Are you in the market for a tabletop grill? If so, you’re not alone. Tabletop electric grills are one of the most popular ways to cook food, especially meat if you’re single. If you live in a condo or apartment complex, and you want to grill, buying one of these grills is really one of your only options. After all, you probably can’t use a propane or traditional coal due to regulations or community rules. Instead, we must adapt and make the most of the situation.
The good news, however, is that electric grills have come a long way. There are a LOT of great models on the market, and even the Foreman grill has several more offerings than you would imagine. Electric grills that fit on a countertop or tabletop are safe to use both outdoors in decent weather and indoors all of the rest of the time, giving you the option of year-round grilling.
There are few different indoor grilling choices when we’re talking tabletop grills. We’re going to take a look at a few of the tabletop electric grills that George Foreman makes. When people think of a countertop or electric grill, they often think of the George Foreman grill. As basically the authenticator of the tabletop grill, he’s the one who made these models a household name.
Today, the styles, colors and even heating elements can vary greatly, but most tabletop electric grill models do the same things; cook efficiently, thoroughly, and cleanly while melting away a significant amount of fat.
When you’re shopping for an electric grill, pay special attention to features that help you clean it and make sure that the model you choose is smoke-free if you plan to cook it on your tabletop or stovetop. Some models may have a bit of smoke, which would make them more appropriate for a tailgate or outdoors party. A lot of us are familiar with Weber outdoor electric grills, which are one of the favorites, but these grills are a bit different. They are mostly built for indoors, for one thing. There are a lot of other differences, and you’ll learn more about them as you read on.
Let’s take a look at some of the tabletop choices available on the market today.
7 Top Tabletop Electric Grills 2022
There are many great grills out there now that countertop grills have gone mainstream. All of these choices are solid and respectable, just make sure that you are aware of each grill’s features; some do more than others.
- Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler: This is one of America’s favorite tabletop electric grills – it’s been reviewed 6000+ times on internet alone, and has kept its high rating throughout the past few years. One reason people love it is that it’s super-versatile, with a 5-in-1-countertop unit that can function as contact grill, Panini press, full grill or griddle and combinations of all of these. The stainless steel design is handsome and stylish for any kitchen, and the floating cover adjusts to the thickness of food. There is, of course, a drip tray that catches fat and other byproducts. It also comes with a fun recipe book to get you grilling quickly.
- This indoor tabletop electirc BBQ grill is a bestseller because of its authenticity and taste. It can heat up your meat without overheating a room, and it’s cleaner than a lot of the other tabletop grills – it has a double grill pan system that catches all the stray droplets that somehow missed the first tray, which is huge deal for those of us who want everything as clean as possible. This grill is so small that it’s got a bag to help you make it portable if you go on a trip or to a party.
- Philips makes an impressive grill that mimics the charcoal cooking pretty well with this model, and it fits easily on your tabletop. This tabletop electric grill uses advanced infrared technology in its heating components to make it very cook all of your food easily, and because of this, there’s no smoke, either. It’s truly a good choice for barbecue lovers and meat lovers in general, especially if you enjoy heating your steaks, to the point that they create the perfect sear.
- This George Foreman tabletop electric grill is one of the best new models out there, and includes a digital display. This portable electric grill is a 3-in-1 model that includes Grill, Panini, and Waffle plates as well as variety of cooking options depending on what you’re cooking. You also have the option to set the controls to create a “searing burst” of 500 degrees. This is great for a quick sear on salmon or a steak, or a quick burst of heat to melt your favorite candy bar on top of a pancake you have been cooking. The average temperature most people will use will be between 325-450, and this grill heats up to these temperatures quickly and roasts all the way through completely.
- This is one of the few countertop electric grills that advertises itself as a BBQ grill, which is one of the reasons it’s one of the best; it’s true to its word and consistently rates highly among customers. First of all, when you buy this grill, you get an amazing app for your phone that helps you grill the best foods on it. This unique grill also has interchangeable plates to help you cook efficiently and healthy and cook in a variety of ways. You can switch between contact grill, full griddle or even waffle maker easily. Just make sure you clean out the drip tray every single time.
- This electric grill is certainly one that can help you master the art of tabletop grilling. The infrared technology helps to heat your food perfectly, and the grill can heat up to 550° F without changing the temperature in your kitchen. Made from a durable porcelain finish, it functions and appears like an outdoors grill, but with its tabletop design, it’s a highly portable electric grill if you want to take it to an event or two.
- This tabletop electric grill can cook a whole romantic dinner on your table or countertop without blinking. While it does generate a minute amount of smoke, few people complain about it and it doesn’t seem to trigger and fire alarms. If you’re not doing a full-course, two-person meal you can fit four chops in this tabletop, not bad for something that still manages to be portable. It can take over 5 minutes to heat up, but once it has heated up, it cooks accurately and evenly no matter what you’re cooking up. Clean it while it’s still warm to get anything stuck to it off, and it’s best just to use regular soap and water. It also has a fat dropping tray that must be emptied regularly.
Tabletop Electric Grills: Portable and Versatile
Ever since George Foreman introduced the world to his grills, tabletop grills have become a mainstay of foodies all over the world. Smokeless indoor grills are very popular, and for people who love some steak every. A lot of us rejoice in the convenience of cooking a grill on a tabletop, and for many people in college, it’s a way to keep away from healthy “fast food” and in many cases, faster than the junk food served in the food court. Many foodies are able to live well-rounded lives and get the nutrition they need by using electric grills as a shortcut to good nutrition. Many people who use these types of grills aren’t even familiar with “regular” charcoal grilling. Others who enjoy this method of cooking choose to do it this way because it’s less harmful than using charcoal on an open flame.
An electric grill is a great way to make the food you want to eat, even when you don’t have a lot of time or space. Unprocessed food is bad for you, and an indoor electric grill can help you avoid the temptation to pick up a frozen pizza or a box of mac and cheese for dinner. (Although if you must, you can always have that mac as a side dish.) Make sure that when you choose your contact grill, you read the instructions thoroughly to make sure that you know how to handle the temperature controls. Most of the manuals will also have some sample recipes that I highly suggest you try out; they’re chosen and included because they’re tasty and probably a bit easier than some of the other recipes you’ve considered.
If you’re still not sure if a tabletop electric grill is right for you, buy a cheap model and test it out. There are plenty of other chances to check the outdoor grills for the grill of your dreams, but even when you have an outdoor grill, an indoor grill can benefit you. The weather is not always nice, but people always have to eat. Don’t we all deserve to eat well? Grilling regularly will make sure that happens.
And what will be the best tabletop electric grill in 2023? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!