Outdoor cooking can be a lot of fun, but there’s simply not always a lot of time to enjoy it when Mother Nature comes roaring. Many of us choose to opt for an electric grill when it’s time for inclement dwellers, especially the apartment dwellers, which often have limited choices for how they enjoy their grilled meals.
The solution is often an outdoor electric grill, or at least a stand-up grill, that offers a taste and feel of the authentic grilling experience, but doesn’t cause smoke or fire risks when you’re in a confined space. With the right stand up grill, you’ll be able to cook for yourself, your families, and get-together. But first, you need to find out which model is the right one for you.
Let’s take a look at some of the other benefits.
Why Your Stand Up Electric Grill Will Be Awesome
The electric grill will give you the best of both worlds, without sacrificing any taste or food quality. With a stand up electric grill, you’ll find that you “feel” as if you’re grilling on a grill with fire, but there won’t be any sparks or ashes flying in your face. You’ll also have more temperature controls and other controls that allow you to grill with precision due to evenness of the cooking.
Stand up electric grills are the safest alternative to other types of grills for apartment and townhouse residents. They are infinitely safer than taking the chance with a grill that can release sparks into the wind. When you cook with electricity, you’re not sending harmful gases or smokes into the air. This is a huge bonus for those of us who are environmentally conscious.
Using an electric barbecue grill with stand is easy and fun. Aside from the fact that they cook more quickly, it’s also another plus that you’ll never run out of coal or charcoal. With your electric grill, burgers, steaks, chops and other meat cuts will heat evenly. Some of the electric grills even melt the fat off of your meat, making them much less fatty without sacrificing the taste.
What about cleaning, you ask? All of the stand-up electric grills here are made from non-stick surfaces. Clean up is easy, and each of them features drip trays to catch fats and waste from cooked meats.
Choosing Your Stand Up Electric Grill 2022
If you’re looking for a freestanding electric grill, I’ve singled out 5 different grills that are worth a second look. Try to remember that this electric grill type is still relatively new, and most retailers are more familiar with the tabletop grills than this stand-up type. A few of these grills listed here are actually adaptable to standing up. If you need to purchase a stand separately, it will be noted in the review.
- Foreman is always serving up the best, so to speak, especially when it comes to grilling technology. This stand up electric grill is no exception, and it’s built to make everyone happy indoors or out. It can fold up enough to be portable for trips or tailgating, and seriously cook over a dozen servings of burgers or hot dogs. The grill surface itself is tough, nonstick and easy to clean.
- This awesome electric Weber comes assembled out of the box; however, the stand is to be purchased separately. Here you can choose a stand for it. That’s the big downside of this model. However, a big pro for this model is its sleek and elegant design and its porcelain enamel cast iron cooking grates. Everyone agrees it’s pretty easy to use no matter what your cooking skill level. This electric grill is much better than charcoal or gas because it not only looks good, but it also cooks very accurately. Just be aware, it can get pretty hot when it’s heating up, so don’t let any plastic packaging near it.
- Right off the bat, let’s take a look at the sleek design of this stand up electric grill. Gunmetal really makes it stand out and look a lot more expensive than it actually it. This is a really nice grill for both indoor and outdoor cooking, and it’s perfect for apartment and condo entertaining. Foreman, as always, builds on his reputation for temperature accuracy and quick cooking. This model can cook up to 15 servings for your party guests. A tray collects the drippings for you.
- This stand up electric grill was built for doing its grilling outdoors, like any grilling fan would love. It’s another model that’s ideal for apartment or condo living. This model, however, has a tight seal lid that makes it ideal for cooking more slowly such as pork for your barbecue. It can also cook a large quantity of food at once.
- This elegant stand up grill is great for porch or patio grilling, and it’s easy to assemble. Once you start using it, you’ll find that it heats up pretty quickly. As far as looks, this is a smaller model that can cook for a small family and takes up less space than the previously mentioned grills. If your family has a larger appetite, you may find that this isn’t the grill for you. However, if you’re looking for a grill that’s easy to put away and use every week or so for a meal, this grill will give you your money’s worth.
Electric Grilling: The Taste is Up to You
There are many ways to add smoky flavor to your food, whether you’re using a rub or soaking it in your favorite flavors. Once you choose your electric grill, it’s time to start exploring the flavors you can add to your recipes.
There are many websites on the web that you can explore to learn more. Better Homes and Gardens has a few recipes that can get you started.
And what will be the best stand up electric grill in 2023? If you are interested in this subject subscribe us and share your opinion in a comment. Thank you!