Are you looking for the best electric grill for chicken? A lot of people wonder about the best appliance to cook this favorite meat.
Chicken is a staple of almost every country in the world, filling up family bellies every day of the week. Why is it such a favorite? For one thing, chicken is simply versatile. You can make chicken wings, fingers, breasts or giblets as well as the whole chicken. Each of these cuts has infinite possibilities; everything from an Indian curry to a Southern American style has been used to jazz up your favorite chicken dish.
Grilling is also a favorite way to prepare different cuts of chicken. It’s a healthy and flavorful way to cook white meat, and it helps cut the fat. Electric grills are even better because they can be used in all weather, and they cut additional fat along the way.
2022 Best Electric Grill for Chicken
- This electric grill for chicken is always a favorite for those of us who like to use the contact grill for serving large quantities of food. You’ll love that it can fit about 15 burgers or 20 hot dogs, and when it comes to chicken, about 10 breasts or wings will be a breeze to cook. Make sure you season ahead of time – you can use a rub if you like. A bit of salt, pepper and rosemary with a bit of butter will do in a pinch. Temperature dials will help you keep your cooking times even. A drip tray catches all the yucky fat and stuff for easy cleanup.
- This electric grill for chicken has a little less space, but it’s perfect for cooking a 2-person meal. Try a few chicken breasts along side your favorite veggies – asparagus or broccoli go well. This grill lets you turn it up temporarily to get the perfect sear, which adds a wonderful barbecue flavor to the way it tastes. Yum! A drip tray catches all the fat and grease for you, and you’re left with a lean and juicy meal for yourself + one. There is a spring in the grill that allows for different levels of thickness.
- This clamshell electric grill for chicken is built to offer many options in one: it can work as a contact grill, Panini press or full griddle as well as a grill, half-grill, half-griddle, etc. Basically you can close it or open it up, and use it for many options. To create these functions, it offers a bunch of different fittings, including removable, reversible and nonstick grill/griddle plates. It, too, has a searing function, which makes it easy to turn up the heat for two minutes for optimum searing. Great for cooking chicken breasts or other thick cuts of chicken, too.
- When talking about grilling chicken, it’s important to remember that there are only a few models that can cook a whole chicken. This KeyTop electric grill can cook both chicken kabobs (up to 6) and roast a small chicken for you, which is why it’s such a favorite for chicken lovers everywhere. All parts are easily detached for cleaning. You can cook a whole chicken in just under an hour.
- This model is great for electric grill chicken wings and other recipes that don’t need smoke but DO need even heating. The surface space on this grill can make dinner for four and measures 11 inches in diameter, perfect for chicken legs, breasts, thighs and other portions of chicken. Great for table or countertop food – but put it out of reach of your pets, please!
- This great Power Smokeless Grill is one of the best indoor smokeless grills. It comes with a lid which is really helpful in reducing smoke. Also your meal is ready earlier because the lid locks the hot air.
- You can sear your meat with the 450 F hot temperature which you can set up with the touch switch. The grilling causes excess fat to drain away from food.
Best Practices for Cooking Chicken on an Electric Grill
Grilling is a healthy and easy way to cook everyone’s favorite white meat, but that doesn’t mean that we’re born with the instinct to cook it to perfection. It’s time to learn how to cook chicken in an electric griller. In an electric grill, you can learn to cook thighs or chicken wings. Some of your capabilities will depend on the model of grill you choose. Here are a few tips on cooking your chicken on an electric grill, no matter what your skill level.
When Cooking with Contact Models:
Contact electric grills, also called clamshell grills, work through direct contact on both sides of your food as it’s cooking. These types of grills cook very quickly, but mostly, they can’t work with cuts of chicken that are thicker than one inch. Some of the models that also function as Panini presses still do a good job with thicker cuts of chicken.
Most clamshell grills come with adjustable temperature controls. You should cook your chicken at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, if possible, although some grills don’t go that low in temperature. If this is the case for you, try 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook your chicken for about 10 to 12 minutes per, and if you’re not sure it’s done, it’s okay to open it. Stick a fork into the center to see if it’s done. Chicken that’s ready will have clear fluid seeping out of the holes. If it’s not done, you’ll probably see pink or red meat in the holes instead.
When Cooking with Open Models:
Electric grills that are open usually have electrical heating coils that cook your food. Larger Kettle designs help you cook thicker cuts of meat (see the first products above for a perfect example of this design.)
If your grill has adjustable temperature control, set it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, or “high”. If these aren’t an option, try 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Chicken cooks fast on a grill top, and boneless cuts are ready in about 10 minutes per side. (Chicken with bones takes longer to cook, about 15 minutes each side.) Closing the grill cover can speed up cooking time. Stick a fork in it to see if it has cooked thoroughly.
Summing it Up:
Chicken can be cooked thoroughly and deliciously on your electric grill, but make sure that if you plan on cooking it regularly you get the best grill to suit your preferences. Some people like to smoke a whole chicken while others just want a hot thigh for sandwiches or other meals. In the end, it’s up to you, so choose wisely and make sure you check out our favorite selections above. Enjoy your chicken dinners!
And what will be the best electric grill for chicken in 2023? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!