When you’re shopping for a small electric grill, you’re probably looking for a variety of features. You may be interested in finding a grill to take to tailgate parties or on trips to the beach, or finding a good substitute for grilling at home when you’re in a setting that prohibits charcoal cooking. Whatever your reason for buying a grill, it’s important to feel comfortable with your choices. This article will guide you through some of the most important features.
Before you go shopping for an electric grill, here are a few questions you should ask yourself:
- What kind of temperature gauge does it have? Some models of electric grills, such as contact grills like George Foreman sells, will only have a temperature gauge that signifies warm, medium, and hot. Other grill types will be able to provide you with an exact temperature, which will be ideal if you plan on cooking a lot of meat, and especially frozen meat which will require a higher cooking temperature and longer cooking time.
- How is it powered? Do you need to plug it into an outlet, or is it portable? Truly portable grills often offer a battery-powered option so you can easily take them outdoors.
- Does it offer removable cooking attachments such as plates or grates? It’s hard to clean a larger grill indoors, especially an electric grill, if it doesn’t have removable parts. It’s much easier to choose a model with parts that can be washed in a dishwasher.
Electric Grills Work Great for Multifamily Dwellings
If you’re in an apartment, condo, or townhouse, your community will have specific rules that usually forbid any open flame cooking outdoors. However, they may also have rules governing the use of electric grills outdoors, so check your local laws, or with building managers, to find out which rules will pertain to you. If you’re not allowed to put a large grill on your patio, even if it’s electric, then you’ll need to but the smallest electric grill available.
If you want to cook meat or sandwiches, a small contact grill is probably the way to go. However, you’ll need to explore which models are best for the size meals you plan on cooking. Some George Foreman grills now allow cooking for up to eight people, but they also take up a lot of counter space. Consider getting a grill stand if you are interested in cooking for a crowd this large. Indoor electric grills can perform the same functions as outdoor grills, so it’s up to you to find one that truly fits your needs.
An Overview of Electric Grills in 2020
If you’re looking for outdoor electric grills or the best indoor electric grill, there are many models that will meet your needs.
- For a family of four, a small indoor electric grill is perfect for nights that you want to make meat or poultry. You can take it outdoors on your balcony if you choose, and this reasonable priced, classic George Foreman grill comes in two sizes, and can double as a tool for making hot sandwiches such as Panini’s and grilled cheese.
- This small electric grill is rated one of the best small charcoal electric grills online. A modern style grill which is great for tailgating or camping, its compact size makes it portable and has a hatch to access the coal and battery.
- This small electric grill is one of the best indoor BBQ grills that’s out there, with both temperature control and portability.
- This “small” electric indoor grill, by Philips, is a smokeless grill that uses advanced infrared technology in its heating components. Cook all of your food evenly.
- The Weber electric grill is suitable for apartment and has a stand that mimics the open-flame grill; helping to trick your mind into believing the juicy, freshly cooked meat you’ve cooked on it was cooked above an open flame.
There are other selections of grills I don’t have time to cover here, such as the Meco electric grill, and Char Broil electric grill, and these are all fine selections as well. However, there’s not enough time in the world to sample all of these wonderful product. The advice have for you is to find a place to view them in person before you purchase online if you have any questions. The products above are featured because of their versatility and ability to cook food thoroughly, mimicking the “true” grilled food that we all love to enjoy outdoors as well. I hope you’ve enjoyed this article, and continue to explore the worlds of grilling and BBQ on this website.
And what will be the best small electric grill in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!