With the last bouts of summer underway, it’s high time to dive back into some good old meat grilling. Or, for some of you, it’s the best time to try your hand at grilling for the first time.
In either case, you need an important instrument before you start searing all that meat. A good, sturdy charcoal grill. Yes, we said charcoal grill. You just can’t get the same sear from a gas grill.
Here, we’ll review the best folding charcoal grills of this year.
The Top 5 Best Folding Charcoal Grills in 2021
|Product||Material||Folded Dimensions||Assembled Dimensions||Price|
|Space-saving Notebook Charcoal Grill||Steel||17 x 18 x 1.2 inches||13 x 17 x 18 inches|
|Portable Charcoal Grill||Stainless steel||14 x 14 x 1.9 inches||14 x 14 x 11 inches|
|Portable Folding Barbecue||Steel||17 x 12 x 2.5 inches||17 x 12 x 9 inches|
|ROBDAE BBQ Charcoal Grill||Steel||N/A||23.6 x 8.66 x 13 inches|
|Folding Charcoal BBQ Grill||Stainless steel||41 x 13 x 4.25 inches||41 x 13 x 27.5 inches|
- The Moclever Space-saving Notebook Charcoal Grill comes with a 1-year warranty. Even though it only covers manufacturing defects, it’s still pretty useful.
- We’ll talk about the most important part first; foldability. This grill excels in that department. When assembled, it rides high at 18 inches, but you can fold it down to a single inch. It opens up to a V-shape and folds down like a notebook. Hence, the name and notebook shape make the grill incredibly light and easy to move.
- It also comes with two sets of grates. One on which you will place the charcoal on, the other is the cooking grate. This cooking grate is also foldable and fits right into the space when the grill is folded.
- The entire body of the grill is of solid steel. The grates are stainless steel. The grill has holes on the side of the compartment where the charcoal is meant to go. Two openings are present adjacent to the holes. All these acts like the vents for the foldable grill. The cooking surface is vast 207 square inches. This means you can grill 6 large patties, a few kebabs, and vegetables simultaneously.
- This contender looking to be the best folding charcoal grill is Shark’s BBQ Camping Grill. And since it’s foldable, it’s easy to carry and move around. When assembled, it stands at 11 inches. When folded, the height goes down to only 1.9 inches. The process to take it down to that height isn’t even complicated.
- You don’t need to have experience with grills to understand how to assemble and fold the Shark BBQ. Prop up the legs, extend the charcoal department, and you’re good to go. Just don’t forget to slide in the ashtray and cooking grates.
- The charcoal compartment has several holes on all four sides and its bottom. This, as well as the compartment’s shape, makes the appliance efficiently vented. Other than this, the grill’s construction is also exceptional. It doesn’t wobble but is significantly sturdy and perfect for camping trips. The body is also resistant to corrosion.
- Having 190 square inches of cooking surface, you can comfortably grill 9 large burger patties at a time. That being said, the Camping grill’s cooking area isn’t as big as many users would hope.
- The competition for the best folding charcoal grill continues with this next grill in our line-up. Colourtree’s Portable Folding Grill. Its foldability is pretty basic as you only have to fold or prop up the legs only. This changes the grill’s height from 2.5 inches when folded, to 9 inches when assembled.
- You only need to simply prop the legs open to set it up. So, it takes minimal time for the grill to be ready to use. It is also very convenient to clean, as you can remove the grates, leaving no nook uncleaned. The ashtray makes sure for no mess to occur under the grill. The tray also has 12 holes providing an efficient ventilation system. With a cooking area of 204 square inches, you can easily cook for your family or a couple of friends.
- What sets this grill apart from the rest of them in our line-up are the materials it’s made of. The body is made of a special type of steel that is resistant to rust. The grill grid is coated with chrome. Both features help protect the grill from the elements.
- This is not to say that Colourtree’s grill is perfect. Unfortunately, the paint tends to peel off after regular use and the upper grill tends to deform after a while, too.
- Frillers who’re looking for foldable grills, most of them primarily wish to store their grills easily. That too, without compromising on the quality of the grill. If you’re one of these users, you need to look no further than ROBDAE’s barbecue grill.
- The grill is 13 inches tall when assembled. The height decreases by almost 7 inches when folded. Its length is 23.6 inches, while the width is 8.66 inches. The small width and height when folded both make it super easy to slide in a corner anywhere and everywhere. And even easier to carry around since it’s incredibly light.
- The body’s material is also top-notch. The steel is made to prevent bends, twists, or any form of deformation caused by heat or mild damage. It also resists all forms of abrasions. The grill has a quick and clean setup, simple for even the most inexperienced users. Prop up the legs, slide in the ashtray and grill grate, and you’re set.
- The unusually long length of the grill allows you to grill several foods side by side without any hassle. This unique structure can hold up to 11 large burger patties at a single time! Other than a grill, the appliance can also be used as a smoker.
- The last contender for the best folding charcoal grill is finally upon us. OutSunny’s Portable Folding Charcoal BBQ Grill. This has the largest height change when folded. When fully assembled, it stands tall at 27.5 inches. When folded, it goes down to a compact 4.25 inches. This a decrease of 23.5 inches. Like some of the other grills in our line-up, the BBQ grill is folded just by snapping the legs up to the grill itself.
- You cannot only grill with this product, but it also has many features that assist you in your grilling experience. It has two alloy plates for seasoning, right beside the grill. And aside basket and bottom, there is a rack to hang any extra utensils. The grill itself is made of non-stick steel. It is also resistant to very high temperatures, bends and deformations. It is perfect for all types of meats and vegetables, for cooking, grilling, and searing.
- The outer body is also resistant to rust, abrasions, and it stays durable for a long time. The BBQ grill also has air vents on both sides for perfect temperature control.
What You Should Look for In A Foldable Charcoal Grill
This is one of the most obvious parameters. The main purpose of the grills’ foldability is they’re portable. Always make sure you can move around the grill with ease. Weight is also important, lugging around a 10-pound box of metal isn’t a fun experience.
And, it should be able to fit in most spaces, like the trunk of a car, or in a packed kitchen.
Ease of Use
One parameter most people overlook is the ease of use. Grills can have a dozen of gadgets and gizmos, multiple grates, and quadruple legs. But, all of this would be of no use if it needs an expert to assemble and deconstruct it every time you need to use it.
You should always get a grill that you can set up and deconstruct in just a few slides and pops. Meat gunk and grease should preferably not be stuck to your grill.
The last important parameter to keep in mind is the cooking surface. While foldable grills are generally portable, that doesn’t mean the grill should be small. You should still be able to grill a good amount of food.
If you have a large family or group of friends, a large cooking area is imperative.
After conducting extensive research, we’ve reached our final verdict. The best foldable charcoal grill in 2021 is the Shark BBQ Portable Charcoal Camping Grill.
It’s easy setup and deconstruction has a few simple and easy steps. It has an ashtray, multiple holes for ventilation, and legs that you can easily prop up and fold again.
It has an incredibly sturdy build, even with all its moving parts. Plus, the whole grill comes with a bag that greatly helps with portability and makes it even more compact.
Whichever foldable grill you choose to get, always make sure it is best suited for your specific needs and requirements. Find your best foldable charcoal grill and stick to it.
And what will be the best folding charcoal grill in 2022? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!