Okay, so you know you want a grill. You’re ready to buy a powerful one, maybe a standup grill or maybe a built-in grill. Built-in grills are typically the most handsome and easy to use. They’re built for long-term use and most of them come as pure stainless steel alloys. But they are cost-prohibitive for many. Stainless steel grills are very popular nowadays because they simply look great.
Although stainless steel can show dirt, dust, grease, and other spots, it’s easy to clean. It’s a task you must work on regularly so your nice, shiny grill doesn’t lose its luster. If you’re here specifically looking for a stainless steel grill, then I assume that you care about keeping it looking clean. (Manufacturers recommend cleaning your grill after each use, but more on this later.)
If you’re looking for an electric grill that’s built to last, then stainless steel is obviously the right choice. You don’t want to get a cheap grill that’s only partially stainless steel, because they often use very thin 430 stainless steel alloys, which can cause problems. Sure, these lightweight machines look great on the showroom floor, but the truth is that they can’t withstand the harsh conditions of weather or grilling. If in doubt, consult with the manufacturer to find out what materials the grill is made out of, and the quality.
Top 5 Stainless Steel Electric Grills in 2019-2020
For our purposes, I’m going to concentrate on electric grills that will fit in your kitchen. Stainless steel is a great material, but it’s a huge lead between a boating grill and a tabletop grill, and I prefer to focus on the latter for this article. (Use the search box on this website to find out about other grill types.)
- This is a handsome, modern addition to any kitchen with stainless steel appliances, and it’s a highly functional indoor electric grill as well. The digital controls are a welcome technological advance, and you are offered options to use it as a contact grill, Panini press, full griddle, full grill, half grill/half griddle, or top melt grill. That’s a lot of different cooking methods to choose from. Great for beginners, this grill is pretty versatile and well loved among apartment dwellers.
- This stainless steel indoor electric grill is more powerful looking than the previous model. It’s also very easy to use, even for people who don’t normally grill or even cook. The heating settings are broken down into sandwiches, burger, poultry, sausage, red meat, and fish. From there it adjusts both the time and the temperature for you by itself. All in all, this is a great pick for a beginner, and it’s handsome, too.
- Hamilton Beach is another solid brand for indoor grilling. This stainless steel electric grill is very elegant and modern. There are two price points for this model – you can get it with a window, or without. I prefer the window because I like to watch things turn color. This model can grill 4-6 servings, which for a couple means two burgers, and four servings of vegetables, making a great meal. The temperature is adjustable and you can aspire to high searing temperatures. People love this grill because it grills food quickly – and it seems to be perfectly cooked on both sides when the food comes out.
- This stainless steel electric grill is a pleasure to use as you can watch the meat simmer and brown the whole time through a glass top. The exterior is actually easier to clean because of this. It’s not as hot as some of the other stainless steel.
- This stainless steel electric grill features removable, dishwasher safe plates. It’s also got a “barbecue mode” that’s meant to help create the most authentic barbecue meals. The Smart Grill allows you to sear meat indoors at a high consistent, making it ideal for turkey or chicken. It’s got a removable drip tray that you can clean easily and dishwasher-safe inner plates.
- This stainless steel electric grill / panini maker can also cook up your vegetables and meats in style. It’s especially good for those of us who enjoy thick cuts of meat. This great grill is small enough for the countertop. It can handle a wide variety of foods, from pancakes to quesadillas, and helpfully has 5 different widths to choose from. You’ll find little guidance on how to cook foods outside of Paninis, but there are large varieties of sandwiches that this contraption can make for you.
Caring for Your Stainless Steel Electric Grill
Remember how I mentioned you must care for your grill for it to keep its luster? It’s not as hard as you might think – just some warm soapy water with a clean water rinse works well. Don’t scrub with a brush in a circle – rub and wipe in the direction of the visible grain. Never use abrasive pads or steel wool. If you want to keep dirt off of your grill, make sure that you buy it a cover, especially if it’s exposed to the elements.
Be careful with store-bought stainless steel polish- not all of it is safe for use on 100% stainless steel, and it’s not the best idea to get these chemicals near heat or food. Some good, strong elbow grease seems the best way to go when cleaning a stainless steel grill. Make sure that you clean inside the grill thoroughly and regularly. While your grill may look great on the outside, it’s actually in danger of permanent damage if you let residue and dirt collect on the inside. It’s also a food safety hazard. Clean it every time you use it. And I mean it — every single time.
And what will be the best stainless steel electric grill in 2021? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!