In modern times, grilling is advancing as well. There are so many different methods for fueling like propane, LPG, and others. However, nothing beats the old process of charcoals. They tend to stand out even today because they bring about a unique flavor to the food. The smoky taste in the barbecue is achievable only with coals, so you need to get the finest charcoal grill.
Here, we will tell you about the best 22-inch charcoal grills on the market. Set them in your patio, especially if you are the one to invite guests for a barbecue night.
The Top 5 Best 22-inch Charcoal Grills in 2021
|Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill||Porcelain-enameled||25 x 22.5 x 39.5 in|
|Premium Charcoal Grill||Porcelain-enameled||39.5 x 22.5 x 27 in|
|AmazonBasics Charcoal Grill||Black enamel coating||27 x 22.5 x 39.5 in|
|HYLFF Outdooor Charcoal Grill||Stainless steel with porcelain coating||N/A|
|Megamaster Portable Charcoal Grill||Steel construction with porcelain coating||26.45 x 27.99 x 43.3 in|
- The Weber 741001 is a 22-inch charcoal grill with different features. Weber started with the traditional and original kettle-style. However, this kettle became a premium 22-inch charcoal grill with its modern features.
- The body is porcelain-enameled that retains heat. This feature allows the heat to remain at a steady temperature for the perfect grilling. It also makes the grill more durable by protecting it against rust, cracks, and peels. The lid has ventilation to adjust the heat accordingly.
- To completely extinguish the coals, you can close all the ventilation holes. The handle of the cover and its side handles remain calm, even at high temperatures. The lid also has a hook on one side to hang it when not in use.
- Cooking grates in this charcoal grill made up of steel, are heat resistant and have a long life. It is easy to clean the grill and grates. There is an ash catcher which is removable. Two out of three legs of this kettle have wheels to ensure portability. This traditional looking kettle is perfect on the go or for your patio. It can help produce about 13 burgers at once for tailgating or otherwise.
- Weber brings us one of the best 22-inch premium charcoal grills with the original kettle look. Its modern features allow people to enjoy the traditional barbecue with lots of conveniences. The size enables about 13 burgers at a time. It comes in three different colors to match your patio appearance.
- This grill has a traditional design that gives a stylish and elegant look too. The body has a coating of porcelain to ensure its durability. Porcelain coating makes a protective layer on the body to save it from tear and rust. It also helps the body to resist overheating. The lid has a thermometer that helps maintain the heat.
- To keep the heat on the coals is not very easy. However, there are four dampers on the lid. You can close and open them to maintain the coals easily. If you close all of them, the coals extinguish completely.
- This grill is easy to clean because of the porcelain which makes it more desirable to the buyers. You can also clean the ashes of the coal by simply pulling the lever, which makes the ash drop in the tray and empties it. The steel grate folds from one end to help you access the coals easily. These grates are resilient to the highest temperatures and durable as well. An addition of wheels makes it perfect for tailgates or maneuvering around.
- The AmazonBasics Charcoal Grill is a heavy-duty charcoal grill. This classic kettle-style comes in many different sizes. Let us discuss why this is one of the best 22-inch charcoal grills.
- Even though this is a heavy-duty charcoal grill, it is still portable. There are three legs, and out of them, two are with wheels. This guarantees stability and portability. The cooking surface is about 363 square inches, which is suitable for making 12 burgers at a time.
- To make sure that the food cooks perfectly, the grates have a chrome coating. This material allows distributing heat evenly all over. There is an ash collector tray for easy clean-up. On just one push of the lever, ash falls into the plate, and you can dispose of it safely.
- Its structure plays a significant role in ensuring that the grill is heavyweight. The body coating is of black enamel that gives the Kettle a fascinating shine. Moreover, it protects the Kettle from being rusty or collecting debris on it. The easy-clean feature applies to the body as well. There is ventilation on the lid to help control the heat level of this charcoal grill.
- Closing all holes shuts down the grill safely. To help you keep track of the temperature, there is a temperature gauge on the lid as well. All the handles on this charcoal grill have a heat-proof material.
- The HYLFF Barbecue Charcoal Grill is a kettle design to give the perfect vintage look to your patio. The rugged body of this charcoal grill makes it the optimum 22-inch charcoal grill that you can urge to have at your place. It is family-friendly and requires little to no help in assembly at all. This grill has four legs for maximum stability. Two of them have wheels so you can pull it anywhere you like for tailgating. However, the other two are single legs that ensure safety and stability when you use the grill.
- There is a shelf on the bottom for the storage of your grilling material. The body has a porcelain enamel coating on a thick body. To add to sturdiness, this grill has a stainless steel mesh frame. Overall, the body does not deteriorate from the heat on the body.
- There are a total of three handles on this kettle. One is on the lid and two on its sides. All three of them have proper insulation to avoid over-heating when the kettle is in use. There is a handle on the ash catcher as well, under adequate insulation. With the pull of a lever, you can collect all the excessive ash and throw it away properly. Dampers on the lid of the grill ensure your strong control over the heat. To be sure of the right temperature, there is a thermometer on the cover as well.
- The Megamaster Charcoal grill is a prodigious 22-inch charcoal grill because it is portable and has so many qualities. Its simple design ensures that the vintage aesthetics are not away from the kettle. However, this does not mean that this is old school and does not have modern features that a grill needs to be equipped with.
- The lightweight grill is perfect for your tailgating and camping trips. Since the fuel is charcoal, all you need to do is, let the grill and a few pieces of coal put effort. It stands on three legs, out of which two are with wheels to make its dragging easier.
- There is a thermometer and ventilation holes on the lid to make sure that you have perfectly cooked food. The chrome material of the grates helps in grilling by dispensing the heat consistently all over the grates. As the handles have a high insulation system, they do not get hot and are perfect to use.
- The material of the body is made up of steel that makes it durable. However, the porcelain coating allows this grill to remain free of rust and easy to clean. Overall, this grill is a definite partner for you if you enjoy tailgating.
Tips for using a charcoal grill
Using a charcoal grill is the best way to achieve the best tasting barbecue. However, getting it right is the exact trick! Use these tricks to ensure that you get the premium charcoal grilling all the time.
Use the vents
Getting a charcoal grill is an important business. However, make sure it has ventilation holes because they allow strong and comprehensive control of the heat on the coals. Closing all of them is also a great way to shut down the coals without danger.
Don’t overdo coals
One widespread mistake that people make is, overdoing coals. It is essential to keep the number of coals in balance. For the high heat, you need a full chimney of coals. For medium heat, you need half a stack of coals. And for low temperature, you need 1/4th chimney of coals.
Even when you use charcoals, use wood chippings. Wood chippings are a great way to enhance taste and maintain the heat.
After reading the market and looking around for the best 22-inch charcoal grill, we have reached our final verdict. The best one, according to us, is the Weber 741001 Charcoal Grill, because Weber is one of the top-notch grill manufacturer on the market. This grill has everything to make it the finest, and with easy maintenance.
The ash catcher helps dispose of the debris quickly. Steel cooking grates ensure that coals are heated up evenly. Moreover, the management is secure because of the insulated handles on the sides.
Do you agree with our decision? Charcoal grills are different for everyone, and you may find something else more appealing to you. When you choose the one, make sure that you do not compromise on quality. Charcoal grills are more modern and have features to make grilling easier and great fun.
And what will be the best 22-inch charcoal grill in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!