 7 of them, making it a perfect mini doner kebab machine. The heat controls help you cook everything thoroughly and accurately, and the machine itself is safe and small enough to place on your countertop. It can go on trips with you as it only weighs 13 lbs. This is a great mini doner kabab & shwarma machine.
- This vertical electric grill another great choice for rotisserie lovers, shwarma and kabob grillers. Weighing in at only 7lbs, it’s a little more portable than the one previously reviewed, and is also recommended to make less-likely grilled food, such as fish and gyros. The broiler heats up slowly and then cooks evenly, while the “keyhole” part of this grill is made from an open structure of heating elements that allows for the optimal use of energy. Some users find the cooking time to be a little slow; chickens can take 5-6 hours but they’re cooked evenly and come out juicy.
Summing it Up:
Choosing a vertical grill doesn’t have to be difficult, as long as you focus on your needs and the type of foods you plan to cook the most. A vertical grill is a great choice if you love outdoor grilling but can’t do it, especially if you love to cook shwarma, chicken or kabobs.
If you love grilling, chances are that you will probably end up with more than one type of grill. Most of us griller have at least a Foreman grill for our steaks and an outdoor grill for good weather. Vertical grills aren’t for those who love burgers, but they do great for those of us who love to cook food whole or on kabobs. You can’t beat roasting a chicken in your kitchen with minimal prep or effort, and a vertical grill is a great gadget to add to your kitchen collection, so just go for it!
And what will be the best vertical electric grill in 2019? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!