Winters were a great time, but unfortunately, they’re deteriorating as fast as March approaches. And while we bid farewell to the snowy season, we welcome summer and all its bounties. But what’s a summer night out without a whole-hearted barbecue?
So without further ado, let’s dig in!
Things to Look For:
While it may be a bit more heartwarming to just buy the tailgate grills as they appear, it is important to know that there are certain factors that one must look for in tailgate grills in order to fully evaluate them:
Type of Fuel:
It is important to know whether you need to use a propane powered, an electrically operated, or a charcoal-fueled grill for your barbecue.
Heat Capacity and Power:
This is usually measured in BTUs (British Thermal Units). Find one that suits your needs. An optimal power would be 20,000 BTUs.
Tailgate grills should be portable and mostly handheld, so you can carry them around easily, pack them up, and have them on the go.
Whether the price is affordable or not is entirely up to you. In general, make sure it is pocket-friendly but also has good quality.
Best portable tailgate grills on the market in 2020
|Product Name||Fuel Type||Weight||Cooking Area||Price|
|Gourmia Portable Charcoal Electric BBQ Grill||Charcoal/Electric||9 lbs.||198 square inches|
|Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill LXE||Propane||47 lbs.||285 square inches|
|Weber Smokey Joe 14-Inch Portable Grill||Charcoal||9.5 lbs.||165 square inches|
|George Foreman Portable Propane Grill||Propane||15 lbs.||200 square inches|
|Char-Broil Portable Tabletop Charcoal Grill||Charcoal||7.5 lbs.||190square inches|
|Char-Griller Table Top Charcoal Grill||Charcoal||41 lbs.||250 square inches|
|Yodo Large Portable Folding Charcoal Grill||Charcoal||5.5 lbs.||210 square inches|
- Since this product is from Gourmia, we can guarantee excellent quality and taste. The Gourmia Portable Barbecue Grill is just what it sounds like. It features the following:
- A unique and minimalistic design that features a smart double grill pan system and detachable electronic parts. This grill is powered both by charcoal and an electric power source, providing you with a ton of different options and choices. The electronic parts are removable and can be detached and reassembled for easy cleaning and portability.
- Small elegant design for enhanced portability and carrying. Smart double grill pan system that is perfect for preventing drip, and thus reduces smoke and excessive pollution by a whopping 90 percent. Ideal for outdoor and indoor tailgating, such as a patio or porch.
- This grill also features a turbofan system that helps circulate and evacuate air to allow for maximum flavor and minimum smoke production. Includes travel case, so you can easily carry the grill around and easily attach it to the tailgate.
- The Coleman Road Trip Propane Powered Portable Grill is perhaps one of the best portable tailgate grills that we have ever laid our eyes on. It features thousands of different aspects, a few of which are as follows:
- Features a traditional design with a modern twist and easy portability. This grill is primarily powered by propane gas, which means that its versatility is a certain 100%. The Coleman has a heating capacity of around 20,000 BTUs (British Thermal Units), which is more than what most tailgate grills can deliver.
- It also features a capacious and highly modified cooking space, providing about 285 square inches of cooking area. The two grill grates are made of the finest cast iron and coated with optimal quality porcelain for maximum output.
- Features 10,000 BTUs power output on each burner. Ideally powered by a 16.4 oz. propane tank. Has a collapsible design that enhances portability and movability. Features PerfectFlow Pressure Control System that regulates and evenly distributes heat.
- The Weber Smokey Joe Portable Grill provides a minimized design to allow for a maximized experienced and more robust flavor. It sports the following features:
- Minimalistic and modern design to ensure that the grill is entirely portable and easy to clean, making it one of the best portable tailgate grills. The company has made the handle on the primary cloche using nylon and reinforced with glass to provide enhanced insulation, making it easier to remove by hand. The grill grates have been nickel plated to enhance and promote durability and strength.
- Cooking space is around 14 and a half inches in diameter, which amounts to approximately 165 square inches of working area. Size is small to provide more portability and for easy carrying. The exterior is coated with porcelain enamel, providing not only durability and resistance but also security and easy conductivity.
- The Weber Smokey Joe Portable Grill also features a limited warranty of ten years, meaning you can renew the product if you find any faults in it.
- When we talk about the best portable tailgate grills, how can we ever exclude this one? The George Foreman Portable Gas Grill is perhaps one of the finest and most complex yet simplistic tailgate grills that will have you coming back for more. It features the following aspects:
- This grill features a professional and unique design that is sported by perhaps no other tailgate grill in existence, making it both stylish and effective. This tailgate grill is powered by gas, most ideally by a propane tank of around 1 pound weight.
- The grilling plates are stainless and can even be flipped over to make a griddle, so you can cook a vast variety of food without ever leaving your handy grill. Has a 200 square inch cooking space that can accommodate twelve servings all in one go. It’s that simple and sophisticated. The non-stick cooking surface is dishwasher safe and is extremely easy and simple to clean and wash. You can easily clean it, additionally, it is highly portable and easy to carry.
- The Char-Broil Portable Tabletop Charcoal Grill is our personal favorite, and you’ll soon know why. This exceptional and exquisite tabletop grill features the following characteristics:
- The grill is charcoal powered, requiring either charcoal briquettes or lumps of coal to work. Traditional design with a modern twist. Can easily collapse and fold up, and is easy to set up and carry on the go.
- The primary grill features a cooking space of 190 square inches, which may not seem a lot, but is definitely worth it. Heat resistant handles that promote insulation, allowing you to easily remove the lid and carry the grill around without hurting your hands.
- Stainless steel construction that allows for maximum strength and enhanced durability. Prevents rust and grime buildup. Dimensions are premium and for the most part easy to handle and carry around.
- The Char-Griller Table Top makes its way on our list of top seven best portable tailgate grills, and it’s no surprise why. This exceptional charcoal powered grill has the following unique aspects:
- The ash pan is easily removable, allowing for an easier clean-up and a better experience. You can use this product from Char-Griller in unison with the Char-Griller Barrel Grill. This is perhaps one of the best portable tailgate grills for Texas-style smoking. You can easily switch from a grill to a side fire box, but unfortunately not vice versa.
- The side fire box can be used in co-operation of the Char-Griller Pro Deluxe, Outlaw, Wrangler and Duo. The cooking grates are manufactured from cast iron for added durability and easy cleanup.
- The primary grill features 250 square inches of cooking space. It allows you multiple serving and cooking on the same spot. A sliding drawer helps you to keep the ashes and coals.
- This exceptional product from Yodo is one we just couldn’t leave out. The Yodo Large Portable Folding Charcoal Grill is a unique and sensational product that is sure to find its way into your cart. It flaunts and proudly presents the following features that will definitely overwhelm you:
- Simple and traditional design that uses less space and is easier to move around. The main grill weighs no more than 5.5 lbs., making it portable and easy to carry. The lightweight structure will be the first to grab your attention. The dimensions are optimal and unique and are as simple as they can get.
- The grill plate and the main stand and furnace have been forged from only the finest FDA approved stainless steel that accounts for its enhanced stability and durability.
- Heat and corrosion resistant structure that allows for safer and healthier cooking. Rust-resistant grill that is perfect for an easy cleanup and wiping. The grill is highly versatile and is one of the best portable tailgate grills.
While tailgating has become increasingly more popular in the past few decades. It has no doubt shown us that the best barbecue isn’t the one with the most expensive or highest quality products. But, one in which everyone enjoys the food and a moral of friendship and unity is learned.
So happy barbecuing!
And what will be the best portable tailgate grill in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!