Hamilton Grills are one of the most popular grills on the market today, rivaling even the Foreman grill, a consumer favorite. Hamilton Beach is actually known for being one of the original smoothie/shake blender makers, and for good reason.
The beginnings of this company were humble; in fact, the man who founded what would eventually become Hamilton Beach Manufacturing Company took its name from two men the original owner, a man with the last name Osius, hired. The two men that the business takes its name from were Louis Hamilton – who was advertising manager, and Chester Beach – a mechanic. Osius invented things, and patented them. One of the most significant inventions was a high-speed fractional motor in 1905. The company used that motor in almost all of their products. In 1911, he invented the company’s first drink mixer, the Cyclone. This is how the Hamilton Beach company became a common name as soda fountains everywhere used this mixer.
The company has gone through a number of iterations, but today continues to live on as the Hamilton Beach side of Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc. Hamilton Beach currently manufactures blenders, coffeemakers, toasters, slow cookers, indoor barbecues and hot plates and much, much more. They are one of the most trust brands of kitchen appliances on the market today, and their indoor BBQ grills are all known as solid buys that should last years.
So, let’s take a look at the best Hamilton Beach grills available on the market. These are the best indoor grills that 2019-2020 has to offer us:
- This electric grill is a seasoning and searing grill made for indoor usage. The cooking area is about 15×10, giving you room for up to four medium-size servings of food when grilling. Hamilton Beach easy clean grills are the norm, and unlike some of the other grills in this series, the removable good and plates can be popped in the dishwasher after every use, although they don’t get very dirty. You may find you just want to wipe them clean with soap and water instead. The grill is really easy to use, just turn it on and wait for the indicator light, then make sure you have it on the correct setting for whichever food you are preparing. This is a family size or party size grill.
- This is one of the only Hamilton Beach electric grills with a searing window, and it’s got a lot of capacity due to its size. You can easily cook Paninis and thick burgers in this grill. You can also turn it up – up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit on the “sear” setting, to sear your meat cuts perfectly. Other settings are high, low and medium – so make sure you read the manual so that you know which foods need to be cooked at which temperatures. This grill will fit 4-6 servings of food, but make sure your meat isn’t touching or you may find it takes longer to cook evenly. Like other models, this model has removable, nonstick cooking grids that are dishwasher-safe, making easy cleanup once you’re done. The drip tray must be emptied before you can place it in the dishwasher. This grill is appropriate for families and those who entertain regularly.
- This indoors Hamilton Beach electric grill can cook up to 6 servings on a 90 square inch nonstick surface. This clamshell model is meant for double contact grilling, similar to the Foreman grill. The grill will adjust to different thicknesses, but don’t pack it with thin and then thick foods because one side will be uneven. It also melts away fat and greases into a tray that you can empty and put in the dishwasher later. Most meats and veggies will cook in 10 minutes or less. Best uses for this grill are cooking lean meats, fish, veggies, burgers and other main dishes. The grease will drip away from the food as it cooks – it will help to put a few paper towels under the grease tray to prevent splash. Don’t over pack this grill because you will need the grease to travel without impediment. Like other Hamilton Beach grills, you can easily wipe off the non-stick trays. They do not remove like the other single-contact grills.
- This Hamilton Beach electric grill can do a lot of things, with a lot of space (200 square inches, as a griddle) to achieve your meal perfection. It can function as an indoor grill, double griddle, combo grill/griddle, and bacon cooker. (Many people rant and rave about the thrill of using it as a simple bacon cooker – but I personally prefer to cook big meals.) You can cook with grill closed, or open to double the size and use as griddle and make an entire spread of food for breakfast. There are 3 interchangeable plates, for users to switch between, including two flat griddle surfaces and splatter-free bacon cooker. You can also turn this into a clamshell grill and cook sandwiches such as grilled cheese and Paninis. The adjustable temperature control has simple high, medium and low settings, so check the manual when you’re cooking something specific.
- This Hamilton Beach electric grill offers a digital display with more precise temperature controls than some of the other models, and the ability to sear your meat with the push of a button. Its 100-square-inch cooking surface gives you enough space for up to 4 servings at a time, and there’s also enough space for thick cuts of meats and your Panini sandwiches. This grill can heat all the way to 500 degrees F, which is meant to give you the perfect sear. Like other models, you can remove the trays for cleaning. However, it’s also pretty easy to clean this unit off with soapy water and a clean washcloth.
- This cooker is similar to the 4-in-1. It offers an indoor grill, griddle and bacon cooker with a 100 sq. in. nonstick cooking surface, which means you can’t cook quite as many servings but breakfast or dinner for 3 or 4 might be the way to go with this Hamilton Beach electric grill. Small families will love that they can use it then store it away. If you have any bacon lovers in your home, then you may want to use it for the perfect bacon alone. All of the plates and trays are removable and dishwasher-friendly. It also features a unique design that tilts up to drain grease away into its drip tray. The square design actually makes this model a bit easier to cook with; food tends to come out more easily and have less cool spots in your foods. The grates are a little bigger for this model, which makes it look a bit less authentic when it comes to the aesthetics of indoor grilling.
- This Nonstick surface opens flat to a 110 square inch Hamilton Beach electric grill, but only serves 2 servings in clamshell format. This means a hefty steak, a burger or a sandwich. When you unfold it, you can fit 4-6 small servings as when opens as contact grill. Either way, most meals will cook in just 10 minutes or less. The timer will help you keep cooking times accurate and at their best, and the controls will help you preheat and set cooking times. (You can use a timer or disable it if you’re cooking grill-style. Don’t leave this grill unattended, please!)
- This Hamilton Beach electric griddle is an indoor cooking area that offers 2 reversible cooking surfaces and dials that let you control each side independently, allowing you to cook more precisely. Total, there are 180 square inches between the two sides, 90 inches each. The grease empties into a central channel into a grease tray below the appliance. Make sure that you put paper towels beneath the tray if you plan on cooking greasy food. You won’t need anything but a bit of cooking spray. Cleaning this appliance is easy – just make sure you’re not too hard on it. Cleaning with soap and water is a little better for the surfaces.
Summing it Up:
All of the Hamilton Beach selections we list here are solid and meant to be used and last for several years. Narrowing down the best grill for you means deciding how often you’re going to use it, and how much food you plan to cook regularly.
Clamshell grills such as the Hamilton Beach 25601 4-in-1 MultiGrill Plus, Black or Hamilton Beach 25360 Indoor Flavor/Searing Grill offer are great for Panini lovers or people whom like the Foreman-style results. The Multigrills themselves are good for anyone who needs versatility.
Take care of whichever appliance you choose, and you can aspect a Hamilton Beach electric grill to last for 5 years or more.
And what will be the best Hamilton Beach electric grill in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!