Hungarian paprika sauce
In old times green peppers were full bloom as ornamental plants in the garden of noble and manorial castles.
Now we know that they are edible, in fact not only edible, but they also can be used in various ways.
One of the great uses is pepper cream made of pepper. It is suitable to season or colour our meals, good for concomitant sauce.
Here I present a preparing method:
It takes about 45 minutes.
- 3 large green pepper
- 1 tomatoe
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 onion
- 2.5 ounce extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon ground pepper; mild or hot
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon parsley, finelly chopped
- add salt to taste
- Clean the peppers, remove the seeds and the cob. Rinse and chop very finely.
- Mix with the garlic, the parsley and the onion. Put into a wok or a similar iron pan.
- Pour some cold water to cover it, and boil on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the sugar, the vinegar and the olive oil. Season with salt and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce becomes thick.
We can serve lukewarm chilled with poached or fried fish, steamed vegetables or cooked rice. And last but not least it is excellent with grilling.
This sauce is more delicious if we prepare it the day before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
Enjoy your meal!