Cooking rice simply or how to make white rice?
Cooking rice is one of the biggest bugbear of housewives. Generally it remains uncooked or overcooked or stuck together. If you want to make a beautiful non-sticky cooked rice, then come with me.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1 cup white rice (the quality of rice is irrelevant in terms of preparation)
- 3 teaspoon salt (if you want the rice to be a bit special use sea salt)
- 2 tablespoon oil (use olive oil if it is possible)
Preparation of the perfect non-sticky cooked rice:
Rice-cooking has 3 basic rules!
- Choose the type of the rice that is suitable with the meal we want to make
- A rizs legyen alaposan megmosva és nem árt, ha pár órát áztatjuk The rice should be thoroughly washed and it is good if it is soaked for a few hours.
- You should use much water.
If you stick to these rules, the right non-sticky rice is guaranteed. But let’s see how to cook rice.
1. Measure the dry rice in a big bowl. If you use rice brand „B”, you should look through and take out foreign substances. It is mostly small pebbles, other kinds of seeds, etc.
2. The next step is the washing. How to wash the rice? The way I do that I pour some water on it, I stir rice grains with my fingers then I pour the water out. We can do it even 10 times. It will be good, when the water is clear.
3. If you cook 1 cup of rice, you should add 3 liters of water at least. (If you change the amount of rice, change the amount of water too!) So place in a saucepan at least 3 liters of water to boil.
4. Put three teaspoons of salt into the hot water. Of course, if you have a sweet dish prepared from boiled rice, then this step can be omitted (or add up to 1 teaspoon of salt), but if you cook the rice for some salty food, which otherwise we will not be seasoned, you can raise the amount of salt.
5. Then add 2-3 tablespoons oil (preferably olive oil). This will flavor rice, on the other hand do not let the rice grains stick together.
6. If the water boiled, pour the washed and cleaned rice. The hot water can get cold, it is very good to keep the rice in warm water.
7. Generally the cooking time is written on the packaging. It is usually between 15 and 20 minutes. Of course, the cooking time of rice depends on lots of things. But it is generally adequate.
8. I cook the rice at maximum temperature, and sometimes stir it to avoid the rice grains to stick on the bottom of the pan. If you use enough water they will not be stuck.
9. After 15-20 minutes you should try. When the rice is tender, then stain it and wash with cold unning tap water. In this way you can clean it from the cooking water and get the rice cooler. Then keep it in a bowl until use.
If you want to use as a side dish, after a shower with cold water reheat it with hot water. And when it dripped immediately can be served.
Enjoy your meal!