We always hear people crave about tasting the smokey flavor in their food. Or how they just had the perfect BBQ at someone’s house a while back. When it comes to BBQ it is believed that you need the right tools to get the perfect flavor.
There are many different techniques you can try to achieve a perfect BBQ meal. One thing you can try is getting yourself a powerful charcoal grill for the perfect texture and smokey flavor. If that sounds interesting, keep reading our list of the best charcoal grills.
What Are Some Things One Should Look for In A Charcoal Grill?
If you’re thinking of getting into grilling, you have come to the right place. There are certain features that are available in quality charcoal grills that you should look out when to buy one.
For instance, good charcoal grills come with strong, reinforced cooking grates. These grates are coated with a protective layer to ensure they can survive high temperatures. When looking into grills you should check the material of the grates. Another feature good grills share is built-in heat gauges which you can use to adjust the heat. These grills also usually come with a temperature probe you can use to check food doneness.
You should also check where the ash in the charcoal grill deposits during use. Quality charcoal grills now feature an ash pan that collects the ash. This can is removable so you can easily clean it out.
The Top 5 Best Good Charcoal Grills in 2021
|Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill||Stainless steel||39.5” x 22.5” x 27”||Check Price|
|Portable Kamado Charcoal Grill||Stainless steel||20.5” x 21.5” x 25.3”||Check Price|
|Royal Gourmet CC1830F||Stainless steel||24.65” x 54.13” x 51.97”||Check Price|
|Royal Gourmet CD1824A||Stainless steel||50” x 22” x 48.8”||Check Price|
|Premium Charcoal Grill||Stainless steel||60.22” x 50.51” x 28.16”||Check Price|
- Weber is the name to beat when you’re looking for the best charcoal grill. This company prides themselves on revamping their own models and bringing you the best quality products.
- This charcoal grill has impeccable construction that is built to last for a long time. The body is made of stainless steel, while the lid is porcelain enameled. The lid comes with reinforced protection so it can hold the heat. This protective covering also keeps the lid from damage. The lid is protected against rust and the coating is protected against peeling.
- We all encounter that moment where we don’t have a choice other than to place the lid on the ground. It happens, you might need to check the food when the lid is probably extremely hot. This is exactly where the Weber premium charcoal grill would be perfect for you. This grill has a built-in lid hook that you can use to hang the lid while you check on your food. Not to mention the handle shield keeps the handle from getting too hot.
- You can easily fit about 13 burgers on this charcoal grill without any hassle. And if you’re wondering about cleanup, be happy to know this charcoal grill has that covered too! It is fitted with an ash-catching tray that helps you avoid any unnecessary cleaning.
- On top of everything else, this charcoal grill also features a built-in heat gauge, and hooks to hold your cooking equipment.
- This charcoal grill from Char-Griller is easily one of the best charcoal grills available. You can take this grill on a camping trip, to the park, or simply use it in your backyard without any hassle.
- This charcoal grill has a 153 square inches cooking area, wide enough to cook an entire meal. The cast iron grill is protected with a strong outer covering against extreme heat. You can cook a large meal in a short time by ramping the heat.
- If you’re worried about the quality, you should know this grill has two dampers. The air damper on the top and at the bottom make it easier to control the temperature. You can conveniently adjust the temperature to get the exact kind of food you’re looking for.
- As we’ve said, this grill is designed to take a lot of heat. This grill by Char-Griller has an impeccable stainless-steel construction. This grill is durable against long use and heat damage thanks to the powder-coating. The lid of the grill comes with an enamel coat that protects the lid against damage and helps keep the heat inside. It also features a built-in heat gauge and a hinged lid for easy use. Lastly, this charcoal grill makes cleaning much easier with a built-in ash pan.
- If you’re someone who appreciates modern-day technology, you are going to love this grill. This wonder grill from Masterbuilt is undoubtedly next on our list of the best charcoal grills.
- Let’s look at some of its impressive features.
- First of all, this grill can reach 225°F in just about 7 minutes. And if that isn’t hot enough, rest assured this grill can also easily go up to 700°F in 13 minutes. You’re probably realizing this is a lot of heat. It comes with automated features that you can control with a smart device using WIFI or Bluetooth. You can also control and maintain the temperature on this grill through the digital control panel.
- On top of which this charcoal grill also comes with a digital fan that provides timely cooling. You can easily cool down your grill when you need it. This grill also comes with a built-in temperature gauge and meat probe thermometer to make cooking hassle-free!
- The GravityFed hopper on this charcoal grill can hold up to 10 lbs. of charcoal or briquettes for as long as 12-15 hours. Adding to that, reversible smoke and sear cast iron grates can be used for low and slow smoking.
- The Royal gourmet charcoal grill is an easy contender to be the best charcoal grill. This grill makes cooking easy and cleans up convenient. You can depend on this grill to deliver a perfect cook by providing plenty of space. This grill has a total cooking space of 598 square inches for you to use. This includes 393 square inches worth of cooking grates, and 205 square inches warming rack. You can easily adjust the warming rack to hold the prepared meat ready to cook.
- The charcoal pan on this grill is completely adjustable for your convenience. You can adjust the height between the charcoal pan and the food to ensure the perfect cook. On top of this, the charcoal pan also features an innovative design featuring holes. This allows you to maintain airflow, control temperature, and use less coal.
- You don’t ever have to worry about burning yourself while adding more fuel to your grill. This grill comes with a handy front door design with a cool to the touch handle. You can now easily check the heat, stoke the coals, or add more charcoal without risking burns.
- You will also find two sturdy side tables on this charcoal grill to hold your cooking equipment. On top of that, this charcoal grill features two side dampers for enhanced airflow and consistent heat.
- There is a pull-out ash-catching compartment on this charcoal grill to manage the mess. You can remove this compartment for easy post-cookout clean-up.
- This charcoal grill from Dyna-Glo is the latest in some of the best cooking equipment. You can expect effortless cooking, excellent construction, and plenty of cooking space.
- The Dyna-Glo charcoal grill features multiple grates made of strong cast-iron. These cast-iron grates are further porcelain-enameled to protect against heat. You can use these against the highest temperature without any worries. They have been designed to stand against the heat without incurring damage.
- Reloading coals into your grill has never been easier with this premium grill. You can easily add more coals or stoke the charcoal using the convenient cast-iron front access door. On the other hand, you can always add more coal by simply sliding the cooking grates to one side. This is the reason this appliance is on our list of the best charcoal grills.
- The stainless-steel smokestack features an adjustable flue for temperature control. You can also adjust the cooking temperature through the built-in crank and raise or lower the charcoal tray.
- Finally, the large ash pan that is designed to catch all the ash is easily removable for a quick clean up.
That was our review of the best charcoal grills available on the market. We tried to include multiple companies to ensure you could find what you were looking for. As long as you keep your needs in mind, this review should lead you in the right direction.
As hard as it is, we have to choose a winner. So, the winner was a little easier to short-list: The Weber original premium grill! As we said Weber is the name to beat with their premium charcoal grills.
This grill is indeed the best with flawless construction, built-in heat gauge, a removable ash pan, and a large cooking space.
And what will be the best good charcoal grill in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!