There is nothing better than a soft, juicy steak that has infused all the smoke and flavor. However, at times, we do slightly miscalculate with the temperature that we have to maintain inside of the smoker. This happens, especially if you don’t have much experience with smoking. Too much heat will dry the meat and too low will leave it underdone.
Let’s get to know about the best electric water smoker to prepare the scrumptious smoking food.
Why water smoker is useful?
The good thing is that now you have a variety of smokers at your disposal to get the taste that you have always loved. One of such units is the electric water smoker. These units have a special water pan which might not be necessary to the working and operation of the smoker. But they are there to make sure that your meat has the right texture and a better taste.
With the increasing temperature in the smoker box, the moisture in the meat can quickly evaporate. Consequently, the meat will become chewy and dry. A water bowl inside the smoker will prevent this from happening, and your meat will remain tender.
This water bowl shouldn’t be too small and must hold at least a couple of cups of water. Too small and the water will evaporate quickly, and the entire purpose of having a water smoker will fail.
The Top 5 Electric Water Smokers in 2021
|Electric Smoker||Dimensions||Weight||Heating element||Price|
|Char-Broil Vertical Electric Smoker||17.5x20x37.8 in||50 lbs.||1,500 Watt|
|Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker||19.88x20.47x33.27 in||39 lbs.||800 Watt|
|Smoke Hollow 26142E Electric Smoker||36.5x19x16.5 in||33 lbs.||1,500 Watt|
|Southern Country 2 in 1 Electric Water Smoker||27x21.5x37 in||23 lbs.||1,500 Watt|
|Char-Broil Electric Water Smoker||16.9x21.9x31.8 in||20 lbs.||1,650 Watt|
- The water pan in this water smoker from Char-Broil can hold approximately two cups of water. This smoker provides you with 505 square inches of cooking area. This means that this is an ideal smoker to smoke large food items.
- The smoker also features cooking grates with chrome plating, and there are three of them. So you get plenty of space not only in terms of width but in terms of rack height too. This smoker comes with double-wall insulation, and it plays a critical role in maintaining the temperature on the inside of the smoker.
- The all-important wood chips are there to add a smoky flavor to your food. The door handle is also made of chrome to resist heat and prevent your hands from burning. Apart from that, there is a temperature gauge on the door too that as a bezel. It not only adds to the looks of the smoker but also provides you with accurate readings of the heat inside. The entire smoker is made of steel and is built to deliver a long-lasting performance.
- This smoker from Masterbuilt has a very compact design, and it features a digital panel for easy controlling. With this panel, you can easily turn the smoker on or off and also adjust the temperature. There are four racks inside with chrome plating. These racks ensure easy cleaning and prevent the food from sticking.
- The smoker also features an air damper that you can use to adjust the smoke level according to the needs of the recipe. The loading system for the wood chips is patented. You don’t have to open the door to load these chips.
- There is a thermostat as well that allows you to control the temperature and ensure that your food gets even smoking. The entire body of the smoker is well insulated so that the flavors and smoke don’t leave the inside of the smoker.
- The cooking surface that it has is 730 square inches, so this is pretty good. This smoker is suitable if you are hosting a small group of people for a BBQ.
- This electric water smoker from Smoke Hollow features a 1500W element for heating. There are a couple of cooking grates with chrome plating. You can conveniently make adjustments to the height of these racks. The chrome plating ensures that your food doesn’t stick to the grates, and it also enables easy cleaning. Furthermore, you have easy access to make adjustments to the temperature.
- On the door of the smoker, there is a heat indicator that shows the temperature with full range. The smoker also has cool to touch side handles along with the door handle that features a latch system. The water pan on the inside is made of porcelain, and same is the case with the chip tray. Porcelain is good for your health, and it doesn’t contribute towards any temperature changes either.
- The cooking surface of this smoker is 250 square inches, so it is a good option for small-sized gatherings.
- This compact yet spacious smoker from Southern Country is an admirable bargain for you. This compact-sized smoker provides you with a cooking surface of 351 square inches. You can use this smoker for a variety of foods, and it works well for a small group of people.
- There are a couple of cooking grates that have chrome plating on them. These racks are good enough to provide you with a space to work on your steak or roast. It also features an inbuilt gauge for temperature.
- The chimney styled construction works in tendon with the loosely fit vents and tightly fit the door for the creation of consistent airflow. It ensures that your food gets the maximum flavor and stays juicy. The water pan of this smoker has 5.5 quarts capacity, which easily lasts on cooking cycle. It will ensure that your food stays tender. The heating element of this 1500W smoker is UL listed, and you can conveniently fit it into your household outlet.
- The hood and side handles are made of wood and are resistant to heat, which makes them cool to touch. The door slides easily, and you can add your wood chips and water with maximum ease. Apart from that this smoker also has an interlocking base that makes sure that you can easily transport it from one place to another.
- This is another compact design that doesn’t disappoint when it comes to cooking space. With 380 square inches of the available surface for cooking, you can have your options to cook different foods.
- Its 1650W element for heating can work well with any standard outlet in household. The smoker comes with a temperature dial that allows you to control the readings easily. This smoker comes with a small pan for charcoal for adding flavor, but of course, you can use wood chips if you want.
- The water pan has a porcelain coating that can hold a good amount of water in it to keep your meat soft and tasty. There are two cooking grates in it for easy food management. The dimensions of this smoker are 16.9 x 21.9 x 31.8 inches, and it only weighs 20 lbs. This means that it is a good option for traveling and camping too.
Overall, the winner of this roundup turns out to be the Vertical Electric Water Smoker from Char-Broil. It provides you with a nice and big cooking surface that you can use to cook different foods in one go. The smoker has properly insulated walls making sure that the inside temperature doesn’t alter on its own.
The water bowl and wood chip pan in the smoker has the right size according to the overall size of the smoker. These will ensure that your food doesn’t get dry or rubbery when you take it out.
So, have you tried any of these smokers? What was your experience? Share your comments in the section below!
And what will be the best electric water smoker in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!