Grilling indoors is a great way to get the most out of your meals. Grilled food is typically less fatty when it comes to meat, and yet the flavors that grilling deliver make the meat tender and juicy. Lovers of Korean barbecue have a unique type of grill they need to research: which grill can create the most authentic tastes, while still minimizing the effort that a Korean barbeque is actually all about?
Korean barbecue is also all about sharing food and eating with a group of friends. An authentic grill is built in a way that encourages sharing and enjoyment of the food around the table. Typically, you and your guests will want to eat with chopsticks when eating noodles and sometimes meat strips, when they are not on sticks. Your barbecue should come with a manual that details the types of cooking and various courses of food in your grill’s setup. Recipes should also be available.
So, which Korean BBQ Appliances Score the Best in 2017-2018? Here’s our top 6:
- This electric grill is much more than just a Korean barbecue – the infrared technology helps heat the food from the center, and it works for chicken, burgers, meat and vegetables as well as traditional Korean BBQ dishes. It’s a great compromise if you’re into trying a few Korean recipes but aren’t sure you’re ready to commit to such a specific cooking device. This may be the only 3d infrared Korean barbecue grill on the market today.
- You can make traditional Raclette on this “party cooktop” or traditional Korean barbecue dishes as well. There’s plenty of space to cook one thing on top and one thing on the lower section, and enough room to cook 8 servings at one time. Meat and main courses can go on the top while veggies, sauces and cheese cook easily on the bottom.
- This electric grill/griddle is perfect for Korean dishes and features a large, 10″ grill with a deep 3-quart pot. You can use this indoors or outdoors, and the grill itself is great for grilling, slow cooking, steaming and simmering. When you’re cooking meat, the fat drips away and pools in a catch tray. The dishes and part of this grill are truly stick-free, which makes them easy to clean with soap and water – just be careful! The glass cover lets you see what you’re doing, but there is no hole to let the steam pressure out. The lid can get quite grimy because of this. Only get the removable parts too wet and always unplug this appliance when you’re cleaning it up.
- This is a great electric multi-cooker for grilling, steaming, simmering, and is used for making Korean barbecue. If you’re not sure how to use it, you’re probably going to use it “wrong”, so visit this article for a little tutorial on using the Shabu Shabu grill, or visit this selection from Savor Japan that goes more in depth on eating the Japanese foods shabu shabu is composed of. The instruction book for this grill includes how-to’s for Korean BBQ as well. This grill has several inserts to cook whatever you want; there’s a steam rack, a mesh strainer, a 3-quart stainless-steel pot; 1-1/2-quart grill pan and more. Use the strainer by filling it with meat you’d like to use for broth or vegetables. The device itself it pretty easy to use – the temperature control has an indicator light that lights up once it’s preheated, and then there is another light for when it’s done. This appliance fits well on a tabletop, and you can peeks at the food with a transparent, tempered glass life lid. It measures 12” x 12” around, and it’s 9”deep. That gives you a lot of space to simmer, fry, or even boil. The Shabu Shabu pot is great for making shabu shabu, grilling for Korean barbeque, using it as a crock-pot and simply steaming veggies. (It’s especially good for one-pot recipes for the whole family.)
- This electric grill is great for a family meal and you can easily use it to cook up your favorite Korean meats for a BBQ. This is one of the best Korean barbecue grills made for a tabletop. It’s got a lot of room for cooking and the design allows the heat to distribute evenly for the best results. The tempered glass lid lets you watch your food (and tweak any problems, if necessary.) The lid also seals in moisture, helping your food to stay juicy and warm. The large cooking surface is not only great for Korean BBQ; it can also be used for large breakfasts and other multiple-course meals. The thermostat is detachable and adjustable, allowing for higher-than-average accuracy. The parts inside the grill are made from nonstick material and are easily cleaned with soap and water. You will need to remove the grill plate and empty, then clean the drip tray after each use.
- This indoor electric grill was built for searing, which makes it a really fun tool to cook Korean or any other barbecue you want, indoors, without smoke. You’ll get juicy steaks, chops and burgers on this grill, too. The high searing temperature will make it easy to sear even fish with precision, locking in the juices and adding that authentic barbecue taste. This particular model has a window so that you can watch as the food simmers. Otherwise, the temperature controls are pretty basic. There’s an indicator light that tells you when it has heated up — and preheating can take as long as 10 minutes. Because this is a larger model, it comes with a larger drip tray to catch your excess oils and fat. As far as clean up, you can easily remove the drip tray, and the manual says that the trays are all dishwasher safe. If you’re like me, however, you’ll wash it manually. Manual washing makes nonstick materials last longer. Use a sponge to scrub it gently.
- This is a specially designed grill that sits on your stovetop. It gives you 15 inches of distinct grilling space, as well as space for the traditional meats, sauces and so much more. The grill plate can be easily washed. If you need to learn more about how to use this model, it comes with instructions on making the ideal Korean BBQ platter.
Many people first learn about Korean barbecue after visiting a restaurant that serves the delightful food. They cook pieces of meat for you at a very high temperature, and sometimes even on an open flame. The sights and scents of the restaurant are often as much of the experience as the food. You will then get a dish where you, yourself, can grill your meats and dip them in the food.
Learning how to cook Korean barbecue is probably in order if you’re serious about using this grill regularly to cook Korean foods. Check out this beginner’s guide to Korean BBQ here to get started. There are many ways to prepare a Korean barbecue, and you may want to simply start out by having a Korean BBQ party. You may want to create other authentic side dishes to go with the meat portions of the meal, which means you’ll need to seek out new recipes. My Korean Kitchen is a great blog that has mastered the art of teaching Korean cooking. It’s a great place to learn more about the culture as well as the food.
When you’re grilling your own food as a barbecue, here are a few tips to help you get the best out of your meal:
- Grill veggies on the outside of your tray or hot plate. They have the longest cook time, so start them first before anything else.
- Grill the meats in the center of the grill plate. Your meat should be thin (beef or pork are the most typical meats) and only take a few minutes on each side to be finished.
- Side dishes, or “ban-chan” are there to nibble on. In the restaurants, you help yourself, but when cooking at home, you’re the one in charge of preparing it. Rice, stir-fried mushrooms, and Kim chi are just a few traditional side dishes.
- When it’s time for the meat, grill it all near the center of the grill plate for about two free to snag pieces of meat to eat right off the grill.
- You can use lettuce for lettuce wraps, small store-bought spinach wraps (think: egg roll size), or whatever else you want – but keep the portions small.
Summing it Up:
Making your own Korean barbecue at home on an electric grill can be a lot of fun. Make sure you always follow instructions on heat temperatures and any special dishes that the appliance is meant to create. There are a lot of great resources around for cooking Korean food, too. Start with something simple and work your way up to find true inspiration for your future meals.
And what will be the best electric korean bbq grill in 2018? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!